Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who's wins this one.
Superman 26 39.39%
Thor 40 60.61%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #131
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Actually I think Wonder Woman would also take Thor.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #132
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

No need to make it personal guys.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #133
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Get your mind out of the gutter LOL
Old 07-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #134
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
No need to make it personal guys.

Not I..... I love Mak!!!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #135
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Sounded like you were recommended a colonoscopy LOL
Old 07-20-2009, 06:32 PM   #136
Ryu

no, I'm not taking it personal. nor am i trying to make it personal. I don't even like superman, but IMO he would win. I mean no disrespect to the Thor fans, but when bullseye mentioned wonder woman. it reminded me of his nickname.

I mean, when you consider comic book characters to potentially transform into women, the Norse god of thunder isn't one that generally leaps to mind. However, considering that Thor likes to wear his blond hair as long and loose as your average shampoo model—earning him the nickname "Goldilocks" from his teammates—I guess he was kind of asking for it.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #137
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Thor is very well able to compensate for speed, but getting back to your point about speed winning any and every fight is simply not true and in fact sometimes speed can be a liability. I seen quite a few cases where Flash has gotten into trouble because speed didn't allow for him the compensate for a ever changing battle seen. Speed is geat to have but its not an answer to all fight otherwise Flash would have no peers but he gets tagged by Captain Cold and Bommerang.
Actually Makk, speed like the Flashes WOULD win everytime. There is NO WAY that Captain Cold, or Boomerang could ever touch the Flash with their lame gimmicks.... EVER!

Speed like the Flash's, or Superman's, also means that they can react like a billion times faster than these other characters. A trap set by Boomerang, or the swinging of Mjolnir by Thor would look like they weren't even moving to the eyes of someone who was so much faster. It's not only about going fast in a straight line, it's about being able to react a billion times, before your opponent can react. If someone like the Flash really existed, he would never be tricked by the goof balls he fights, and a changing battle field wouldn't effect him in the least, because he could react better than anyone else on the battlefield. It really goes back to Teague's post a few pages back. True speed like this would trump virtually everyone, especially when you back it up with the kind of invulnerability that Superman or Gladiator has. It's lights out for virtually every opponent, except those who can change or distort reality, IMO.

BUT, as Teague mentioned, that doesn't make for very long stories, or very fun reading when one character has such a huge advantage, so the writers seem to ignore it, except when it serves their particular storyline.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:16 AM   #138
Ryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Actually Makk, speed like the Flashes WOULD win everytime. There is NO WAY that Captain Cold, or Boomerang could ever touch the Flash with their lame gimmicks.... EVER!

Speed like the Flash's, or Superman's, also means that they can react like a billion times faster than these other characters. A trap set by Boomerang, or the swinging of Mjolnir by Thor would look like they weren't even moving to the eyes of someone who was so much faster. It's not only about going fast in a straight line, it's about being able to react a billion times, before your opponent can react. If someone like the Flash really existed, he would never be tricked by the goof balls he fights, and a changing battle field wouldn't effect him in the least, because he could react better than anyone else on the battlefield. It really goes back to Teague's post a few pages back. True speed like this would trump virtually everyone, especially when you back it up with the kind of invulnerability that Superman or Gladiator has. It's lights out for virtually every opponent, except those who can change or distort reality, IMO.

BUT, as Teague mentioned, that doesn't make for very long stories, or very fun reading when one character has such a huge advantage, so the writers seem to ignore it, except when it serves their particular storyline.
Yeah, i pretty much agree with that, why some characters are watered down for purposes to serve the writer's storyline.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #139
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post

Best post in this thread.
Superman is so superfast he could even trip while blindfolded and kill most heroes.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:59 AM   #140
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Not I..... I love Mak!!!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote