Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-06-2021, 09:09 AM   #11
FJC
Midnighter

If this is comic based, I'm down for a Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman. It's the only 2 statues I need to finish off my Bowen collection. Classic costumes but with a modern vibe. I didn't like either offerings by BD of those characters. They looked too dated. Reed looked old and Sue looked like a 50's housewife. I'd like a slightly more modern take artistically. Something along the lines of Steve McNiven's take on the FF.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:35 AM   #12
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
If this is comic based, I'm down for a Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman. It's the only 2 statues I need to finish off my Bowen collection. Classic costumes but with a modern vibe. I didn't like either offerings by BD of those characters. They looked too dated. Reed looked old and Sue looked like a 50's housewife. I'd like a slightly more modern take artistically. Something along the lines of Steve McNiven's take on the FF.
I owned both of those statues at one point in time but have sold them. I thought Reed looked ok but I do agree with you about Sue looking very dated. I actually owned the clear version because I did not like the facial expression on the regular version. It just looked very early Fantastic Four where you could almost see the statue saying "Oh Reed, help me...."

If you think about it, the Fantastic Four in general have not received the statue love that many other Marvel Characters have.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:56 AM   #13
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I owned both of those statues at one point in time but have sold them. I thought Reed looked ok but I do agree with you about Sue looking very dated. I actually owned the clear version because I did not like the facial expression on the regular version. It just looked very early Fantastic Four where you could almost see the statue saying "Oh Reed, help me...."

If you think about it, the Fantastic Four in general have not received the statue love that many other Marvel Characters have.
Well, I think Reed and Sue definitely need to be revisited by someone. BD's Thing statue and Human Torch statues were pretty good IMO. I bought the flying Human Torch from you many moons ago. Wish I hadn't sold it. I need one for my Invaders display.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:14 AM   #14
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Well, I think Reed and Sue definitely need to be revisited by someone. BD's Thing statue and Human Torch statues were pretty good IMO. I bought the flying Human Torch from you many moons ago. Wish I hadn't sold it. I need one for my Invaders display.
What? you sold it?

Yes, selling statues back on the other site years ago. I remember those days well.

I do agree, the Thing and the Human Torch done by Bowen were great statues (both the action and the museum pose) and hopefully you can find the Torch again. I still own the Thing action pose statue and that is one that I truly love and cannot think about getting rid of (I also bought it without a box so attempting to ship that without one would be a nightmare).
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:56 AM   #15
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post

The original set reminded me of Kirby's art. The second set looked like a 70's take on the characters. I just didn't like either of them. Like I said earlier, I'm looking for them in classic costumes but with a more modern take. I really like the way Steve McNiven drew Sue in particular. She looked super sexy and yet quite powerful. I'm waiting for some company to make set of those 2 that I like so I can add them to my collection.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:01 AM   #16
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yeah, I'm all set with Ben and Johnny. I bought the most recent museum pieces of both. The Thing looks awesome and the translucent red resin on the Torch looks amazing. Unfortunately, a Reed and Sue I like still elude me to this day.