Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-20-2024, 07:08 PM   #41
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Sure. But without the wing, it was kind of a downgrade from the 1/4 scale. It?s almost like they impeded it?s chances for success right out of the gate. And with a less popular character at 1/3 scale, it wasn?t a total surprise when they cancelled it. It was similar to that old saying, Ex or bust.

Though not exactly the same, it?s kind of like the Fastball Special from Sideshow that I preordered. I really wish the 1/4 scale had included the comic backdrop, like the smaller 1/5 scale. So much so, I almost didn?t order it.
The wing would have increased the price quite a bit I imagine, probably why they chose not to do it.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 07:15 PM   #42
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The wing would have increased the price quite a bit I imagine, probably why they chose not to do it.
I’m sure price, shipping and engineering were all reasons why they chose not to do it.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 12:31 AM   #43
Spideristic
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I do have some other poises I'd prefer him in but it's still great.
Yeah I think the pose is great, but the following poses would have also worked for me.

I love the iconic bullet stopping scene in the end but I don't want that pose in a statue form.

1) Neo's first firing scene in the lobby, cross armed pose with MP5Ks.

2) Crouching against the lobby pillar and looking sideways with his Skorpions.

3) Crouching while facing front and head slightly tilted down.

4) Firing with the Skorpions

5) Doing the cartwheel while firing with the M16.

6) On the roof and firing with the Berettas.

7) Dodging bullets. N2 Toys in 2000 had made a Neo figure with the bullet time effect as part of the packaging. Would be cool to see this pose recreated in statue form too.

Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 12:31 AM   #44
Spideristic
Kingpin

8) Firing with the rotary machine gun. This would make a cool diorama with several bullet shells connected to create the effect of dropping down.

9) Fight with Agent Smith

10) Dojo fight scene. This could be a single statue or diorama with Morpheus.

I would buy statues of Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, Agent Smith, Switch in the slick white costume, and the Woman in the Red Dress even though she appeared for few seconds but was so memorable and gorgeous. Heck I would be happy to have all these characters in 1:6 scale, but that may likely result in the likeness details being compromised, even though there are great sculpts done in 1:6 these days. Tank with his multiple computer monitors diorama evoking the cyberpunk aesthetic would be cool too. Well I can dream.

N2 Toys had teased a figure of The Woman in the Red Dress for their Series 3, but the line was canceled before it went into production.

Old 04-21-2024, 12:35 AM   #45
Spideristic
Kingpin

I wonder who decides the scale license exclusivity.

Is it the statue company who opts to get an exclusive scale license so they don't face competition or its the studio who opts to grant one scale to each company, so the companies don't step on each other.

I understand these things will vary on a case by case basis, but seems like some movie studios won't really care how it plays out for the statues companies as long as they get the licensing fee.

e.g: Robocop 1:4 scale license was granted to 4 companies in the span of couple of years.

I guess the movie studio's attitude is "Let them fight". And eventually the product quality and collector demand will decide who stands tall and benefits overall in terms of sales.

Production photos of Neo 1:4 statue (with Reloaded costume) by Darkside Collectibles looks good and the base with Matrix digital rain light up feature looks great. Fans who want Neo with Reloaded costume probably won't get another statue anytime soon. Not sure if they will do a Trinity statue and I feel they don't have a 1:4 scale exclusive license.

Prime 1 Studio will probably do a Trinity. I doubt they will go beyond that. But I think if they offer the statue also in 1:4, it would be accessible to more collectors with a slightly higher edition size.

I am guessing the 1:3 statue might have an edition size of 500 priced at $1300, while a 1:4 statue with 800 or 1000 ES might be about $1000, though I hope it's around $800 instead.
Old 04-21-2024, 12:59 AM   #46
Blade3327
Nightwing

Cartwheel with the M16 would've made for a very unique statue, especially in this scale. But the pose they ended up with is quite versatile. You can recreate his landing after the triple kick, the moment he's about to face Smith in the subway, the movie poster with the close-up looking over his shoulder, or the DVD cover (assuming they include an M16 for his right hand).
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:30 AM   #47
Spideristic
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
But the pose they ended up with is quite versatile. You can recreate his landing after the triple kick
Yep and I didn't even think of that. With the glasses and without the weapons, his current stance will resemble that pose.

The overall pose seems so simple yet feels dynamic at times. Hats off to the Art Director, which I presume is K.A. Kim who has done most of the stellar pieces at Blitzway including lot of the head sculpts.
Old 04-21-2024, 06:36 AM   #48
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 10:44 AM   #49
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Can't wait for this one!
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 11:04 AM   #50
Blade3327
Nightwing

Looks like the micro-Uzis in that picture. Guess he'll have more guns than the video showed!
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote