Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who's wins this one.
Superman 26 39.39%
Thor 40 60.61%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #121
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
That's my point it all comes down to speed but the writers don't see that.
Silver Surfer in an armhold by Black Panther anybody.
Thor is very well able to compensate for speed, but getting back to your point about speed winning any and every fight is simply not true and in fact sometimes speed can be a liability. I seen quite a few cases where Flash has gotten into trouble because speed didn't allow for him the compensate for a ever changing battle seen. Speed is geat to have but its not an answer to all fight otherwise Flash would have no peers but he gets tagged by Captain Cold and Bommerang.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:10 PM   #122
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
" gotcha "= as in " I understand you."
Oh OK?
Old 07-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #123
gammaguy
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
The same way he fight any character this fast and shoots lasers from his eyes by upping the ante and going for the god blast. I doubt freeze breath would work on a Norse god who is use to cold and flies in space. Its interesting that Thor did not use any of his energy attacks on Supes but Supes sure pulled out the heat vision in a heart beat. I wonder why the writers chose to do that?
I'm surprised that Thor didn't block the heat vision with Mjolnir.
gammaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #124
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaguy View Post
I'm surprised that Thor didn't block the heat vision with Mjolnir.
Like he did with Gladiator.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #125
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I am not the biggest Superman nor Thor expert in the world so what follows will be nothing more than my own personal two cents being added to this discussion.

I have read about Superman being able to move planets and that is not something I see Thor doing any given day of the week.
In the Superman/FF crossover Superman was hit by a beam so powerful it could cut through adamantium but Superman never even frowned when the beam hit him.
If it would have been Thor being hit by that beam I do not know if the outcome would have been the same.

As strong and mighty Thor undoubtedly is, I just do not feel he is as powerful or fast as Superman is.
Perhaps a Rune Thor could wipe the floor with the man of Steel but I am afraid the normal, regular Thor will be swept off his feet by Kal-El.
After all, what good is Mjolnir going to do when Superman is too fast to be hit by it?
And what could is a tornado or lightning bolt going to do against the strongest hero of the DC Universe?

I think this a battle whih Thor cannot win but there is no shame in that when you go up against Superman.

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Just my two
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #126
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
I am not the biggest Superman nor Thor expert in the world so what follows will be nothing more than my own personal two cents being added to this discussion.

I have read about Superman being able to move planets and that is not something I see Thor doing any given day of the week.
In the Superman/FF crossover Superman was hit by a beam so powerful it could cut through adamantium but Superman never even frowned when the beam hit him.
If it would have been Thor being hit by that beam I do not know if the outcome would have been the same.

As strong and mighty Thor undoubtedly is, I just do not feel he is as powerful or fast as Superman is.
Perhaps a Rune Thor could wipe the floor with the man of Steel but I am afraid the normal, regular Thor will be swept off his feet by Kal-El.
After all, what good is Mjolnir going to do when Superman is too fast to be hit by it?
And what could is a tornado or lightning bolt going to do against the strongest hero of the DC Universe?

I think this a battle whih Thor cannot win but there is no shame in that when you go up against Superman.

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Just my two
You must not have read Supes in a while. Two things you must consider.

1.) Planet pushing feats are not a test of strength but rather levitation and controling gravitational forces of keeping the planet in place without it breaking apart. In the past, DC writers ignored this part of physics and just said Supes had the strength to push a planet but when they looked at it from a more believable point they had to revise this. Basically a man's hands cannot support the weight of an entire planet, it would collapse around his hands, at best Supes would just push right through the planet to the other side. Think of a safty pin trying to support a watermelon. The pin is sturdy enough to carry the weight but it will push through everytime. DC retconned this that Supes uses his mind via levitation to pull this off.

2.) I read the strory where Supes was hit by a beam that could cut thru adamantium and Superman took it with no sweat. If your read the story you will find out that the metal it was cutting was secondary admantium that has been thrashed but Hulk, Thor and even Wonder Man. Thor has even snapped a binder made of this stuff with his bare hands.

3.) Superman rouges can tag Supes and I'm sure Thor will tag will as well. Thor and Supes are in roughly the same strength.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #127
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Superman!
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #128
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Actually I think Wonder Woman would also take Thor.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #129
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
This is all I found.
This is a great image.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #130
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
You must not have read Supes in a while. Two things you must consider.

1.) Planet pushing feats are not a test of strength but rather levitation and controling gravitational forces of keeping the planet in place without it breaking apart. In the past, DC writers ignored this part of physics and just said Supes had the strength to push a planet but when they looked at it from a more believable point they had to revise this. Basically a man's hands cannot support the weight of an entire planet, it would collapse around his hands, at best Supes would just push right through the planet to the other side. Think of a safty pin trying to support a watermelon. The pin is sturdy enough to carry the weight but it will push through everytime. DC retconned this that Supes uses his mind via levitation to pull this off.

2.) I read the strory where Supes was hit by a beam that could cut thru adamantium and Superman took it with no sweat. If your read the story you will find out that the metal it was cutting was secondary admantium that has been thrashed but Hulk, Thor and even Wonder Man. Thor has even snapped a binder made of this stuff with his bare hands.

3.) Superman rouges can tag Supes and I'm sure Thor will tag will as well. Thor and Supes are in roughly the same strength.

Do you enjoy talking out your ass?
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote