Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-03-2021, 06:11 PM   #411
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I'm sorry but everyone excusing the hair line needs to realise that the rest of it looks basically perfect, therefore it's not acceptable that the hairs look like a barbie doll

Yes, from far away it isn't as noticeable, but these pieces are meant to be scrutinised as they're meant to be the best, JND is the only company that can't do rooted hair properly

Everything else looks great, let's just not be blinded by the quality of the other aspects
Whoa - hold on a second. Let's put things into perspective here JND is the ONLY company making silicone headsculpts with rooted hair at 1/3 scale. So, who are you comparing them to when you say they are "the only company that can't do rooted hair properly"?

Even QS who do rooted hair on their PVC headsculpts, don't do full rooted hair, as they sculpt the hairline. Granted, this might be the solution, BUT, it might not be an adequate solution on a silicone sculpt. So you have a trade off, you could have a great hairline but a less realistic portrait, or live with a slightly less than than great hairline but a life like portrait......I'll take the second option every day.

Regardless of a person's opinion on the quality of the hairline finish, comparing JND products to a Barbie doll is always going to undermine your argument. But if that's how you feel, don't buy the product. These are sold out, meaning the people that matter (the customers) are satisfied. If you bought this and don't like it, sell it - I'll even buy it off you......that way it will go to a good home
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:25 PM   #412
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
That is a difficult one. Shame to cover up such a beautifully detailed sculpt but my favorite look is with the goggles on. I don't think I'll have the nerve to alter the appearance often, once she's on display.
Same! I would be horrified that I would ruin/break/damage something so I won't be alternating the display options very often (or at all?). I guess it is a win-win for science as those who display her long-term with the googles will discover whether or not long-term accessory usage will cause any adverse effects on the silicon.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:33 PM   #413
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Whoa - hold on a second. Let's put things into perspective here JND is the ONLY company making silicone headsculpts with rooted hair at 1/3 scale. So, who are you comparing them to when you say they are "the only company that can't do rooted hair properly"?

Even QS who do rooted hair on their PVC headsculpts, don't do full rooted hair, as they sculpt the hairline. Granted, this might be the solution, BUT, it might not be an adequate solution on a silicone sculpt. So you have a trade off, you could have a great hairline but a less realistic portrait, or live with a slightly less than than great hairline but a life like portrait......I'll take the second option every day.

Regardless of a person's opinion on the quality of the hairline finish, comparing JND products to a Barbie doll is always going to undermine your argument. But if that's how you feel, don't buy the product. These are sold out, meaning the people that matter (the customers) are satisfied. If you bought this and don't like it, sell it - I'll even buy it off you......that way it will go to a good home
Hold on yourself, I don't think it's like a barbie doll, just the way the hair is punched at the hairline, you can't deny it that it could look better

I said that everything else is basically perfect

And I'd rather have a great hairline with a great sculpt, there doesn't need to be a trade off if the result doesn't look good
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:26 PM   #414
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Hold on yourself, I don't think it's like a barbie doll, just the way the hair is punched at the hairline, you can't deny it that it could look better

I said that everything else is basically perfect

And I'd rather have a great hairline with a great sculpt, there doesn't need to be a trade off if the result doesn't look good
I'm not trying to get into an argument with you.....especially as I'm not paid by JND

In the end, we can debate this till we're both blue in the face, and using bad language....but the statue is what it is.....take it or leave it.

I believe JND has done everything they can to bring us the best version they can offer. They know the kind of market they're operating in, and they know what they need to do to survive. Call me a fan boy, or an easy customer.....doesn't matter, I am satisfied with this product - more then satisfied.

It's a shame you're not satisfied, but......in the end that's your problem to deal with. The great news for you is that there are some great alternatives coming, AND, if you did buy this piece, you will certainly get your money back.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:25 PM   #415
Cmac
Mephisto

The heels looked better on the prototype. For some reason, they made them really shiny.

You can see the original costume here: https://hollywoodmoviecostumesandpro...tume-from.html
Cmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:36 PM   #416
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post

Wow, this piece is amazing. Haven't got a chance to check out the video yet. Thanks for posting the pictures. Really excited for this piece.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:23 AM   #417
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

English subtitles have been added to the video:

JND Studios TDK CATWOMAN SELINA KYLE Production Sample Review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLZUs6MSqgQ
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 03:51 AM   #418
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

FA-REAKING A - she looks amazing! If they would have announced two heads, that would’ve been such a crazy surprise bonus, but good golly miss molly this piece looks incredible. Sooooo glad I PO her.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 05:25 AM   #419
Chao
Frackin!

I love the statue but still not 100% sold on the face. It still looks a little ghoulish to me, particularly when her head is angled off the the side. I can't say it's inaccurate though - I think part of the problem is that you hardly ever see Anne Hathaway in a photo making a serious face like that. But overall I do feel like the contour under her cheek to her jaw is just ever slightly too deep.
Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 05:41 AM   #420
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

This statue is glorious!
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote