Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-28-2022, 03:57 PM   #641
Brandon
The X-Men

Buying this piece doesn't mean you're supporting her, it's very likely that she has already been compensated for her likeness well before the statue was even made.

And even if she is cut from the sequel, she has already been a part of two major DCEU films, Aquaman and JL.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:13 PM   #642
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Buying this piece doesn't mean you're supporting her, it's very likely that she has already been compensated for her likeness well before the statue was even made.

And even if she is cut from the sequel, she has already been a part of two major DCEU films, Aquaman and JL.
Could this be the first time where we're all relieved when the likeness is really off?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:16 PM   #643
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

Unfortunately, that is the case. Yet another stain on the dc movie franchise
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:22 PM   #644
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Unfortunately, that is the case. Yet another stain on the dc movie franchise
They need to hand the keys over to James Gunn.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:34 PM   #645
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Maybe I'm reading your post wrong - but it reads like you're an Amber Heard supporter. I'm not judging you if you are by the way.....you do you....as the kids say.
I'm not a fanboy of Heard's. I'm sure she's a heinous shrew irl. But then again, a lot of popular, well-liked celebrities (not just actors/actresses) are truly awful, toxic people. At least Heard doesn't affect me or my well-being personally in any way. She has no more substance to me than a fart in the wind. I don't get why anyone would get so worked up about her- or this trial. Either pro or con.

I am of the character of Mera, though. I like the part she played in Aquaman's history, especially the 60's-70's Silver age run, and was very much looking forward to seeing a super-powered couple's relationship progress through a series of films.
I love having hints of it in the MCU with Ant-man and Wasp, but A&M's is already a more advanced one. And I thought Momoa and Heard had good chemistry together.

Almost as passionately, I hate when actors establish characters and then get recast because of totally irrelevant, outside BS.

I have no love for Heard as a person, but I've also long felt Depp was a pompous, narcissistic douchebag as well (granted, his conceptualization for Sparrow was truly inspired). His intermittent glee (see photo above) at exacting PR revenge through a highly public and highly toxic airing of grievances trial, is almost as unseemly to me as the idea of a hot chick dropping a deuce in her marital bed.

By the time the movie and statue come out, none of this should be in any way relevant- unless WB buckles and imposes changes to the film not for artistic, but for calculated PR reasons.

If I end up cancelling this, it will ultimately come down to a perception of value- or rather, lack of. I bought into the JND marketing hype. I wanted to believe they were putting out this amazing product that no one else is. I'm over that now. Queen is doing similar high quality work, at a fraction of the price - though they are almost the opposite in working the PR game, resulting in some incredibly bone headed blunders, like the recent fiascos with their edition sizes and allocating of pre-order slots.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:49 PM   #646
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I'm not a fanboy of Heard's. I'm sure she's a heinous shrew irl. But then again, a lot of popular, well-liked celebrities (not just actors/actresses) are truly awful, toxic people. At least Heard doesn't affect me or my well-being personally in any way. She has no more substance to me than a fart in the wind. I don't get why anyone would get so worked up about her and this trial, either pro or con.

I am of the character of Mera, though. I like the part she played in Aquaman's history, especially the 60's-70's Silver age run, and was very much looking forward to seeing a super-powered couple's relationship progress through a series of films.
I like having hints of it in the MCU with Ant-man and Wasp, but A&M's is already a more advanced one. And I thought Momoa and Heard had good chemistry together.

Almost as passionately, I hate when actors establish characters and then get recast because of totally irrelevant, outside BS.

I have no love for Heard as a person, but I've also long felt Depp was a pompous, narcissistic douchebag as well (His conceptualization for Sparrow was truly inspired. So much after has been the same old, same old lazy schtick). His intermittent glee (see photo above) at exacting PR revenge through a highly public and highly toxic airing of grievances trial, is almost as unseemly to me as the idea of a hot chick dropping a deuce in her marital bed.

By the time the movie and statue come out, none of this should be in any way relevant- unless WB buckles and imposes changes to the film not for artistic, but for calculated PR reasons.

If I end up cancelling this, it will ultimately come down to a perception of value- or rather, lack of. I bought into the JND marketing hype. I wanted to believe they were putting out this amazing product that no one else is. I'm over that now. Queen is doing similar high quality work, at a fraction of the price - though they are almost the opposite in working the PR game, resulting in some incredibly bone headed blunders, like the recent fiascos with their edition sizes and allocating of pre-order slots.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:57 PM   #647
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Quote:
I wanted to believe they were putting out this amazing product that no one else is. I'm over that now. Queen is doing similar high quality work, at a fraction of the price

This.

I still l say it's a great looking piece. IF enough people are desperate to unload theirs in aftermarket, you may be able to get one at a good price.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:04 PM   #648
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I agree with your entire statement.

And in all honesty, the AH trial is just the last nail in the coffin of a number of considerations - some of the key ones you've stated above.

JND products are over-hyped. I think they're great, even at their worst - but it's too easy to get caught up in the glitz and sparkles of "sold out" and "silicone" etc etc

Truth is, these are just well made mass produced products, designed by committee and produced in a low cost country to obtain fantastic margins. There's nothing romantic about it.

In the end, with that realization, as well as the toxicity of the likeness - I could'n't justify throwing good money after bad on a product I would never hold in high regard in my collection.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:28 PM   #649
pdenham
Teen Titans

Sounds like there's absolutely no chance you'll ever regret cancelling this. Losing the deposit is a one time wince inducer. Looking at the box, taking up space, knowing you had the choice to not throw good money after bad- that's the never ending ulcer. Until you can finally unload it, and as you said, this probably won't be a highly sought after piece in the after market because of what kind of person she is.

As for the JND aspect- I really think these threads need to go into the Infinity/Queen sub group.

Keeping their product segregated out here seems to psychologically confer a special status to it that is helping feed into the hype. Their product competes closely in methods, materials, and licenses with Queen and Infinity.

I don't mean to promote people choosing teams with this stuff. I just think putting things in a more proper context changes the psychology that influences our purchasing.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:35 PM   #650
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I somehow missed this bit
Witness Vapes & Starts Driving During Testimony
https://youtu.be/3l04R6SEtBY
Thanks for that...loved the judge's reaction
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote