Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-23-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Heroes SEASON 3

Well, the two hour Heroes season premiere began tonight. I'm suprised that no one has started a thread yet, so here goes.

I was so confused by the time it was over, that I will need to watch both episodes that aired again, just to figure out some of what happened. I think Kring is trying to cram way too much stuff in each episode, does anyone else feel that way as well?

SPOILERS:

The inmates who escaped the company lock down were basically, Magneto, Pyro, Banshee, and Mastermind. Things really felt more like an X-Men scenario more than ever tonight. Then, Mohinder is becoming Seth Brundle from the classic horrror movie the Fly! I wouldn't be suprised if he and the South American girl who can kill people find out that she is now going to have his kid, the Fly II! I sure hope they don't take the obvious tribute to the fly that far. Also, what is up with the good guys becoming the bad guys, and the bad guys becoming the good guys? Before I saw the commercial for next weeks episode, which shows that happening, I was going to complain that Peter was being turned into a gritty, tough guy, jaded jerk, and I liked him in the nice guy role. If Sylar becomes a good guy now, it will be too big a change too quickly, IMO. Will it be believable or is it some type of alternate universe "Butterfly Effect" thing as mentioned by Ma Pattrelli? I guess we'll see....
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:14 AM   #2
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Also not that they're exactly the same but the African in Africa reminded me of Gateway and the outback of Australia.

And yes it seemed like an Xmen break/Arkham Asylum break out ala Batman Begins. "We stopped one guy but a ton of them got out."

I'm guessing she's not originally from France, considering her name, otherwise I would have expected Daphne to have an accent. Her wacky hairstyle and wardrobe seems better suited for Smallville.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:58 AM   #3
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Didn't know this was back already. Will download it now.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:10 AM   #4
risingstar
Jedi Order

The one thing the creators do not want to do is get too convoluted with subplots. That's what inevitably made shows like the X-Files and Smallville difficult to follow after a while. The other issue Heroes wants to keep track of is the number of mutants... It's almost hard to keep track of already.

Does this show still have as many followers or did things slow down during season two? For some reason, I don't sense as much excitement for the show this season.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

I LOVED IT!!!

I just love time travel and butterfly effects that come along with it. I cant help but wonder if it will be like X-mens AoA as this is a different time line that may or may not get whipped out at the end. But only a few people know about it.

I just hope they dont go over board on the dangerous villains and have level 10, 20 etc... of villainess characters.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #6
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Haven't seen the premier yet but did watch the 1 hour special before hand. As much as I like the show it amazes me how some fans can be so "over the top" with their adoration of the show and stars. I mean they are just people doing a job (which pays them well).
Old 09-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #7
superdoug
Minister of ROT

Oy. Last night's episode was AWESOME.

This show sure has learned from last season, even though I was disheartened to see Maya back in the mix.
superdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #8
adee
Green Arrow

I'm happy it's back, I love this show. I am a little confused with Jessica/Nikki/whatever her name is. I think I may have missed something with this part of the story.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #9
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
I was disheartened to see Maya back in the mix.
REALLY??? I'm in love with Dania RamÃ-rez. Not the best character or power, but man shes HOT!
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:23 AM   #10
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I'm happy it's back, I love this show. I am a little confused with Jessica/Nikki/whatever her name is. I think I may have missed something with this part of the story.

My theory is with each split personality she has different powers.

That or since the reporter is the guy who played american hero TV show, hes got ice powers and did that to freak her out.

But i like the idea shes got a different power for each personality, makes her really off beat and hard to deal with.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote