Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 12-25-2023, 12:54 AM   #651
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
We did a Punisher, not sure we'd do another one. No guns makes him a lot less appealing as a subject.

https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/pu...llery-diorama/
no guns? this a marvel or dst decision? Either way....wow.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 03:24 PM   #652
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
no guns? this a marvel or dst decision? Either way....wow.
Marvel of course, DC has the same stupid rules. Consider yourself lucky they allowed his skull.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 04:34 PM   #653
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Marvel of course, DC has the same stupid rules. Consider yourself lucky they allowed his skull.
Wow, I knew the idiots were running Hollywood but I didn?t realize they had gotten to this point.
Old 12-25-2023, 11:24 PM   #654
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Any potential for the companies to consider losing the skull seems more likely to be caused by the terrible people trying to usurp it as a symbol for despicably hateful/racist messaging, not just a move away from general violence by Marvel/DC, which I can't blame them for at all if they leaned that way.

Additionally, with the senseless gun violence in the US far surpassing epidemic levels, if there is actually an edict at Marvel for this (which sounds pretty far fetched given all the characters that use guns that still are portrayed with them, and the fact he still has his holster etc.) I can't blame the companies too much for kowtowing to pressure to limit their depiction, if that were to be the case, either.

While it may be iconic for Punisher, he, his logo, and his branding in general has been coopted by the lowest of the low amongst the human race, so I can't be mad at Marvel/Disney for whatever choices they make for his licensing, and any alterations they chose therein.

However, isn't that a freaking pistol grip shotgun strapped to his back? So, that feels like it makes any arguments about this being subject to "stupid rules" to be moot, no?

Maybe I misunderstand and what's been discussed is about future figures, not this one perhaps.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 11:40 PM   #655
extracomputer.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Any potential for the companies to consider losing the skull seems more likely to be caused by the terrible people trying to usurp it as a symbol for despicably hateful/racist messaging, not just a move away from general violence by Marvel/DC, which I can't blame them for at all if they leaned that way.

Additionally, with the senseless gun violence in the US far surpassing epidemic levels, if there is actually an edict at Marvel for this (which sounds pretty far fetched given all the characters that use guns that still are portrayed with them, and the fact he still has his holster etc.) I can't blame the companies too much for kowtowing to pressure to limit their depiction, if that were to be the case, either.

While it may be iconic for Punisher, he, his logo, and his branding in general has been coopted by the lowest of the low amongst the human race, so I can't be mad at Marvel/Disney for whatever choices they make for his licensing, and any alterations they chose therein.

However, isn't that a freaking pistol grip shotgun strapped to his back? So, that feels like it makes any arguments about this being subject to "stupid rules" to be moot, no?

Maybe I misunderstand and what's been discussed is about future figures, not this one perhaps.
This is an old one before that was in place . I will stick with marvel/disney being morons.
Old 12-26-2023, 12:05 AM   #656
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:

while i disagree with the majority of the other stuff you said, you are correct sir and after examining him from a couple different angles he does have his guns, so i stand 100% corrected. i've just seen so many ridiculous mandates when it comes to guns on comic figures lately i just foolishly assumed without inspecting.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 01:00 AM   #657
extracomputer.1

Quote:
while i disagree with the majority of the other stuff you said, you are correct sir and after examining him from a couple different angles he does have his guns, so i stand 100% corrected. i've just seen so many ridiculous mandates when it comes to guns on comic figures lately i just foolishly assumed without inspecting.
Actually you were correct. Zac the rep alluded to they couldn?t do him with guns anymore so they wouldn?t likely revisit him. This is an older one. So your original comment was correct.
Old 12-26-2023, 01:46 AM   #658
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
While it may be iconic for Punisher, he, his logo, and his branding in general has been coopted by the lowest of the low amongst the human race
And that's why I wish Marvel would simply reject that co-opting as complete and utter nonsense and continue using it with the character. The Punisher skull symbol has been iconic for decades and is way more recognizable as that of Frank Castle than some tiny group of pathetic dipsh!t racist a-holes. They shouldn't be giving them the time of day by even considering changing the Punisher symbol.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 08:18 PM   #659
spriggan
The Spirit

Quote:
Rogue got here, and her box is needlessly gigantic. I really wish some of these, especially PVC items, had more space, and material, saving boxes and plastic inserts. I'm so far past being out of space for boxes it's crazy, I don't need to add one this big for a relatively small statue.
Do you have in hand pictures that you can share?
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 01:23 AM   #660
spriggan
The Spirit

Hi Zach,

When will Magneto Gallery diorama hit the store?
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote