Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #381
nearmint
Phoenix

If the repaint clearly improved on the original, I can't imagine it hurting the resale value. It would probably enhance it.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:05 PM   #382
AC_808
Hercules

In my opinion, it depends.

If the repaint is a clear improvement, then it would add to the value. If the repaint is worse than the original, the it would lower the value.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:08 PM   #383
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
If the repaint clearly improved on the original, I can't imagine it hurting the resale value. It would probably enhance it.
Agree. You really only need one person in the resale market to go "hey, that looks a lot better and now I'm willing to spend more money to get that version". The likelihood is the resale value will be higher.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:41 PM   #384
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
A good repaint would definitely increase the value.
I don’t see this as a piece where the value will keep increasing due to the fact that their is paint issues.
Fixing that issue through a good paint job will improve it.
It’s just will it catch someone’s eye that wants to pay a premium.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:47 AM   #385
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Until we hear from those who have actually gone through the process of re-paint/re-selling of a statue, it's all speculation.

I would tend to agree that "better" should translate to higher pricing in the after market, but the collecting game is finicky, so curious to know. But even if it does, does it at the very least cover the extra re-paint costs? Or does it even exceed that?

I'm aware that there are a ton of variables that can come in to play here. But a little real insight by those who lived it can maybe give us glance within the industries, & collectors stance?
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 12:02 PM   #386
AC_808
Hercules

So this is weird. SSC sent an email that said they were going to charge me on the 19th for this piece. I was thinking it was processing ....but just checked ....and no update at all. No "processing", no "preparing to ship", nothing ...status is the same as before.

Aw man ...I guess I have to wait a little longer ....
Old 11-21-2021, 12:59 PM   #387
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
So this is weird. SSC sent an email that said they were going to charge me on the 19th for this piece. I was thinking it was processing ....but just checked ....and no update at all. No "processing", no "preparing to ship", nothing ...status is the same as before.

Aw man ...I guess I have to wait a little longer ....
If you want it shipped tomorrow get in touch with them. Mines did that for a week. Said preparing to ship. When I used the chat they charged me and it shipped out the next day. But also they don’t usually work in office on the weekend so maybe tomorrow it will charge and ship.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 02:26 PM   #388
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
If you want it shipped tomorrow get in touch with them. Mines did that for a week. Said preparing to ship. When I used the chat they charged me and it shipped out the next day. But also they don?t usually work in office on the weekend so maybe tomorrow it will charge and ship.

I would understand if it was stuck on "preparing to ship" cause I've experienced that before. But this is different in that nothing happened on the 19th. Not even an attempt to charge me or anything. It's weird.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:25 PM   #389
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I showed a pic of Darkseid to Mom and she was like '' don't bring such an evil looking demon statues to our home, it will bring bad luck to us''. xD And i was like ''cık cık cık... That's not a demon, mom. That's a Dark God. There is a difference''
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 03:40 PM   #390
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I showed a pic of Darkseid to Mom and she was like '' don't bring such an evil looking demon statues to our home, it will bring bad luck to us''.
I love it. So when Darkseid arrives, will she start burning smudge throughout the house to clear negative energy?
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote