Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-11-2007, 01:46 AM   #11
msw313
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox24 View Post
MSW313, it is true that it is not Diamond's fault that the sources can't provide them enough product. But Diamond flat out lies to the LCS. They told my LCS directly that they would get BD's Thanos, both Silver Surfers (painted and chrome), white Moon Knight and the HH Thor. The only got one Thanos and that was way after it came out and people had already sent them back to BD to have the paint fixed. And then the one my LCS got still had the paint problems. My LCS never received any of the others. And by that time it's most likely too late to pick them up for a reasonable price. You have to make a decision if you want to shell out $400 for a statue that you could've/should've had for $130.00. It's pretty damn simple, if Diamond can't supply something they shouldn't promise that they can, but they still do. That's the unfortunate truth. All they have to do is tell an LCS no, or even that it's unlikely that they'll get any. At least that gives people a chance to get one somewhere else.
Can't argue with you there, if that's the case.

But there is another possibility. Slim, but possible. Perhaps it's not deliberate, but a failure in internal communication. Customer service reps who field inquiries from the LCS may not be getting timely availability updates filtering down from whoever in Diamond serves as liaison to the various studios. Diamond Manager A gets word from Studio B that Statue C is going to come up short. Manager A gets sidetracked with another call and forgets to post the advisory to CS. CS reps tells curious LCS owners that no advisories are posted, so Statue C looks good to go. Sloppy, but not malicious.

Just a thought...
msw313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #12
Equinox24
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw313 View Post
Can't argue with you there, if that's the case.

But there is another possibility. Slim, but possible. Perhaps it's not deliberate, but a failure in internal communication. Customer service reps who field inquiries from the LCS may not be getting timely availability updates filtering down from whoever in Diamond serves as liaison to the various studios. Diamond Manager A gets word from Studio B that Statue C is going to come up short. Manager A gets sidetracked with another call and forgets to post the advisory to CS. CS reps tells curious LCS owners that no advisories are posted, so Statue C looks good to go. Sloppy, but not malicious.

Just a thought...
And I can't argue with what you just said. Communication breakdown is certainly commonplace. And I'd probably believe that if wasn't for the three different instances I mentioned being spaced fairly far apart (and those weren't the only ones, just three glaring ones). I guess it's just the unfortunate truth (at least in this case). Maybe others have had better luck.
Equinox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:13 PM   #13
msw313
Death is hereditary.

My own experiences with Diamond have been a mixed bag, but a lack of timely regular product availability updates into their CS database does seem to be pervasive.

On several occasions over the years I've ordered items purported to be in stock at the time I order them, only to receive an "out of stock" or "backordered" notice on the next week's invoice.
msw313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #14
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

WHen I ordered the hard hero from them either I get it or I don't , probably saved me money if they allocated the hulk on me
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote