Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-17-2019, 08:39 AM   #91
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaboy View Post
Greed is the name of the game with XM now,and if mugs keep paying these prices the company will happily keep charging them.

I hope collectors have plenty of money ready to pay for Lobo,Harley,Darkseid and Green Lantern raiding their bank accounts over a pretty short space of time.

Just think,Catwoman on a bike in 1/4 was just SGD 300 more than they're now asking for Harley in 1/6.
It's no different then SS doubling it's PF prices within a few short years. SS is probably even more guilty as the complexity of their statues have pretty much stayed the same yet the prices have sored.

XM has released pictures showing how many parts that are needed to make these more detailed 1:6 DC Statues and all that costs money... Not to mention XM is only selling around 400-600 of each character so that also has an impact on the cost. If they were selling say 6000 of them like SS does then they could bring the cost down with better pricing from the factories.

As for your comparison to Catwoman on a bike, I would say Lobo probably has 4x-5x the parts then that Catwoman had and I bet even Harley has 2x-3x the parts of that statue also.

I'm sure XM could of given Harley a lot lower price if they left the dogs out like many other companies have. Even lowered it more if they just gave her a simple base. It seems some collectors only base the cost of the statue on "It's just a 1:6 statue" and ignore the complexity of it.

Take TH Joker, adding the simple Gas tank and the green cloud to the base added about $70 to the price tag over the price of the other TH statues with more simple bases.

And I'm sure Trump's trade war with China is also having an impact on pricing...

Yeah it sucks, I would much rather pay cheaper prices for statues but I can at least acknowledge that the complexity of the statue is going to add to the price.

Now I'm sure XM has a nice profit margin also but unless you can give me a breakdown of the actual costs to produce a statue in todays market, it's a pure guessing game as far as XM's profit margin is on these statues.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:56 AM   #92
Slamboni
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's no different then SS doubling it's PF prices within a few short years. SS is probably even more guilty as the complexity of their statues have pretty much stayed the same yet the prices have sored.

XM has released pictures showing how many parts that are needed to make these more detailed 1:6 DC Statues and all that costs money... Not to mention XM is only selling around 400-600 of each character so that also has an impact on the cost. If they were selling say 6000 of them like SS does then they could bring the cost down with better pricing from the factories.

As for your comparison to Catwoman on a bike, I would say Lobo probably has 4x-5x the parts then that Catwoman had and I bet even Harley has 2x-3x the parts of that statue also.

I'm sure XM could of given Harley a lot lower price if they left the dogs out like many other companies have. Even lowered it more if they just gave her a simple base. It seems some collectors only base the cost of the statue on "It's just a 1:6 statue" and ignore the complexity of it.

Take TH Joker, adding the simple Gas tank and the green cloud to the base added about $70 to the price tag over the price of the other TH statues with more simple bases.

And I'm sure Trump's trade war with China is also having an impact on pricing...

Yeah it sucks, I would much rather pay cheaper prices for statues but I can at least acknowledge that the complexity of the statue is going to add to the price.

Now I'm sure XM has a nice profit margin also but unless you can give me a breakdown of the actual costs to produce a statue in todays market, it's a pure guessing game as far as XM's profit margin is on these statues.
Thank you for bringing some common sense to the discussion.
Slamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:15 AM   #93
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Nice effort but i much prefer tweeterhead's version. it's simpler but also slicker. there is way too much going on in this.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:52 AM   #94
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Nice effort but i much prefer tweeterhead's version. it's simpler but also slicker. there is way too much going on in this.
If there's one hero who should have a creative display it's GL. Batman and Superman can stand around, finally someone is trying to show off GL's unique powers.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #95
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Greed is the name of the game with XM now,and if mugs keep paying these prices the company will happily keep charging them.

I hope collectors have plenty of money ready to pay for Lobo,Harley,Darkseid and Green Lantern raiding their bank accounts over a pretty short space of time.

Just think,Catwoman on a bike in 1/4 was just SGD 300 more than they're now asking for Harley in 1/6.
Got that right, Xtra Money studios.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:18 AM   #96
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
If there's one hero who should have a creative display it's GL. Batman and Superman can stand around, finally someone is trying to show off GL's unique powers.
Yeah, I agree. The only problem with doing that is that it's a little on the difficult side to do that properly. GL's ring uses light to create constructs. Most statues that have tried this tend to make something that looks plastic instead of light based. The SS Stewart GL is the latest one, I give SS some credit for trying but it just doesn't work, for me anyway. The closest statue that I can think of that does it somewhat correctly is the Tim Bruckner Green Lantern DC Dynamics statue/bust. The base was made of the construct and they used a translucent material. The only problem with that one was it was a fire-looking type of energy effect and that is more of an Alan Scott GL thing.

Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #97
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamboni View Post
Thank you for bringing some common sense to the discussion.
I saw nothing but damage control, deflecting and shifting the blame.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:57 AM   #98
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:

Its not about Greed, its about exorbitant rising costs associated with making a statue. This goes across the board, not just XM. I think part of the problem is the tons of companies that jumped into the statue making business, and too much work and not enough factories to go around.

But unless you are actually producing statues yourself, how do you know? I myself am more frustrated with how much this hobby costs now as to just a few years ago. It's gotten out of hand which has caused me to damn near quit the hobby altogether.

XM 1/6 is far more detailed than just about anything else on the market so I have no problem with the quality or the quantity made, but maybe they can slow down on statues made and released. They are shooting these statues out like flapjacks now. Goodness!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #99
nearmint
Phoenix

I agree about the quality, but I also agree with those who have problems with some of the portraits. I think of the line as the sad JLA. Harley and GL are much more expressive, which is great.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:26 PM   #100
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I agree about the quality, but I also agree with those who have problems with some of the portraits. I think of the line as the sad JLA. Harley and GL are much more expressive, which is great.
Oh I agree as well. I have always been one for portraits fitting the action. I would like much more expressive portraits. I too think the expressions of Harley, Lobo, Green Lantern are fantastic. Cyborg is robotic like and almost emotionless which make sense.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote