Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-20-2024, 01:36 PM   #441
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Don't quote me, but I believe the regular will include the Alex Ross portrait on the far left, the premiere will add the two in the middle, and the ultimate adds the one on the right.

Do you know about which version gets what weapons too? The Alex Ross one on the far left is my second favorite after the George Perez one.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 02:07 PM   #442
nearmint
Phoenix

I would think you'd get the sword with the regular, and we know the hands holding the lasso are added with the 2nd torso in the premiere version. The only thing we don't know is what versions will include he spear.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 02:10 PM   #443
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Someone just posted this on Facebook.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1716228553059.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	170591  
Old 05-20-2024, 02:11 PM   #444
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Don't quote me, but I believe the regular will include the Alex Ross portrait on the far left, the premiere will add the two in the middle, and the ultimate adds the one on the right.

Quoted.

I'd be fine with that and the regular assuming it keeps price in check.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 02:19 PM   #445
nearmint
Phoenix

That portrait looks pretty darn good painted up.
Old 05-20-2024, 02:20 PM   #446
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think it looks great. Guess I?ll have to see the options because I might just get the regular without the neck choker.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 03:47 PM   #447
Sjb
Justice League

Looks amazing to me. However, I think the picture may be incorrect. I may be wrong, but I believe the Alex Ross portrait is part of the Alex Ross torso, because Jay emphasized there is no choker necklace with that portrait. If so, that means the other three portraits, which all incluse a choker necklace, are all interchangable with the modern torso. This picture shows the Alex Ross torso with a chocker necklace and modern portrait.
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 04:15 PM   #448
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

But, aren't there two Alex Ross portraits? One looking straight ahead, and one tilted down?
Old 05-20-2024, 04:26 PM   #449
Sjb
Justice League

Again, I am not certain, but I thought he recently said the Alex Ross portrait did not have a necklace. If so, then the portrait and torso must be all one piece so there is no neck seam. That picture shows the Alex Ross torso with a portrait that has a necklace. That is why I believe the photo is in error. Also, I did not think the portrait looking down was supposed to be Alex Ross, and that photo seems to be of the portrait that is looking down. If I am wrong about all of this, I apologize in advance.
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 04:27 PM   #450
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjb View Post
Looks amazing to me. However, I think the picture may be incorrect. I may be wrong, but I believe the Alex Ross portrait is part of the Alex Ross torso, because Jay emphasized there is no choker necklace with that portrait. If so, that means the other three portraits, which all incluse a choker necklace, are all interchangable with the modern torso. This picture shows the Alex Ross torso with a chocker necklace and modern portrait.
You're right. This configuration won't be possible in the production piece. This head will be included with the torso with less gold.

The proto does have the seam, which made this image possible.

I'm guessing the switchout torso hasn't been printed yet. That was a late-add, after some collectors wanted less gold.