Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-30-2023, 08:45 PM   #111
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Very low ES on these, is this Queen being cautious due to the current economy? I hear and see a lot of preorders getting cancelled at the moment.
They know better than us, how well their previous busts are currently doing. Possibly those previous releases haven’t been too much in demand? I’ve got many of them on preorder, but I’m an outlier.

Even though I’m fine financially, I’m looking to cancel a dozen or so orders with Popcultcha (and I still have dozens more there and elsewhere). Mainly Hot Toys figures, which don’t look all that good, or are duplicates of statues I’ve been ordering since then.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:42 PM   #112
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

The ES is low and I know it will sell out, but wow, I guess I have been out of the loop how insane these prices are. $4k+ for a non-custom silicone bust. To think prices will only continue to go up makes me really wonder how long they can keep going with these. I think the T-800 was $2800 with light up just a few years ago?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:31 AM   #113
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
The ES is low and I know it will sell out, but wow, I guess I have been out of the loop how insane these prices are. $4k+ for a non-custom silicone bust. To think prices will only continue to go up makes me really wonder how long they can keep going with these. I think the T-800 was $2800 with light up just a few years ago?
IT was, I got it for 2700 usd. This is a full 1100 more and almost a 1000 more than the full arm infinity studio one. Mind you queen does much better with hair, the infinity is a bad mullet that needs major restyling, which i can do no problem, but most people are too afraid to screw up thier bust and rightfully so.

ALMOST 4000 for a BUST, so the new infinity studio ZACK SNYDER JUSTICE LEAGUE bust will definitely be around 4500 or more. BUT that is not the biggest problem, these are still very cheap busts, compared to custom elite artist busts who use the best materials and custom to your liking. The biggest problem and will continue to get worse is the damn shipping. SHIPPING is double if not more than it was 3 years ago. ALMOST a 1000usd to ship an infinity studio bust in the usa or canada. THAT IS NUTS, and that alone is making people not afford the hobby, but the rising cost on everything has made me rethink my whole collection which has been stagnant for the last 4 years due to personal problems and lack of interest do to stress and anxiety of worse issues.

I can not even find joy in the hobby anymore plus i have ran out of room, so i avoid my basement now, which i have never even shown, its a cluttered mess, but i dont have it in me to deal with. When I first got things in mail, I had to open at work, even if I had to take a pay cut, now, I have things in boxes from 4 years ago still not even opened.............I hope something in this life changes for me and alot of other people.......
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:36 AM   #114
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
It's strange that the bust has a black outline around the collar and chest emblem...the suit in Man Of Steel doesn't have that, the outlines are blue. But aside from that and the creepy baby, looks pretty good!
Not to mention the logo is WAY TO SMALL. SO they color should be blue and the log much bigger, meaning they would have to upsize the size of the torso to accommodate if they plan to fix it. We will see if they listen.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 08:57 AM   #115
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
THAT IS NUTS, and that alone is making people not afford the hobby, but the rising cost on everything has made me rethink my whole collection which has been stagnant for the last 4 years due to personal problems and lack of interest do to stress and anxiety of worse issues.

I can not even find joy in the hobby anymore plus i have ran out of room, so i avoid my basement now, which i have never even shown, its a cluttered mess, but i dont have it in me to deal with. When I first got things in mail, I had to open at work, even if I had to take a pay cut, now, I have things in boxes from 4 years ago still not even opened.............I hope something in this life changes for me and alot of other people.......
Yep, there it is.....I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people can empathize with your words - I know I can.

If I'm honest, for me, the "joy" of this hobby died a good few years ago, but I was in far too deep (emotionally and financially) to admit it to myself.

Now I fight an internal battle, even with the pieces that interest me, whether it makes sense to buy or not. I've got some pre-orders open - and I know I want those pieces, but I'm actively dissuading myself from adding anymore to my list. On the flip side, I'm actively seeking out other hobbies that (I hope) bring more excitement, value for money, personal growth and fulfilment.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 10:18 AM   #116
Underoos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I don't know why you're surprised. At least the last four silicone busts have actually had higher deposits percentagewise.

Heck I looked at their last two years worth of releases of every scale they produce and the bulk of them have larger deposits too!
Yeah I suppose "couldn't believe" was hyperbole. I believe it, it's just crazy to think that we're at a point where the NRD is as much as a 1/3 (or 1/4 given the forever rising prices).

As much as I enjoy Queen's busts, between the space and cost I don't think I'll be preordering more.
Underoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 02:26 PM   #117
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

It’s up on Spec. Very pricey deposit, $1250.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 03:21 PM   #118
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Well here's the first bust I've seen sold from Sugo that doesn't have free domestic shipping. I live 15 minutes away, so not a big problem for me, except that my current vehicle can't fit Queen's giant boxes. However, Sugo has long offered me a $50 AUD discount for big ticket items if I chose to pick up from their warehouse, but I never took them up on the offer.

But the Aussie dollar cost of $5,300 AUD isn't too bad at all. That price already includes our 10% sales tax, and $3,869USD/0.705=$5,488AUD. I'm currently 50/50 on getting this, and knowing I can get it below retail even after shipping (if/any), is enticing.

Note also from Sugo I preordered Spidey for $5,300 AUD, Loki for $6,700 AUD, Doctor Strange for $6,400 AUD, Cap for $5,800 AUD & Thor for $6,100 AUD. So in comparison this almost seems like a steel. Though a slightly higher exchange rate probably helps.

Queen Studios DC Superman Red/Blue Suit 1/1 Life Size Bust [Free Shipping Not Eligible]
AUD$5499.95 AUD$5299.95 (Pay a deposit of AUD$2000.00 per item and the rest upon arrival)
LIMITED TIME OFFER ENDS 21 Feb 2023
ETA: Q4 2023
Earn 10599 Sugoi Points (worth AUD$132.50)
AU Domestic Shipping Cost (AUD):
NSW: $50-$100
VIC: $100-$200
SA, QLD: $100-$250
WA, NT, TAS: $150-$300

Other Countries: Contact For Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 04:40 PM   #119
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I'm shocked. It's an armless life-size bust with not a whole lot of torso and it's 4 grand.

I would expect something of this level to be quite a bit cheaper than the Prime 1 1/3 Predator.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 04:57 PM   #120
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I'm shocked. It's an armless life-size bust with not a whole lot of torso and it's 4 grand.

I would expect something of this level to be quite a bit cheaper than the Prime 1 1/3 Predator.
Unfortunately this has become the price of these things. If I get this, it'll actually cost me less than my previous four Queen studio busts. All of which, except for Cap are similar sized.

Though if I wanted, I could buy the Infinity Superman bust for $300 AUD less, and it's in stock now! The main reason I don't is my lack of space to display it, or store the 3 giant boxes.