$800 for the DD ....sheesh...

its beautiful though..
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:12 AM   #62
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
im guessing to be able to PO the statues themselves. or maybe the NYCC EX only? possibly the prints like you said.?
not sure. it wasn't specific on their site.
Okay guys, here's the skinny on the PO exclusives. They only pertain to the 3 Frazetta pieces. If you PO these by Sunday midnight est you get the NYCC versions. They will have NYCC on the bottom of the base, be a lower es, include a COA signed by Arahom, the sculptor and Frazetta jr. as well as a print of the statue signed by Frazetta jr. What ever is ordered by midnight Sunday will be the ES.
The Death Dealer NYCC version will have two heads. The second head will have horns that will look like the rest of the helmet as opposed to the wood looking horns of the primary helmet.
The DD will have an EX version that will only include both heads...no print etc.
The DD reg version will only have the primary head.
The reg version of Atlantis and Huntress is higher ES and no print etc.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:25 AM   #63
pdenham
Teen Titans

One last question- are the prices for the NYCC editions going to be the same when they go on sale post NYCC?
Or is there a slight premium being tacked on to account for the prints, COA, and signatures?
As far as the edition size of the NYCC orders being limited...I can only roll my eyes at this. The only difference is what is printed on the bottom and some inexpensive to produce paper swag you get. Even if only 12 people order DD during CC, the edition size for the statue is not 12. It's going to be xxxx +12. They can print anything they want on the bottom, but the fact will be there are going to be significantly more just like it out there when all is said and done.

Much more than the paper swag, if they offered to ship these out in more premium stryo- that to me would be a HUGE incentive to order now.

I don't mean this post to sound harsh. I think the job they did here is outstanding. I definitely want to order several. But SS has me strapped right now shipping so many delayed pieces all at once, and I would hate to spend even $80 more than I needed to, if waiting will get me a slightly lower price without the unneeded paper extras.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #64
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I'm beginning to think that avatar is actually a picture of you. Lol

Do you have a put a negative twist on everything?

I don't see what's wrong with signatures from the creative team. I love the idea of that for an exclusive.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #65
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post

I don't see what's wrong with signatures from the creative team. I love the idea of that for an exclusive.

That's so funny.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #66
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Much more than the paper swag, if they offered to ship these out in more premium stryo- that to me would be a HUGE incentive to order now.
They did say these pieces would come with better packaging....some type of styro that has better cushion and doesn't shred or flake.

The prices are the same and I was surprised at pricing. I thought they were very reasonable and I would want the version of DD with the two heads.

You guys know I like ARH stuff but trust me theses are really great pieces.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #67
Dark Shadow
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
I'm getting this and the barbarian. Besides those I really like death dealer, but I have to cut it off somewhere.
I think I'm gonna save my money for the number one piece on my list which is Medusa.
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #68
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
I think I'm gonna save my money for the number one piece on my list which is Medusa.
Medusa is very much worth it.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #69
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
No, not me. But it was the closest one I could find.

Quote:

There's nothing wrong with that. I just wanted to be clear that the NYCC pre-order price isn't going to turn out to be $50-85 more than what they will charge for these after the show, because of the signatures and print. Those things may be worth that amount to you, but they aren't to me.

If I can not only save some money, but push the initial payment out a little farther, that is worth it to me in exchange for losing out on the extra paper stuff. Hell, even the ability to make it six instead of four payments, would be worth waiting for till after the Con.

It's all academic now as I already ordered the one I wanted the most.

But clearly there are going to be different price levels involved as the DD is going to be available in (at least) 2 different configurations. Is the Deluxe edition going to be the same price as the NYCC PO- or even more (or less)? Knowing that would help make an informed purchase.

I appreciate Wolf-brothers effort to get a clear breakdown of what is going on. But there are still a few things that could use further clarification.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #70
Dark Shadow
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Medusa is very much worth it.
Do you have this in your collection bro ????

And if you do which one do you have cause there are two versions right.

If you know a Medusa for sale somewhere please let me know via PM.

Thanks in advance,
Dark Shadow.
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote