Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-06-2023, 11:17 AM   #4551
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Overall I would say it's a great piece, though I wouldn't be surprised if more people have a similar type of break. The legs have some foam seran wrapped veryyy tightly at the knee. Which means that if they bump into something in shipping, there's more pressure on the boot lip. Probably not the best way to do it, but I'm sure they had their reasons. I think if this wasn't shipped wrapped so tightly there, it probably wouldn't have broken.

I hope people don't take this as me saying the statue is bad. I still stand this is probably one of the greatest statues in this hobby, ever.
tyrannomauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 11:20 AM   #4552
qz33
Baron Zemo

^ Breaks happen. We've all been there. Just worse with such a substantial financial investment. I'm sure when all is said and done yours will look as good as any others.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 11:22 AM   #4553
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Yeah people are just on edge because of how much they charge for the statue and the shipping.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 11:55 AM   #4554
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannomauris View Post
Hey guys so here are some pics of the statue, and some pics of the parts that were damaged in shipping.

I got in contact with P1 about the damage and they gave me some options. I wanted to see what you guys think.

"a. request a replacement torso + lower body(8-14 weeks). As you might already know, every statue is individually made, cast, and fitted, so there could be fitting issues with the rest of the statue. Hence some additional sanding or otherwise might be required on your side. Since in your case, it is the entire body that was damaged, the fitment issue could be prominent, which means the replacement body might not be able to sit flush on the base.

Please also note that AFTER we have prepared the replacement shipment, we would also need you to fully destroy the old ones and send us the images of destruction for verification before we can ship you the replacement part, therefore please do NOT throw away anything at this moment.

b. glue them back. We understand you are not required to do this. And if you do choose to repair it, we will compensate you with $70 USD in Reward Points for both the upper and lower body."

What do you guys think? I included a picture of the leg after I tried to fix it. Thats only the first pass, I also have fine detailing tools/paints that will make it seamless even under closer zoom. (Physical/Digital 3D artist by trade) I believe I can re-sculpt the wrist gauntlet portion and match the color.

Their warning of replacement parts not fitting is a bit worrisome, (Mostly with the feet). However $70 bucks seems pretty measly after dropping 3k on this guy and 1.7k in shipping.

I feel like I can repair it unnoticeably, but the thought of having a less than "pristine" statue is annoying when spending this much money. There is also no guarantee that the replacement parts would be without issues of their own.
I rather take $70 and fix it by myself. I have painting skills. I fixed lots of statues back in the day. Not anymore more due to crazy shipping fees etc.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:06 PM   #4555
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

this is a ton of money you spent of in this if you actually paid $2000 in shipping fees.i understand you are upset by the minor damage for such an expensive piece.

The only thing i found upsetting was instead of taking badass pictures highlighting it's awesomeness, the first 4 pictures you posted are these:

all of this is very minor. if you can fix it with minimal effort i think it's minor. I know we shouldn't have to fix something that cost $5000 all in, but nothing is perfect. early in my collectible journey, if something wasn't FLAWLESS i considered it tainted and it drove me nuts because it is NOT MINT, and you know...us collectors ALWAYS need the BEST OF THE BEST and everything has to be MINT. You can repair all of this with little to no skills and the piece will be Near Mint - MINT in less than an hour.

some modeling skills are very important in this hobby. the skills are developed with experience, it's not rocket science. it's pretty easy stuff, especially doing repairs. we can help walk you through the process to get this back to mint. it would make you appreciate this piece more if you repair and learn a new skill along the way.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:09 PM   #4556
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
this is a ton of money you spent of in this if you actually paid $2000 in shipping fees.i understand you are upset by the minor damage for such an expensive piece.

The only thing i found upsetting was instead of taking badass pictures highlighting it's awesomeness, the first 4 pictures you posted are these:

all of this is very minor. if you can fix it with minimal effort i think it's minor. I know we shouldn't have to fix something that cost $5000 all in, but nothing is perfect. early in my collectible journey, if something wasn't FLAWLESS i considered it tainted and it drove me nuts because it is NOT MINT, and you know...us collectors ALWAYS need the BEST OF THE BEST and everything has to be MINT. You can repair all of this with little to no skills and the piece will be Near Mint - MINT in less than an hour.

I appreciate your comment man, thank you. I posted a few good shots, but tbh I was exhausted from work and promised I'd post a few pics at least. I definitely want to share some better pictures this weekend when I have time to do a proper photoshoot. The truth is this statue is glorious lol. Absolutely imposing too.
tyrannomauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:26 PM   #4557
Blade3327
Nightwing

I'd only send it back for a full refund if I ordered from a distributor, but recourse is limited when ordering from Prime 1 direct. In this particular case, the idea is really to preserve your mental health.

Can't wait to see more pics. Breakages aside, your statue looks fantastic. Absolutely dwarfs the Rotunda Rex!
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:45 PM   #4558
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Heard plenty about P1 CS.
That's why I was happy to order from a reseller and wait a couple of months longer. Not only was it cheaper, than direct, but they care about making the customer happy more than the manufacturer.

Had an issue with an IA 1:2 Iron Man years ago and although they, reseller, had a nightmare dealing with IA I eventually received a full refund.
Rather them do the running than me.

Too late for you but I hope you can get a better partial refund and fix it to a condition you're happy with.

Good luck!
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 03:32 PM   #4559
Blade3327
Nightwing

A new unboxing video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d33sO6QAECY

Don't think any videos or photos have given me as much second-hand excitement as this one.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 04:51 PM   #4560
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Looks sick man.

And the upper Bart of the tree doesn’t looks bad at all. It supposed to simulate a dead tree stump so it’s kinda of suppose to have that rotted discoloration to it.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote