Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 08-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #41
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatial.Archite View Post
Personally I believe it's a leverage move since Fedor only signed a 3-fight contract (with the first most likely coming in November). So UFC / Fedor talks could resume in a little over a year or so; Dana said the offer remains on the table for Fedor, but only if he doesn't lose. If Strikeforce does go a bit farther because of Fedor, that gives him more leverage in his quest for co-promotion with the UFC (not that there's a chance of co-promotion ever happening).

So I won't say he's ducking Lesnar, but it is sort of aggravating as a fan. I would fight Brock Lesnar with my hands duct-taped behind my back for $5 million.

Oh yeah will I'll do it for $4 million then!!! !
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #42
SkyPilot
A day without sunshine is like... night.

For whatever reason Fedor doesn't want to fight in the UFC. They asked for something from the UFC that they had to know there was no way in hell of the UFC obliging. I have a hard time believing he's afraid of Lesnar.

He's a proud man. Maybe he didn't want to sign with a man who has been bad mouthing him for years and referring to Russians as crazy. Might not be a big deal to you and me but perhaps Fedor just doesn't like Dana's abrasive style for any amount of money

This is in no way a put down of Dana who who has done a ton for MMA and did ALL he could to sign Fedor.
SkyPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #43
Statue and Bust
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Has Fedor ever had a fight in a cage, or have all his fights been in a ring? (Just curious)
Statue and Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #44
monomaster1
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statue and Bust View Post
Has Fedor ever had a fight in a cage, or have all his fights been in a ring? (Just curious)
Ring only.
monomaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #45
monomaster1
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPilot View Post
For whatever reason Fedor doesn't want to fight in the UFC. They asked for something from the UFC that they had to know there was no way in hell of the UFC obliging. I have a hard time believing he's afraid of Lesnar.

He's a proud man. Maybe he didn't want to sign with a man who has been bad mouthing him for years and referring to Russians as crazy. Might not be a big deal to you and me but perhaps Fedor just doesn't like Dana's abrasive style for any amount of money

This is in no way a put down of Dana who who has done a ton for MMA and did ALL he could to sign Fedor.
The deal is that Fedor is an owner in M1 and he wants to build it into an enterprise that he can make a living from after he retires.
monomaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote