Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-24-2021, 10:33 PM   #551
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
When you guys are saying XM I am hoping it's XM/Legendary Beast Studios in 1/3 and something like they did with their Magneto. Imagine Galactus in this format and being true to the comics.

...shameless plug for this work of art!
That looks terrible.....seriously what’s with his abs. And 1/3??
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 11:03 PM   #552
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
That looks terrible.....seriously what’s with his abs. And 1/3??
Not a fan of how the orb effect thing looks. I wouldn't display it on a 1/6 statue, much less a 1/3.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 11:43 PM   #553
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I clearly made the mistake of posting a visual masterpiece in the the section designated for Sideshow pieces. Woops!

Just in case you might be concerned that it will take over your collection of 2 statues, here it is again.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:03 AM   #554
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I normally don't have any interest in XM but THIS could be my first. I would only get on board with this if I knew all the other mutants were being made as I have every SS X-Men...I would have to switch one scale for the other.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:23 AM   #555
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I clearly made the mistake of posting a visual masterpiece in the the section designated for Sideshow pieces. Woops!

Just in case you might be concerned that it will take over your collection of 2 statues, here it is again.

Eh, it sure does look like a Magneto. It's nice enough (like most Magneto pieces), but masterpiece is a big stretch.

I can already picture this disappearing in the jumbled mess that is Mr. X's collection.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:34 AM   #556
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I don't collect 1/3. XM and SS alternate on hits and misses to me. And Im not getting it But that Magneto is a Masterpiece.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:48 AM   #557
zeheero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
I don't collect 1/3. XM and SS alternate on hits and misses to me. And Im not getting it But that Magento is a Masterpiece.
I am trying to convince myself not to buy that statue cause I know if I buy it than I have to start collecting 1/3 X-Men pieces.
zeheero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:16 AM   #558
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

That statue could easily be a centerpiece!! I don't have the space or money for, but I wouldn't talk you or anyone out of it. I'm genuinely impressed with it. There are many statues I like or that are good, but that impress me??
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:41 AM   #559
Y3E
Gen 13

Nice pose and face on Magneto but the muscles are horrible.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:50 AM   #560
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
You clearly don’t have the ones everyone pays thousands for ...... nobody comes close to them . Keep talking
You have got to be the biggest XM fanboy! I buy the characters that interest me. Your excuse is always that I picked the wrong ones why I don’t think they are better than they are. I can only judge by what I’ve had the chance to open and display myself and it’s been underwhelming. But I don’t even go in the XM threads for
the pieces I have. It’s always people gushing over early concept art anyway. Complete disconnect, but whatever.

I’m out on this one, if they (XM) tackle it I’ll have a look but for proper scale that would probably be way more to get than I’d want to pay for the character. Your image of the bust is probably the better way to go, but I’m not such a fan that I ‘need’ a Galactus.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote