Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-04-2023, 12:41 PM   #81
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullscale_PCS View Post
We submitted an awesome open mouth portrait that had her fangs and actual open mouth well represented. They didn't like that and requested a smiling, closed teeth rendition. They still didn't approve that but said they might with some paint revisions that we then submitted, as well as a request for the original sculpt to be reviewed for approval (because it was FAR better in every way) and we didn't hear back in time for launch. We are still hoping for an approval so we can add a head, but WB and NRS are not cooperating with the timelines.

All that said, if Jade and Mileena and Kitana (Kiana is in paint right now) don't pick up on sales, we won't continue this line at all right now. The juice is just not worth the squeeze.
Why offer characters that have been made in the past?
..why not offer Sonya Blade Classic?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:50 PM   #82
Biggunz
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

These are cool but the price just seems way too much for what it is. Prime 1 poison IV is $194 more. Should probably be retailing about $950 maybe $850.

Also the should revisit raiden to do 1\3 mk2.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 02:13 PM   #83
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
We submitted an awesome open mouth portrait that had her fangs and actual open mouth well represented. They didn't like that and requested a smiling, closed teeth rendition. They still didn't approve that but said they might with some paint revisions that we then submitted, as well as a request for the original sculpt to be reviewed for approval (because it was FAR better in every way) and we didn't hear back in time for launch. We are still hoping for an approval so we can add a head, but WB and NRS are not cooperating with the timelines.

All that said, if Jade and Mileena and Kitana (Kiana is in paint right now) don't pick up on sales, we won't continue this line at all right now. The juice is just not worth the squeeze.
Thanks for sharing this information, we greatly appreciate it.

Overall, all three of these statues look great. But at these prices any small slip up will ruin a sale. This portrait situation isn't PCS's fault, but sadly you guys will take the hit for it.

Between this and hearing all of the other problems PCS has had to deal with concerning this license over the past few years... it probably would be better for everyone to pause this line after Kitana. If the licensors weren't amazed by that first unmasked open mouth Mileena portrait, they are really out of touch and this partnership is doomed from the get go. Save yourself the stress and potential heart attack or stroke. Focus that time, money, and attention on a license that actually wants great collectibles made.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 02:22 PM   #84
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post

Between this and hearing all of the other problems PCS has had to deal with concerning this license over the past few years...
I've talked to several different statue companies that all say the same, licensing is the hardest part of the business. So much red tape, so many delays.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 03:15 PM   #85
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

since its inception PCS is known for its 1/4 muscle sculpts and they done it really well. I am never a big fan of their other releases including most of the female characters that are not muscular (there are few exceptions) and marvel stuff, they all look very generic and boring.

This statue is no exception, at 1k+ and 1/3 scale, it really needs to knock it out of the park instead of another generic boring pose/sculpt/paint. Look at what prime1 and others are doing at 1/3 at 1k+, how do you compete like this....We are not in early 2000s anymore.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 04:33 PM   #86
Straken-SWE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Thanks for sharing this information, we greatly appreciate it.

Overall, all three of these statues look great. But at these prices any small slip up will ruin a sale. This portrait situation isn't PCS's fault, but sadly you guys will take the hit for it.

Between this and hearing all of the other problems PCS has had to deal with concerning this license over the past few years... it probably would be better for everyone to pause this line after Kitana. If the licensors weren't amazed by that first unmasked open mouth Mileena portrait, they are really out of touch and this partnership is doomed from the get go. Save yourself the stress and potential heart attack or stroke. Focus that time, money, and attention on a license that actually wants great collectibles made.

And on the positive: if it where to be cancelled it will be after Kitana

@Fullscale_PCS Thanks for sharing what you can with us
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 05:04 PM   #87
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:

Thank you for this peak behind the curtain - so to speak.

I wish more companies were open about the process behind getting us our polystone crack. I speak for myself, but I'm sure I'm not alone, in thinking that that so much of the relationship between the producers and the customer base could be improved if we had a greater understanding of the whole process from cradle to grave.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 06:22 PM   #88
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Thank you for this peak behind the curtain - so to speak.

I wish more companies were open about the process behind getting us our polystone crack. I speak for myself, but I'm sure I'm not alone, in thinking that that so much of the relationship between the producers and the customer base could be improved if we had a greater understanding of the whole process from cradle to grave.
Agreed, it's always nice to get some legit inside information on the interplay between the creative and licensing aspects of the process, because we're often speculating on such things anyway, so thank you Fullscale_PCS for being candid
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 07:38 PM   #89
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Why offer characters that have been made in the past?
..why not offer Sonya Blade Classic?
Because Jade was never released in the original trio and we wanted to release Jade. But to entice people to collect Jade we also wanted to release Kitana and Mileena as a version 2.0 for those that didn't get her in the third scale release the first time around. They're also just favorites of our production team. This keeps the original third scale releases collectible and gives everyone the option to have the trio in their collection.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 07:40 PM   #90
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
since its inception PCS is known for its 1/4 muscle sculpts and they done it really well. I am never a big fan of their other releases including most of the female characters that are not muscular (there are few exceptions) and marvel stuff, they all look very generic and boring.

This statue is no exception, at 1k+ and 1/3 scale, it really needs to knock it out of the park instead of another generic boring pose/sculpt/paint. Look at what prime1 and others are doing at 1/3 at 1k+, how do you compete like this....We are not in early 2000s anymore.
We're not that version of PCS anymore and we're not going to have just one major strength like that. Those are all Jerry sculpts and they are great for what they are. We can still do exaggerated muscle bound characters like that but we're going to do so much more. Even this Mortal Kombat line is made to be kind of legacy looking so that we can satisfy those that already have a lot of the Mortal Kombat line. That way these will match.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote