Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Talking Spider-man 3 review.

Here Come the 'Spider-Man 3' Reviews
Posted Apr 16th 2007 11:33AM by Erik Davis
Filed under: Action & Adventure, Fandom, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Remakes and Sequels

Since Spider-Man 3 is premiering in Tokyo, like, right now, the reviews are starting to pour in. These aren't reviews from the premiere, but like here in the states, there are audiences who get to check it out prior to the main event. (Come tomorrow, I expect there to be a slew of reviews up around the net.) AICN has two of the first reviews up and, as expected, they're more than glowing. Seeing as both reviews include major plot spoilers (so much so that AICN had to delete a sentence from one review that told us exactly how the movie ends), I'll share with you some of the spoiler-free quotes. Check this out: "This is the most emotional, and epic entry in the series, and like its predecessors, it never loses sight that action is a bonus to the character drama, and not the main attraction, it really is amazing."

Here's another fantabulous quote (keep in mind this review was translated off a Chinese website): "Spider-Man 3 must be the best visual action blockbuster ever and outdo all its predecessors. It is really rare to see a better sequel these days, right?" As far as whether or not the third film sets up a fourth installment, the first reviewer felt Spidey 3 was more of a finale than a middle chapter. They write: "Raimi has proven himself a spider god thrice over now, and really I want this film to be the last one. It ends every major plot line and doesn't leave much open, albeit it doesn't really zip things shut either, but really this is a great ending." Apart from those quotes, that's all I can really show you -- before you head on over there, please be aware that both of these reviews provide tons of spoilerish plot details (though if you've seen all the trailers, pics and footage, then you pretty much know what's going to happen). Spider-Man 3 opens here on May 4.

Source: http://www.cinematical.com/2007/04/1...man-3-reviews/
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Thanks Bulls...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
patrickwm68
The Flash

Seeing that this is out already in Japan the bootlegs should be hitting the streets and internet anyday now.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Fantastic...I wish the FF and all the rest would follow this winning formula...Great direction, acting, editing and screenplay
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:25 PM   #5
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocruze View Post
Fantastic...I wish the FF and all the rest would follow this winning formula...Great direction, acting, editing and screenplay

Agreed! Don't know why they get some right and some wrong,
when all you have to do is respect the source material.

Glad it is getting good reviews.
I love the other two, and was worried maybe I was getting Spidied out and they were throwing too much into the 3rd what with 3 villians and all.
Looks like Raimi still knows what he is doing.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:41 AM   #6
thx217
Ultimates

Sweeeet! Thanks for the link Bull! Can't wait for it!
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:02 AM   #7
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Thanks B, can`t wait to see this.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:29 AM   #8
Justin
Jedi Order

great thread Bulls
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:48 AM   #9
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Thanks Bulls. I won't spoil anything for myself by reading more. After part 2 I stopped worrying about the Spidey franchise. Raimi has done such an astonishing job with the character that it shames every other Marvel attempt thus far. He's done the impossible (apparently) by making a movie that not only represents the comic wonderfully, but even surpasses it in many respects. I have no doubt that this will be a fantastic movie. It's a series I hate to see the ending of. I was hoping it'd be like Friday the 13th and go on forever heh.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:09 AM   #10
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

You can be sure there will be a fourth with Marvel and Sony involved. Too much money to pass up on.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote