Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
IronFist
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Call of Duty: World at War on Veteran difficulty

Holy Mother of God, was this tough! I'm not new to gaming, nor am I a slouch when it comes to playing them. But this game had a level that made me want to give up playing videogames altogether. Took me between 12 - 14 hours to progress past one particular checkpoint!

I finally cracked it last night and finished it off, but I stand by previous statements I've made to friends and on other forums: I wish I could meet the guy who programmed the 'Heart of the Reich' episode so I could punch him in the taint.

Anyone else put themselves through this Hell?
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
abarron
Batman

Got this for christmas and haven't played it yet.
I usually don't try anything over normal though cos i am a big woos
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
snappahead
Producer
Producer

I never play games on the hardest difficulty. I prefer to have fun.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

I'd probably wouldn't be able to get past the first level on the hardest difficulty
twinzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
MrYac
Hercules

working on this now (damn my achievment addiction ) and yeah it's a pain in the ass, not hard because it's hard so much as because it's annoying, the computer loves their friggin grenade spam, and i can't tell you how many times i've either been pushed aside or have just been blocked by my "team" from finding cover
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #6
IronFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
working on this now (damn my achievment addiction ) and yeah it's a pain in the ass, not hard because it's hard so much as because it's annoying, the computer loves their friggin grenade spam, and i can't tell you how many times i've either been pushed aside or have just been blocked by my "team" from finding cover
Ah, yes. Your "team". The guys who get spatial priority over you, yet they couldn't shoot an enemy if they were leaning against the muzzle of their rifle.

I can't tell you the number of times that I'd sprint to cover and go prone, wait for a clearing in the granade storm, only to discover when I'd try to get up that my teammate is now standing ON me, and I can't move, only to see myself cut down two seconds later.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
MrYac
Hercules

and theres nothing better then getting shot by a single enemy soldier that you didn't notice because he was standing next to several of your guys, and since they weren't paying any attention to him you figured it was clear to move up
Old 01-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #8
IronFist

Yup. I've watched my team have extended gun battles with Nazis who're standing on the other side of the same sandbag they're hiding behind. Neither side seems to do any damage until the Nazi sees you. He then suddenly becomes Annie Oakley.

I'll be honest with you: The entirety of the game is mildly frustrating with a few parts that induce involuntary teeth-gnashing and under-your-breath swearing. But the 'Heart of the Reich' episode is something else entirely. I spent more time trying to progress beyond one, specific checkpoint than I did playing the complete rest of the game. I think it (that one checkpoint) took me 10 - 12 hours.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #9
MrYac
Hercules

i've been spending more time online then in single player, so not too far. i just finished the 2nd russian mission after the sniping missing