Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #201
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFire76 View Post
I am a bit confused...

From what I have read, it appears that the Thundercats statue line from PCS is dead. Is that the case? Or is it that Tygra is not going to be produced? I thought it was the latter
It's the former.
Erihppas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #202
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFire76 View Post
I am a bit confused...

From what I have read, it appears that the Thundercats statue line from PCS is dead. Is that the case? Or is it that Tygra is not going to be produced? I thought it was the latter

It's also strange that Tygra was not able to meet the 200 pre-orders. Just wondering if the reasoning for pulling Tygra takes into account pre-orders taken by comic shops or possibly factor in that people may buy this statue from a retail shop in hopes to buy it a bit cheaper. Sorry if this is a stupid question... but was just wondering.

Very sad tho that Tygra is not being produced.
If that is the case, I would not take that chance. I think Jerry is doing what's best in his interest for his company. I think any of us would do the same.

The operative word that gives anyone pause is MAY BUY. Pre-orders more or less are guaranteeed, although some may change their mind.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #203
Comicbookguy
Hercules

No cheetara and panthros! This sucks! I wanted those two before tygra. So Jerry how about making them for special orders?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #204
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I wanted those two before tygra. So Jerry how about making them for special orders?
i will agree there, Tygra always seemed to be the least popular of the cats (behind the kids obviously), i mean hell even the other cats left him on 3rd Earth when they went back to New Thundera . with Panthro and Cheetara being the most popular (even ahead of Lion-O) but then i've never done any actual research, just going by opinions i've gathered over the years
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #205
JetFire76
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Man ... that does suck. I would have definitely gotten a Panthro statue from this line as he is my favority character.

Think the problem is that there are too many statues that are coming out...almost all at once.. and I would have to guess that people are making choices among a large number of choices... and Tygra wasn't exactly on the top of peoples list. It just sucks that this basically killed the T-Cats line.

I think this huge insurgence of statues worked out for some companies and not for others.
JetFire76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #206
drkknight65
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This is a bummer. I was planning on getting the whole line. Hey Jerry how about sending me the Tygra that was displayed at the SDCC...
drkknight65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #207
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i will agree there, Tygra always seemed to be the least popular of the cats (behind the kids obviously), i mean hell even the other cats left him on 3rd Earth when they went back to New Thundera . with Panthro and Cheetara being the most popular (even ahead of Lion-O) but then i've never done any actual research, just going by opinions i've gathered over the years
Yes you are very right! Tygra killed the line. I wonder why?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #208
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

It doesnt matter if Cheetara came out first...everyone would have still been upset and complained that without Tygra and Panthro its not complete.

In a way its best that its just Lion-O and Mumm-Ra as those two can stand alone...if it was Lion-O, Mumm-Ra and just Cheetara it would look really weird
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #209
MrYac
Hercules

that i can agree with, main hero and main villian make for a better display then main hero and 1 or 2 associates and main villian
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #210
mcss aerocoupe
Frackin!

Last I saw Tygra had a release date around March. I was planning on putting my order in after the holidays. Oh well.

If the line had to fail before all 4 main cats were made, this was the best time for it. Hard Hero showcased how it would have been otherwise, having Cheetara, Tygra, and Ben Gali but no Panthro made it feel incomplete.

I guess this means my days of buying statues is officially over.
mcss aerocoupe is offline   Reply With Quote