Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-23-2021, 11:41 AM   #8971
StarWarsIsGood
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
People go where the free rewards are and if they have to watch a stream and participate to get them, many will follow.
I thought you might have had actual data. My hunch is numbers have gone down, but I could be wrong.
StarWarsIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:01 PM   #8972
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Yes hemorraging, which is why they continue to give out rewards and do giveaways for $500+ statues each day.

They're doing it the way they're doing to increase their watch count on social media which is where a majority of their marketing is focused.

And to no one's surprise it's working.
half agree and half don't. I have seen ALOT of people on message boards say they are done with sideshow (no way to know how many stuck to that). Also the people I talked with that won anything like that most said it was a repaired return or at least open box. Thats not to say they couldn't sell them and get something for them still but its not like a sealed $500 statue.
Many have walked away from this due to statue prices increasing, shipping increases, sideshow increasing shipping costs to a crazy amount on some statues, and others due to getting damaged statues from sideshow and getting used more damaged ones in their place as a replacement.
That being said if sideshow wanted to stay in business due to hemorrhaging these customers they needed to find a way to get new people interested as well as regulars to buy something. I tend to agree with you here as I have a hard time believing these events don't drum up business. Getting a used/repaired statue for free I would think would also make someone feel at least some loyalty also so this is a good idea as well. Sad to see them do to their code system what they have done but in the end it is their decision.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:09 PM   #8973
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Yes hemorraging, which is why they continue to give out rewards and do giveaways for $500+ statues each day.

They're doing it the way they're doing to increase their watch count on social media which is where a majority of their marketing is focused.

And to no one's surprise it's working.
Only in comparison to how it used to be, how is the limited rewards and the odd $500+ a lot? For the previous 2 years they used to give away plenty in rewards alone plus they still did giveaways at the same time for the odd statue or figure.

Sometimes they would give out anywhere from $5 to $10 per day of an event. And given the limits were 1,000 to 2,000, let’s just say the average on a good day in rewards was $11,250! Heck you can probably half that if you want, and I think it’ll still be more than they’re giving out now.

Given how much they’re limiting the rewards at the moment, I just can’t see how it even comes close to that. I participated in all the trivia’s in the previous event and I didn’t receive any, at which point they said answering all the questions didn’t guarantee a thing, and that it was random depending on the day.

I know people hate maths, but come on.......

They can give out whatever they want, but I’m not sure anyone but their staff can lie with a straight face and say they’re giving out as much as they did previously. Heck they said they were giving out even more now.......but I’m not sure I can believe that.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:43 PM   #8974
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
They lost me when they started really ramping up their social media content. I don't watch any of their videos, and I have zero interest in trying to keep up with everything they (or their other pages) do on FB, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, or even goddamn LinkedIn. I'm sure they're raking in the views with younger collectors though. All of that nonsense just isn't for me.
I'm Totally with you, call me a Luddite, but most of the social media crap is Not for me! Too boring & too much of a time suck! I'm not slogging through it to Maybe get $2...
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:44 PM   #8975
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
half agree and half don't. I have seen ALOT of people on message boards say they are done with sideshow (no way to know how many stuck to that). Also the people I talked with that won anything like that most said it was a repaired return or at least open box. Thats not to say they couldn't sell them and get something for them still but its not like a sealed $500 statue.
Many have walked away from this due to statue prices increasing, shipping increases, sideshow increasing shipping costs to a crazy amount on some statues, and others due to getting damaged statues from sideshow and getting used more damaged ones in their place as a replacement.
That being said if sideshow wanted to stay in business due to hemorrhaging these customers they needed to find a way to get new people interested as well as regulars to buy something. I tend to agree with you here as I have a hard time believing these events don't drum up business. Getting a used/repaired statue for free I would think would also make someone feel at least some loyalty also so this is a good idea as well. Sad to see them do to their code system what they have done but in the end it is their decision.
The statue I won during 12 days of Sideshow was brand new, an IS piece, but brand new.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:46 PM   #8976
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Only in comparison to how it used to be, how is the limited rewards and the odd $500+ a lot? For the previous 2 years they used to give away plenty in rewards alone plus they still did giveaways at the same time for the odd statue or figure.

Sometimes they would give out anywhere from $5 to $10 per day of an event. And given the limits were 1,000 to 2,000, let’s just say the average on a good day in rewards was $11,250! Heck you can probably half that if you want, and I think it’ll still be more than they’re giving out now.

Given how much they’re limiting the rewards at the moment, I just can’t see how it even comes close to that. I participated in all the trivia’s in the previous event and I didn’t receive any, at which point they said answering all the questions didn’t guarantee a thing, and that it was random depending on the day.

I know people hate maths, but come on.......

They can give out whatever they want, but I’m not sure anyone but their staff can lie with a straight face and say they’re giving out as much as they did previously. Heck they said they were giving out even more now.......but I’m not sure I can believe that.
When they say that, they mean on the year. And for 2021, they had given out more during the first half of the year than they had in previous years. So even with the slow down because it's for participation it's still more than previous years.

As for the Give aways, they've given away a statue a day this Con, where they used to do mostly Hottoys.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 01:07 PM   #8977
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
When they say that, they mean on the year. And for 2021, they had given out more during the first half of the year than they had in previous years. So even with the slow down because it's for participation it's still more than previous years.

As for the Give aways, they've given away a statue a day this Con, where they used to do mostly Hottoys.
That was what I thought at the time, but it was obvious that they were trying to imply that the system that they had in place at that point in time was what resulted in the higher than usual rewards. Because of all the complaints on the stream, I can assume he was ‘attempting’ to convince the gullible among us that he was telling the absolute and honest truth.

But with the slow down I’m pretty sure that the 2021 calendar year will definitely be lower than 2020’s total. That is if they continue as they are. Even with the upgrade to statue giveaways (.....not that I cared about them myself as I was ineligible to enter).

From my records I believe in the first two events of last year they gave out about $137 in general rewards limited to 1000 to 2000 people, and in the many events in the first 6 months of this year they gave out about 50% more to about $200 I think (though a bit of that was for participation limited to less). But in the last 6 months of last year they gave out around $203, which I doubt they’ll be able to match the total redeemed by us, especially given how many I assume are being redeemed now. Though of course the rolling 12 months prior to Iron Man day was maybe the most given out ever.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:31 PM   #8978
SDguy

Thank you JediJones!!! I won $10 in door prizes thanks to you.

Since it appears the days of code drops are dead, it's nice to have the codes only thread good for something.

The link and the code to enter the game is perfect!
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:31 PM   #8979
SDguy

Double thanks
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:34 PM   #8980
off
The X-Men

Yeah, great job. Now that the cat is out of the bag, they will stop the bonus rewards at the end of trivia.
off is offline   Reply With Quote