Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-26-2023, 04:46 AM   #4961
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Agree. With so many parts and the size, a lot could have gone wrong. Roscoes review said he could see scuffs, blemishes and scratches on his, but I could barely see any on mine, even with a flashlight. Think the biggest hurdle for many are getting those legs in, and once in, I wonder how easy they are to get back out.

That said, I am glad prime did two pegs with one massive sized bolt, with it's top heavy weight it's better to be safe than sorry!
I really hope taking this apart and legs off will be safe because I have to move in November, so between now and then I can enjoy this piece however the move is daunting
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 04:32 PM   #4962
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
I really hope taking this apart and legs off will be safe because I have to move in November, so between now and then I can enjoy this piece however the move is daunting
Removing should, in theory, be easier than installing. I'd go very slowly and follow the same angle for entry when exiting. But still be cautious as this statue can be tricky.

Most parts I wouldn't even put back in the foam box as the total weight is so heavy to move in one go, e.g the base, you could bubble wrap that and place it back of car seat alone. Buy 10x $1 strong green recycled materials bags and place bubble wrapped hands, blades, canon and other small parts. Another bag for each head, a bag for head stands. Leg and torso could go back in box or again bubble wrap the hell out of it and place separately in each bag. Tie all bags up tight and place in a way that restricts movement (or put thick cloth in between them). It sounds super manual but I'd wager it'd offer maximum protection when you move and your only doing it once, so go all out on safety.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 08:27 PM   #4963
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
not trying to scare you, but I had some problems disassembling and moving my Batman Batcave after he was in one place for a little over a year.

The Torso would not separate from the legs!!! I'm sure it would eventually, if i had two people...one holding the legs as i tried to remove and lift the torso. The torso with the cape is so damn heavy it just locked into place with the legs. never seen something like this before. I didn't want to possibly break the long, flowy heavy cape so i just took him off the base all assembled

just go slow and if you run into a problem wait until you have two sets of hands.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 08:50 PM   #4964
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
My initial impressions (before production) were they would pair ok, but after seeing some videos with them next to each other, it doesn't pair too well. The alien looks like a midget next to the 1/3. Also doesn't quite pair up with the 1/4 JH, alien looks too big. The only thing that the chap matches well with (in terms of scale) is the CM pred.
I think it pairs great with the 1/4 jungle hunter.

I always think of the big chap being a bit? well big. Lol

New 1/3 pred towers over BC.

All great statues though
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:47 PM   #4965
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
I think it pairs great with the 1/4 jungle hunter.

I always think of the big chap being a bit? well big. Lol

New 1/3 pred towers over BC.

All great statues though
It's not perfect but better than the 1/3 JH pairing. Can get away with them being adjacent, neither piece overpowers the other. The big chap is such a beautiful statue, only thing really missing in my collection.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:53 PM   #4966
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Removing should, in theory, be easier than installing. I'd go very slowly and follow the same angle for entry when exiting. But still be cautious as this statue can be tricky.

In my experience disassembly is way more dangerous. Takes a lot of force to overcome the inertia to remove pieces with super strong magnets or tight pins/slots.
And when you do get it comes loose way faster and in directions other than expected and can scrape other parts or get out of your hands.

I've put plastic wrap between some pieces before if I knew I would be disassembling the statue soon.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:08 PM   #4967
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
In my experience disassembly is way more dangerous. Takes a lot of force to overcome the inertia to remove pieces with super strong magnets or tight pins/slots.
And when you do get it comes loose way faster and in directions other than expected and can scrape other parts or get out of your hands.

I've put plastic wrap between some pieces before if I knew I would be disassembling the statue soon.
100% agree, especially with an extremely heavy piece. I may be moving this year, so when I get mine, I will most likely be inspecting and re boxing him up.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:23 PM   #4968
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

True, without steady hands and controlled strength it can be a disaster if rushed. The legs could be quite tough, not easy to get in, likely to be hard to get out, probably best to get another person to help hold down the base or provide support when lifting it off the base.
Old 01-27-2023, 12:03 AM   #4969
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
It's not perfect but better than the 1/3 JH pairing. Can get away with them being adjacent, neither piece overpowers the other. The big chap is such a beautiful statue, only thing really missing in my collection.
Get the new one with the simple base? I honestly wanted a base like that from day 1, I know people love wall but this new version has only 1 box instead of 2, cheaper retail price, simple base that doesn't wash out big chap, revised bust stand design so it doesn't topple over, revised shipping/packaging to reduce breaks (apparently) and possible improvements to the Alien production itself according Prime 1
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 12:20 AM   #4970
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Get the new one with the simple base? I honestly wanted a base like that from day 1, I know people love wall but this new version has only 1 box instead of 2, cheaper retail price, simple base that doesn't wash out big chap, revised bust stand design so it doesn't topple over, revised shipping/packaging to reduce breaks (apparently) and possible improvements to the Alien production itself according Prime 1
I would if I could but misses won't allow it (was lucky enough to 'get away' with the pred). Also real estate constraint, this is the biggest killer of them all.