Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-21-2021, 10:33 AM   #131
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I didn't buy the SS Rogue. I think the pose is great and it's a fabulous sculpt. However, I had no desire to look at Angelina Jolie in my statue collection. I am not a fan when statues look like actors/actresses unless that is their intent with a movie/TV show statue. Piece was beautiful, just not for me.

I'm interested to see what XM comes up with, but I know that their lady portraits are still very hit/miss.
I can understand that, I usually prefer them not to look like a famous actor. But in this case I don't mind as i've had her for a long time and I don't think of Angelina Jolie.

To me the best female sculpts by XM so far were Dark Phoenix and Magik. All the rest were a miss for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Maybe they are aware of the response posted here, and possibly elsewhere. From what has been shown so far, they have not exactly smashed it out the ball park, and it fails to compare to the amazing piece from Sideshow. It's one plus point is the sculpted jacket.
Its biggest thing its all sculpted and a smaller foot print as she's not flying. Other than that I can't say its a must have (at least for me).

I'm wondering with SS not putting up Storm, and XM not putting out there XM yet, if there is a hold by marvel for some weird reason on the x-men line. Are they waiting on an x-men in the MCU announcement ?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:09 PM   #132
Demona
Martian Manhunter

XM's Storm is aces in terms of sculpt. She's got all the right proportions and her face is beautiful. Paint color choice on her hair was hit/miss as mine has way more grey in it than it should, and I'd prefer the suit to be all grey/silver. But for looks - IMO - Storm is their best female PF to date. That being said, Majik and Dark Phoenix were both leaps and bounds better than most of their portraits too.

I can't imagine there would be a hold because of MCU stuff. Why all of a sudden would Disney stop them from going forward?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:23 PM   #133
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Storm is still the best female piece they've done. Her portraits both have a lot of emotion and don't look like mannequins (unlike a lot of their female portraits) and that body is bangin'.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:50 PM   #134
Y3E
Gen 13

I think Rogue is flying, that is why her hair and bandana are blowing to her right. The face is much better than most of the female ones they have done. Storm being the best. I don't they can beat that.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:33 AM   #135
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Storm is still the best female piece they've done. Her portraits both have a lot of emotion and don't look like mannequins (unlike a lot of their female portraits) and that body is bangin'.
Agreed. It doesn't get better than Storm when it comes to XM female statues. I hope XM releases another Storm in her classic costume and its sculpted by the exact same person that did the original. I still desperately need a 1/4 Storm for my collection that ISN'T in the Lee costume.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 06:12 AM   #136
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

“𝙄 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙮'𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙥 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙢 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙣 𝙪𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙨.”.

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 06:45 AM   #137
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Omg I need to see more!

I love what's revealed so far. Day one PO with beast, bring it!
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 06:52 AM   #138
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Definite order!
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 06:59 AM   #139
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

About damn time.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 07:02 AM   #140
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Wow!! Just wow
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote