Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-25-2021, 08:09 AM   #561
French Cancan
Deadman

Miserable Geckies, I will devour your world!!

Your flamboyant Lord Ogre-like, let me instead offer you these delicious cookies, tungsten-free, cobalt-free, saturated fat-free, and most importantly, gluten-free!

By all the guts of the Galaxy, I should have accepted the offer of those damn Geckies !!
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:59 AM   #562
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post

This is the one for me !
Nice display.

For some reason I thought the Galactus LSB was a little bigger
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:06 PM   #563
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Is Sideshow required, per their contract, to NOT create strictly "comic accurate" versions of the characters? The piece looks nice, but it's just not the comic version of Galactus (like most Sideshow pieces aren't really comic accurate). I understand the appeal to more detailed pieces, but it would be nice if they released a line that was more true to the character's comic appearance.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:13 PM   #564
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Nice display.

For some reason I thought the Galactus LSB was a little bigger
He’s angled but this piece is large and super heavy . It’s not quite on par to display with 1/4 but close enough . Imagine adding a torso to this style head . I’d be happy with something like that to show off with a surfer .

Side note I’ve noticed prices on this bust are absolutely nuts right now .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:19 PM   #565
Oak
Fantastic Four

The Galactus LSB is amazing. I exclusively go for life size busts, but the legendary scale bust is one of the best representations of Galactus IMO. So highly detailed with the skin portion really representing well his alien nature and that he’s lived for eons, which many other representations fail on. Plus, the detail on his costume/armour is so compelling and technical. Only weak point is the mini generic SS figure.
Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:59 PM   #566
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Is Sideshow required, per their contract, to NOT create strictly "comic accurate" versions of the characters? The piece looks nice, but it's just not the comic version of Galactus (like most Sideshow pieces aren't really comic accurate). I understand the appeal to more detailed pieces, but it would be nice if they released a line that was more true to the character's comic appearance.
I doubt it but I wouldn't be surprised if the artists had that clause in their contract. I'd hate to be an artist that just copies someone else's work.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:07 PM   #567
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Funny enough, since Igo left they seem to be more comic accurate and less Sideshowified. But I don’t think if he was still the Art Director we’d be getting a mini-galactus.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:21 PM   #568
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Eh, it sure does look like a Magneto. It's nice enough (like most Magneto pieces), but masterpiece is a big stretch.

I can already picture this disappearing in the jumbled mess that is Mr. X's collection.
I’ve seen his long collection tour videos. That dude has statues displayed in his kitchen! LOL!
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:59 PM   #569
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I’ve seen his long collection tour videos. That dude has statues displayed in his kitchen! LOL!
The funny thing is that MR X still continues to claim he small time collector.

I do appreciate his videos, a lot time his reviews help me in deciding what to buy and what I really don't need.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:30 AM   #570
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
I think they go through phases. I remember when I started collecting 16 years ago, the Jim Lee X-Men PFs were comic accurate but the current are not. Personally, I like the artistic liberties they take.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote