Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-28-2016, 08:33 AM   #5861
Rainy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Jerry, any plan to revisit Alex since he is SFV also why there is no love for Hugo
Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:05 AM   #5862
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
Jerry, any plan to revisit Alex since he is SFV also why there is no love for Hugo
What an amazing statue this would be! Jerry, any chance?
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:09 PM   #5863
Majestic
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Plus Member

Hi Jerry,
Firstly, i just gotta let you know how much i love your work. Thankyou for being in the statue game.
Im new to statues, but its becuase of your 1/3 line, i am now a statue collector.

I have a really good idea that might work great for PCS and its customers.

I noticed that the prototypes have a higher grade material/mixed media when revealed; though when the actual product is released, the material's grade is lowered.

Could PCS implement the option for collector's to be able to pay an extra amount to have the higher quality material used in the prototypes ?

I think your fans and customers will welocme that.
I surely will.

Tell me what you think Jerry.

Majestic.
Majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #5864
MaxGoof
Nightwing

I don't have any idea how computer sculpting works, but is there any chance at all that the Oni sculpt can be "flipped" so that he can face off against the Gouken and/or Ryu statues?

Oni seems like he'd be a good character to be in the P2 stance.
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #5865
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
What an amazing statue this would be! Jerry, any chance?
+1
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #5866
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Will the Ryu-Set get one COA or will all Ryus of the set get their own COA? THX
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #5867
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

I only had time to go back a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
I don't have any idea how computer sculpting works, but is there any chance at all that the Oni sculpt can be "flipped" so that he can face off against the Gouken and/or Ryu statues?

Oni seems like he'd be a good character to be in the P2 stance.
yes you can flip a digital sculpture quite easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
Hi Jerry,
Firstly, i just gotta let you know how much i love your work. Thankyou for being in the statue game.
Im new to statues, but its becuase of your 1/3 line, i am now a statue collector.

I have a really good idea that might work great for PCS and its customers.

I noticed that the prototypes have a higher grade material/mixed media when revealed; though when the actual product is released, the material's grade is lowered.

Could PCS implement the option for collector's to be able to pay an extra amount to have the higher quality material used in the prototypes ?

I think your fans and customers will welocme that.
I surely will.

Tell me what you think Jerry.

Majestic.
We never intentionally use a lessor material after showing a prototype. If a material changes its because the factory couldnt find the exact material we used so we find something as close as possible

That is often one of the reasons pieces get delayed.

Also, the way something photographs can look very different than having it in front of you.

Quote:
For sure we have another Alex being planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Hey jerry,
Another question from a friend;:

If you were to make a 1:3 Ken, do you think if would be possible to make a Violent Ken variant for it?

Thanks again.
Its possible but requires too many hoops to jump through with no guarantee of success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeTheDoctor View Post
Jerry, would you ever consider an accessory set like Prime 1 did with their bust? I know many things are based on time and can't be done for the initial statue, but I think it'd be cool to buy some extra bonuses whether it is additional heads or arms or etc. If something is exclusive, it should stay exclusive; but extra stuff would be epic!

Obviously this depends on popularity and time, but I'm sure it would do so much more and would make your pieces even more unique.
Not sure what you mean. Whenever we feel there are feasible switch out parts we try and make them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaguy705 View Post
Hey Jerry!

Now that the CrAzY Ryu PO is behind us, i'm more excited than ever to receive Akuma!

However, thanks to products received from another popular company, I'm paranoid on the QC from the factory.

I know you receive production samples, but is there someone unbiased at the factory checking these before they ship? What's the normal procedure ?
We have a full time employee in China, but no one is perfect. Our defect rate has fallen dramatically over the past couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Jerry, a while ago you mentioned that the eventual 1:4 Akuma MM revisit would involve a "twist". Is this still the case, and can you reveal anything about this twist, such as whether it is appearance based or engineering based? Thanks!
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuken View Post
Hi Jerry,

ive seen Simply Toys selling the 1:3 Evil Ryu and Ryu Statue for 2000 SGD, which is about 1500 USD. Do you think its cool that even those companies are charging flipper prices? I thought you are selling to this companies, because you want to give collectors from other countries the opportunity to buy these pieces at a "fair" price. With those prices, guys from abroad can just order at your website and they will get the stuff cheaper (even with shipping costs and custom fees). Or they can just buy from flippers, charging the same premium price.

Why are you even selling to this company if they are just flipping your stuff for a premium price?

Simply Toys is our long term partner and carries all of our collectibles, however we have little to no control over how they price things.

I will say, that with taxes and shipping its going to cost far more than $1500 to get a 1:3 Ryu into that part of the world. Shipping alone is going to be $400-500 plus tax. Going to be close to $2000 if not a little more.

So $1500 from ST is still saving the collector money than buying direct from us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnobs08 View Post
Hey Jerry, just wondering what the estimated ship date was for the 1:3 subzero and scorpion? Really getting excited about these pieces, so hoping to get it soon! Thanks!
This week we had a big meeting about the delays. its a combination of things from having to move to project from a factory that simply couldnt get the quality we wanted, to finding a new factory that could.

Currently they are saying ship very end of August.

I apologize for the delays but the only other option is to ship something im not happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBirkin62 View Post
any update to raiden and the teeth issue?

who do you forsee shipping first him or kotal kahn?
Raiden is probably a late June ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Jerry, has anything changed on the Akuma production piece from the Proto that will be visibly noticeable right away?
Nope. We are almost at final sample. Everything looks great except the ropes on the hands. They need to find a rope that is just a little thicker than what they have been trying to use.

believe it or not, its hard to find rope in small incremental size changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noqs45 View Post
Hello Jerry, just wondering.. Will the Ryu Evolution set be numbered based on time stamp or not? And if so how will that work if some orders get canceled? Will people be moved up the list?
Thats not a bad idea since its only 50 sets. Ill think about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatsu_KB View Post
Hey Jerry,

Any chance of getting you & the PCS team up for FanExpo in Toronto in 2016? It would be great to see some of the up coming PCS pieces in person!
Unfortunately conventions are really time consuming for us to attend and we have no plans on anything other than Wondercon, Monsterpalooza, NYCC and SDCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire76 View Post
how are those original lines idea's coming along?
Very well thank you !
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #5868
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I will say, that with taxes and shipping its going to cost far more than $1500 to get a 1:3 Ryu into that part of the world. Shipping alone is going to be $400-500 plus tax. Going to be close to $2000 if not a little more.
What part of the world are we talking about here? Is shipping to Europe (Belgium) also going to cost $400-500??
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #5869
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
What part of the world are we talking about here? Is shipping to Europe (Belgium) also going to cost $400-500??
Asia-Pacific

No Europe wont be that bad.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:24 AM   #5870
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Asia-Pacific

No Europe wont be that bad.
Ouch, might be a good thing for my wallet if a he-man/skeletor 1:3 never see the light of day.
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote