Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-03-2021, 11:45 AM   #401
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

I'll have to watch the whole video later today, the hair does look beautiful. The hairline? Not sure I will suspend my opinion until I can see all the video shots provided.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:41 PM   #402
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_FAN128 View Post
I'll have to watch the whole video later today, the hair does look beautiful. The hairline? Not sure I will suspend my opinion until I can see all the video shots provided.
Under harsh lighting and up close I'm certain the hairline could be criticized. Under normal lighting and viewing distance I'm convinced there's no issue, based on everything I've seen in videos and heard from owners of JND statues.

For those overly concerned about it, I'm more concerned about how close those individuals want to get to their collectibles. Better to stick with 1:1 scale if you have such intimate desires.

chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:57 PM   #403
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Under harsh lighting and up close I'm certain the hairline could be criticized. Under normal lighting and viewing distance I'm convinced there's no issue, based on everything I've seen in videos and heard from owners of JND statues.

For those overly concerned about it, I'm more concerned about how close those individuals want to get to their collectibles. Better to stick with 1:1 scale if you have such intimate desires.

Agreed, some of the up close pictures of Catwoman's head are larger then my actual head on my computer screen. Considering it is actually 1:3 scale they are blown up 3-4x (or more) larger than they actually are.

You are bound to find flaws at that level of magnification on any statue. Even at 3-4x it still looks pretty damned good to me and I cannot wait to get my JND Harley next year (Hopefully).
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 01:04 PM   #404
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I straight away focused on the hair line, and sure enough....the spacing between the hair implants is not to 1/3 scale.....which means there is a noticeable spacing between hairs.

And.....I don't care. I know these guys are pushing the limits of what is possible in statues (especially at this scale). I completely accept these aspects, and accept the price I'm paying. I'm completely satisfied with the piece and really see no issues.

I'm not trying to silence anyone who isn't happy, or who feel they have identified enough flaws to either justify not buying, or to cause them to regret buying. I will simply say I politely disagree.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:21 PM   #405
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

OK finally, got it watched! I may be new here but I've been collecting PVC figures for several years, I'm not a fault-finder or fault-seeker even with the cheaper stuff. However I have seen some people take extreme-ultra-close shots of the PVC scale figures and sure enough you can see various seams or plastic imperfections. Totally agree if you zoom in far enough on JND work you will see something non flattering.

I thought it was fascinating how they learned during production of projects 1-3 how to make a better starting prototype with project 4 (Catwoman).

The first thing I noticed were her lashes, amazing to see those are individually planted as well. The level of detail is insane. Plus those shoes (um.... boots), I love those heels. Zero regrets on preordering her and I can't wait to get in hand.

She is kind of meant to be displayed with her catwoman mask on, but I also really want to show off her lashes. Oh the difficult choices in life.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:47 PM   #406
ukshaun
Hercules

I searched:
제옌다이저, 셀리나카일 실제양산(샘플) 리뷰

As a statue, the piece looks great.
As a likeness, the goggles make the piece work well enough.

As a likeness, without the goggles, her mouth looks large, face gaunt.
Fantastic job with the hair. Will they all look that good? i assume so.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 04:21 PM   #407
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_FAN128 View Post
She is kind of meant to be displayed with her catwoman mask on, but I also really want to show off her lashes. Oh the difficult choices in life.
That is a difficult one. Shame to cover up such a beautifully detailed sculpt but my favorite look is with the goggles on. I don't think I'll have the nerve to alter the appearance often, once she's on display.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:10 PM   #408
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Still waiting for my Wonder Woman but wait to put these two ladies together
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 05:41 PM   #409
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I'm sorry but everyone excusing the hair line needs to realise that the rest of it looks basically perfect, therefore it's not acceptable that the hairs look like a barbie doll

Yes, from far away it isn't as noticeable, but these pieces are meant to be scrutinised as they're meant to be the best, JND is the only company that can't do rooted hair properly

Everything else looks great, let's just not be blinded by the quality of the other aspects
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 05:57 PM   #410
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I'm sorry but everyone excusing the hair line needs to realise that the rest of it looks basically perfect, therefore it's not acceptable that the hairs look like a barbie doll

Yes, from far away it isn't as noticeable, but these pieces are meant to be scrutinised as they're meant to be the best, JND is the only company that can't do rooted hair properly

Everything else looks great, let's just not be blinded by the quality of the other aspects
Or, people think differently from you. Ya know? You say people need to realize and that it's not acceptable but many of us have accepted it and aren't concerned. Also, they are far-and-away from being the only company that doesn't do perfect rooted hair.