Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-29-2022, 08:47 PM   #941
Trex
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
$407 shipping to the UK plus V A.T. Ouch!
Try toy-palace.com in Germany using the 10% discount with their Euro 25 membership. Great company.
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:02 PM   #942
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Purchased, one of those rare no brainer deals from prime1. Was going for 1/3 but with the 1/3 p2 price and so-so pose, screw them. Will just get 1/4 and save me $2k. Will wait for another 1/4 p1, i am sure someone will make a nice one sooner or later.

anyone still on the fence i suggest you get it, it's pred which always commands a premium and this p2 really has no bad inaccuracy or flaws (other than the loose decal you have to seal).

I bought the regular also, as the ex is just an extra hand holding disc that no-one in their right mind will display over the iconic spear hand.

regular is $899->$764, ex is $949->$854, which further made the decision easy. Slowboat shipping to US east coast is $87 (which is not much more expensive than what sideshow charges to ship from ca for similar box), no sales tax. Net $851 all in. Booya!
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:09 AM   #943
Blade3327
Nightwing

Still need to apply the sealer on this guy, but I couldn't wait to get the mixed media on.

I bought some flat leather cord off Etsy that was just thin enough to thread through the holes on the codpiece. Was a royal pain in the neck since the codpiece is fixed where it is, but with a sewing needle and string, I was able to get a decent result. I only threaded the front and only through the outermost holes, each side wrapping around the back and terminating in a knot between the legs. Unfortunately Prime 1 attached the bone pouch to the belt, so I had to wrap over it.

The sash was interesting. We all know the bone pouch actually hangs from knotted leather cord hanging from beneath the chest armor. According to photo reference, the leather cord is knotted around a light-colored string. I tucked one end under the chest armor in the only spot where thread could fit (the armor sits extremely close to the skin for the most part) and tucked the other end in a small space between the bone of the pouch and his waist. Not sure how long it will hold at the chest without glue, but I could thread the leather about 1 cm behind the pouch's bone and the string about an inch!

As for the back, the armor sits too close to the skin for me to "continue" the sash there. Most of it would be covered by armor anyway, unless it sits above the armor in the back and then tucks under at his neck? Eh, it's a weird design.

Not touching the cord around his belt again, but I might experiment with the chest sash some more. Maybe see if I can cut the leather cord lengthwise so it's half the width, that ought to make the knots look more to scale.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 05:52 AM   #944
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Still need to apply the sealer on this guy, but I couldn't wait to get the mixed media on.

I bought some flat leather cord off Etsy that was just thin enough to thread through the holes on the codpiece. Was a royal pain in the neck since the codpiece is fixed where it is, but with a sewing needle and string, I was able to get a decent result. etc
Nice work. Like the straps around waist.
Chest sash looks a bit thick indeed.

Your replacement statue looks very good tbh. The colors on the thighs are lighter than mine (less blackwash over the red).

Btw.: I always looked at the sharp angled bone as a Boomerang weapon. Curious do other collectors think (know for fact) this is only intended as decoration with pred2 ?
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 07:09 PM   #945
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Your replacement statue looks very good tbh. The colors on the thighs are lighter than mine (less blackwash over the red).
It's been a lot of paint work to blend the factory's hand-done "corrective" paint with the decals, but I can finally look at the statue without feeling regret. Helps to know some of its issues are unavoidable, so any copy would have eventually required a bit of love.

Quote:
Btw.: I always looked at the sharp angled bone as a Boomerang weapon. Curious do other collectors think (know for fact) this is only intended as decoration with pred2 ?
I always imagined the pouch hung from the bone and the bone hung from the sash, that way the bone could provide rigidity and prevent the pouch from bunching up like a sack of candy. It's difficult indeed to tell what's going on.

Don't want to take anything away from Stan Winston and his talented team, but I do wonder if some of these design choices were made on the fly and we collectors are putting in a disproportionate amount of time trying to rationalize how they work.

Went ahead and improved the cord.

Cut the leather cord along the length. This time I used a single long strip, equal in length to the string, and tied smaller strips of leather along it to create the knots. I also taped the cord and string together at each end, making it easier to tuck into the armor and preventing the ends from fraying or bending.

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:56 PM   #946
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sorry I wasn't around to answer some of your questions on the sealer, but if anyone needs anything, just let me know. It's a pretty straightforward thing though and I'm no expert, but I've now done both my SS P1 Maquette and this Prime 1 City Hunter and they both came out awesome.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:36 AM   #947
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Sorry I wasn't around to answer some of your questions on the sealer, but if anyone needs anything, just let me know. It's a pretty straightforward thing though and I'm no expert, but I've now done both my SS P1 Maquette and this Prime 1 City Hunter and they both came out awesome.
Hi, I just seen your pictures with the gloss applied. Nice work, didn't think that was possible with the tight netting.

Did you fully re-gloss the unmasked head as well? Including inner mouth, teeth and mandible fangs?

My unmasked head was already more gloss by it self than the body.
Old 05-05-2022, 11:51 AM   #948
Halcyon
Loki

Cool

Vile Guile and Csutkakoma, did you guys in mean time applied gloss to this statue?

When one or two more ppl with very good result, I will do mine too.
Old 05-05-2022, 01:42 PM   #949
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Hi, I just seen your pictures with the gloss applied. Nice work, didn't think that was possible with the tight netting.

Did you fully re-gloss the unmasked head as well? Including inner mouth, teeth and mandible fangs?

My unmasked head was already more gloss by it self than the body.
Yes I did gloss the unmasked head. Someone posted a link back in the thread all my pics of my work from the CF forum. You can see the head in good photos there. Everything but the dreads was done.. I can't remember if I did the mandible fangs or not as they might already have had gloss on them, but I might have. Not sure.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 03:28 PM   #950
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Quote:
Vile Guile and Csutkakoma, did you guys in mean time applied gloss to this statue?

When one or two more ppl with very good result, I will do mine too.
I am gonna start mine tommorow. I will let you know how will it turn out.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote