Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #71
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

toyhq are getting it as well, but you can't beat OSB!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #72
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Sideshow's PF is still the best.
Well yeah it is hard to improve on perfection, but this is a good attempt

This piece is not "cheap", but it is outstanding value - in that sense it is cheap, but the quality is on the opposite end of that spectrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
very true. the fight scenes were killer. but you need to see Jet Li's fist of legend (true story) if you havnt already. its the remake of BruceLee's Fists of Fury (same true story).
the fight scenes in that were just insanely incredibly awesome...lol and that film came out 19 years ago. trust me if you havnt seen it. watch it. it will blow your mind.
or any of Jet Li's films for that matter. once upon a time in China series. Wong Fei-hung. (real person, bad ass kung fu master)

i liked all three Ip Man films. but i agree. the first Ip Man was the best. "give me 10! I want 10"

I always liked Bodyguard from Beijing.
Did you see Fearless? As far as his recent movies go, I really loved it, it was just bad ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaza5555 View Post
Would love to add this to my collection, but hesitant cause of issues I have with two of my Enterbay products. I have both the Black Label Bruce Lee and Way of the Dragon Bruce Lee statues and after being displayed for few months, started leaning forward. I decided to put them back in their boxes and in storage since then. Enter the Dragon statue is still on display with no issues. I am hoping Blitzway uses different material to avoid the leaning issue before I shell out 600 bucks.
Just read this guru's review of their Scarface:
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_072911b.htm

It matches HT in quality, put simply, they're one of the few companies to match the proto it seems.

and the 1:4 EtD Brucee Lee Enterbay piece was nuts, in person you would not believe this could be a mass produce piece with the craftsmanship.. and though a different representation, I think we're in for a treat here - this isn't Enterbay but we have the same master sculptor and possibly even better quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
This is my wettest dream come true - polystone statues with the state-of-the-art PVC head sculpts of modern action figures. Best of both worlds, something I've wanted for oh so long. Terrific likenesses with no ugly joints and natural-looking poses. I'm so happy I could cry.
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #73
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

fearless is a great film
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #74
thx217
Ultimates

While the head sculpt(looks to be a mod that's meant for another film) could be even better(hey, it's Arnie). THIS is the direction that CM should have gone. Loving it. Definitely getting it. Not interested in the gold base. I hope they continue this line and have some solid production quality.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #75
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
Well yeah it is hard to improve on perfection, but this is a good attempt

This piece is not "cheap", but it is outstanding value - in that sense it is cheap, but the quality is on the opposite end of that spectrum.

I always liked Bodyguard from Beijing.
Did you see Fearless? As far as his recent movies go, I really loved it, it was just bad ass.
yes seen both of those. any Jet Li martial arts film is killer when he is playing the lead role of a real master of the past. another great film that i highly recommended is Tai Chi Master (Chinese: aka "Twin Warriors") that film kicks all kinds of ass as well.
and deadly China hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
fearless is a great film
yes fearless was a great film. and that movie was about Chenzen's master Huo Yuanjia. the master that was poisoned in the film Jet Li stared in fist of legend, and the film fists of fury Bruce Lee stared in. both the same storye.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #76
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Also not that a collector would buy this with intent on selling, but I don't know the pre-order "special" of getting to have your name engraved on the (back of) plate is necessarily a great idea. Maybe if you're very generous and are buying it for a friend who's a Bruce Lee fan (if that's the case we should really catch up for coffee some time) - it's cool it has the ES engraved, but I would probably just leave it nameless.
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #77
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
While the head sculpt(looks to be a mod that's meant for another film) could be even better(hey, it's Arnie). THIS is the direction that CM should have gone. Loving it. Definitely getting it. Not interested in the gold base. I hope they continue this line and have some solid production quality.
yeah would love to see a fists of fury Bruce for sure :buttock:
Old 07-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #78
DynamicMenace

the exclusive can only be pruchased thru brucelee.com
* Gold Version-Diorama bases are an exclusive limited edition run of just 100 pieces, made exclusively for Bruce Lee Enterprises which can be found at www.brucelee.com.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #79
Dark Shadow
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Hi Folks now it's time to pre-order if you want one don't wait to long to own this master piece.

Good Luck.

http://www.blitzway.com/product/pd_bruce_order.html
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #80
Predator
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I feel sorry for the people who spent all that cash on the CM piece. This Bruce is so bad ass. Cannot pass on this one. Arnie Kim+1/3rd scale+yellow jumpsuit=masterpiece!
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote