PDA

View Full Version : Prime 1 Studio -Berserk

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

StatueDiva
09-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Having only seen the 97 anime, this character looks really out of place compared to the Golden Age Arc's characters. I've seen a few videos about Berserk and it seems the art direction went a little cartoonish/less dark later on?

How do you guys rank the characters of the series in importance? Seems like this guy isn't a big part?

1. Guts/Griffith
2. Casca

Golden Age

1. Guts = Griffith
2. Casca
3. Core Band of Falcon Members (Rickert, Judeau, Corkus, Pippin)
4. Zodd
5. Wylad
6. Everything else

Post Eclipse

1. Guts = Griffith
2. Casca
3. God Hand (Void, Slan, Ubik, Conrad, Femto)
4. Guts' Party (Schierke, Farnese, Serpico, Puck, Ivalera, Magnifico, Roderick, Isidro, Isma, Azan)
5. Core Reborn Band of Falcon Members (Sonia, Grunbeld, Zodd, Locus, Raksas, Irvine)

It's kind of hard to rank them like that so... basically Guts, Griffith, and Casca are your top 3 main characters. The God Hand by default are also important characters because they are the main antagonists. I'm not ranking Skull Knight, but judging from his implied background he is definitely a major character in the grand scheme of things.

Everyone else ranges from major to minor supporting characters. For example, Schierke is a major supporting character for Guts and the entire party. The other characters in the party drop in terms of importance after Farnese and Serpico.

Isidro....some fans hate him, some fans like him. If you were to cut him out the story I don't think you would lose much, but I would miss the comedic effect he's brought forward and he could have potential to be more important later on.

Is he important enough to drop $649 (Reg) or $699 (EX) on? You decide, I got to really think about this one, I like him but I don't consider him as important as Schierke, Farnese, and Serpico. This is really a character for a die-hard and completionist as it stands. Maybe Isidro will do something really cool in the future, or maybe he'll continue to be Isidro.

supermetroid
09-03-2018, 07:04 PM
^Yeah, thanks for the info. I guess even big Berserk fans are surprised they went with this character and think he's overpriced. I really like P1's ambition of going deep into lines but wonder if it could backfire too with the over saturated state the market is in.

StatueDiva
09-03-2018, 07:44 PM
^Yeah, thanks for the info. I guess even big Berserk fans are surprised they went with this character and think he's overpriced. I really like P1's ambition of going deep into lines but wonder if it could backfire too with the over saturated state the market is in.

It's all a risk, but a commendable risk in my opinion. I probably will get this because it's still a really nice piece, but it's exactly $100 more than what I expected to pay for it.

I think now is the best time and probably the only time to do these characters. The factory costs aren't dropping and it's only going to make projects like this less and less possible over time. As long as the fans of the IP are there, then they will be fine...

But I can only think people are saving their money for Casca and Skull Knight at this point. The line is almost done in terms of prototypes.

Jesse Custer
09-03-2018, 07:54 PM
I'm definitely surprised, both about the character choice and the price. It's not that I don't like they are doing Isidro, it's just that there are more important characters than him to spend so much money.

I mostly agree about the ranking above, but I would rank Schierke higher than the other party members. Post eclipse she is only after Guts and Griffith if you consider her importance and "screen time" in my opinion. I would rank her in the third place tied with Casca.

Also I'm really looking forward to see Casca and I hope she is a sucess. After Prime 1 revealed their 1/3 Guts, I'm expecting a few more characters to follow, and I hope she is one of them.

Jesse Custer
09-03-2018, 07:54 PM
Double post.

Gyro Zeppeli
09-03-2018, 08:42 PM
Everyone in Guts' party in the second half of the manga are extremely important for his overall character development, and the mood of the franchise.

StatueDiva
09-03-2018, 11:00 PM
Everyone in Guts' party in the second half of the manga are extremely important for his overall character development, and the mood of the franchise.

I agree with that, just breaking down most important to least important (but still contributes to the story and characters).

Isidro himself seems split in terms of the fanbase. Like said before, some people love him, others don't.

Here's what Miura had to say about Isidro in the guidebook interview.

- What about Isidoro, then? Isidoro is sort of modeled after a child of an assistant who worked with me at the time. He wasn't as brave as Isidoro, but he was ambitious. "What do I do to become like you, Miura-sensei? Tell me the easy way" - he was a kid who'd actually ask such questions (laughs). "I want to go big. But, I want it to be easy too". He was putting spirit into that line, like Kaneda from Akira (by Ootomo Katsuhiro), the "healthy bad youngun". The setting of Berserk is all dark, so I like him as the standard of a boy boldly going through that world.

- Even though that world is what it is, Isidoro makes a wholesome impression. The characters in Berserk have both good sides, bad sides, and their circumstances. I'm drawing while thinking of that foremost. Vague goals like "For justice!" are something that only characters like Mozgus could call their own (laughs). Even when you're pursuing profit, if your goals are the same, people cooperate. If you hang around for long, you become nicer to each other... It's a natural balance. Precisely because Berserk is set in an other world, I want you to sympathise with the characters, like "For humans, this is normal".

- If I were to add anything to that: Isidoro has a side like "a child of the Shouwa era" to him, in my mind. When I was a kid, there were a lot of children full of energy, like "I want, I want". [PAGE 9] They show off their character and secure their own place to be - an image like this. Children of the Heisei era are all kind and make an impression of minding their balance with the surroundings. I wonder what they think when looking at Isidoro? They probably can't relate (laughs).

- With the introduction of magic, Schierke joined the story. Schierke had to appear because Isidoro happened, in a way. They form "the second generation", like Lin and Bat in Hokuto no Ken. The natural outcome would be for her to pair up with Isidoro, right? Schierke admires Guts, but right next to this girl being impressed by an adult man, a hardworking boy is maturing... That is the right state of things (laughs).

So I wouldn't say he's flat out useless, it's hard for me to not have any attachment to him for what he has brought to the story. I do think he has great potential and what Miura stated does seem to allude to the future of where he wants to take both Isidro and Schierke.

To outsiders (and some fans), Isidro looks like a silly little kid. There's much more than what we see on the surface though.

I'm definitely surprised, both about the character choice and the price. It's not that I don't like they are doing Isidro, it's just that there are more important characters than him to spend so much money.

I mostly agree about the ranking above, but I would rank Schierke higher than the other party members. Post eclipse she is only after Guts and Griffith if you consider her importance and "screen time" in my opinion. I would rank her in the third place tied with Casca.

Also I'm really looking forward to see Casca and I hope she is a sucess. After Prime 1 revealed their 1/3 Guts, I'm expecting a few more characters to follow, and I hope she is one of them.

Ah I messed up my wording, Schierke is definitely a really major player now.

Pompous
09-04-2018, 04:34 AM
Having only seen the 97 anime, this character looks really out of place compared to the Golden Age Arc's characters. I've seen a few videos about Berserk and it seems the art direction went a little cartoonish/less dark later on?

How do you guys rank the characters of the series in importance? Seems like this guy isn't a big part?

1. Guts/Griffith
2. Casca

Not at all out of place, he's just a different character than what Golden Age usually showcases. Isidro is a little troublemaker who dreams of being a great swordsman. In Golden Age, almost all of the characters are hardened knights/mercenaries or aristocrats, while Isidro is just a runaway thief. The best thing on him is that coat (which he 100% stole). But yeah, currently he's not very high ranked in terms of importance.

SPOILERS

As for the art style, yes the faces are a bit more moe but the reason there's more lighthearted imagery and style is due to where Berserk is currently storywise. It is at a time of peace and progressiveness with Guts and his party traveling to a literal fairytale land and Griffith bringing about a new age of fantasy and prosperity in his new utopia.

StatueDiva
09-04-2018, 12:56 PM
From P1, Zodd is waiting on final packaging and is shipping out in a few weeks! Super pumped!

https://image.ibb.co/e2MSVK/40897087_1936241553089144_2026181341925605376_o.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/dAtKcz/40760173_1936241559755810_4176124910969552896_o.jpg

I think for Sideshow we will see him in October which is right on time.

BurningRage
09-04-2018, 03:05 PM
That’ll be $100 shipping like Guts if it’s in two boxes.

BurningRage
09-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Isidro up at Sideshow

Pompous
09-04-2018, 04:10 PM
Isidro up at Sideshow

I'm surprised they also have the EX version up. The fact they did this with Isidro but not Griffith or Berserker Guts really ticks me off. Prime1's shipping is absolute aggravation and I already have reward points on Sideshow.

iguana
09-04-2018, 04:16 PM
I'm surprised they also have the EX version up. The fact they did this with Isidro but not Griffith or Berserker Guts really ticks me off. Prime1's shipping is absolute aggravation and I already have reward points on Sideshow.

What? Griffith and Berserker Armor EX was on SS but is waitlisted, just the helmet head for griffith was P1Store Exclusive.

Pompous
09-04-2018, 04:27 PM
What? Griffith and Berserker Armor EX was on SS but is waitlisted, just the helmet head for griffith was P1Store Exclusive.

I ordered my Berserker Guts in early June, there were no EX versions of it on Sideshow at all. So unless it was available before that and I just missed out EX Berserker hasn't been on Sideshow. And I know Griffith is on Sideshow but I'm talking about the EX version.

StatueDiva
09-04-2018, 04:39 PM
I ordered my Berserker Guts in early June, there were no EX versions of it on Sideshow at all. So unless it was available before that and I just missed out EX Berserker hasn't been on Sideshow. And I know Griffith is on Sideshow but I'm talking about the EX version.

You missed out on it, the EX was waitlisted about a week or so when it went up last year. It went to sold out status so you won't see it in the searches.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/berserk-guts-berserker-armor-prime-1-studio-9031871/

Also Griffith EX is waitlisted at Sideshow too if you're just talking about the EX without the website bonus.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/berserk-griffith-the-falcon-of-light-prime-1-studio-9033101/

Pompous
09-04-2018, 04:45 PM
You missed out on it, the EX was waitlisted about a week or so when it went up last year. It went to sold out status so you won't see it in the searches.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/berserk-guts-berserker-armor-prime-1-studio-9031871/

Also Griffith EX is waitlisted at Sideshow too if you're just talking about the EX without the website bonus.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/berserk-griffith-the-falcon-of-light-prime-1-studio-9033101/

Well damn. That sucks. Also I confused Prime1 exclusive with just EX overall, so yeah. Technically I didn't waste my money ordering from Prime1 so that's a relief.

Vendetta
09-04-2018, 08:12 PM
Crazy price. Isidro and Schierke should have been opportunities for much cheaper entries in the line - I was hoping for $600 at the most (with $500-550 being perfect).

For $700 I’d rather get a statue from The Witcher.

majestic1
09-05-2018, 05:23 AM
Crazy price. Isidro and Schierke should have been opportunities for much cheaper entries in the line - I was hoping for $600 at the most (with $500-550 being perfect).

For $700 I’d rather get a statue from The Witcher.

Yep it's a crazy price tag and Prime 1 need to be called out on it.

For the same price as Isidro you can get Sideshows Iron Man MK III maquette with a massive piece of the Iron Monger on the base. Sideshows Mortighull the huge risen reaper general from the COTD, one of the most detailed statues they have ever made is $100 cheaper than Isidro.

majestic1
09-05-2018, 05:34 AM
Here is little Isidro displayed next to Berserker Armor Guts and Regular Guts.

http://i67.tinypic.com/34nfyth.jpg

Now here is Guyver 1 which is only $69 dollars more than Isidro pictured next to the 2 Guts pieces.

http://i67.tinypic.com/j12f4m.jpg

chavez553
09-05-2018, 07:28 AM
Zodd ex is sold out at SS.

BurningRage
09-05-2018, 07:47 AM
Wait list not sold out.

iguana
09-05-2018, 08:08 AM
Here is little Isidro displayed next to Berserker Armor Guts and Regular Guts.

Now here is Guyver 1 which is only $69 dollars more than Isidro pictured next to the 2 Guts pieces.

http://i67.tinypic.com/j12f4m.jpg

omg, I knew the photos but thanks for the repost again. Isidro is so small spmpared to the others, definitely not worth 700 USD for me (+and tax + and shipping on top).

Kevorkian
09-05-2018, 08:18 AM
isidro statue on sideshow cost the same compared to prime1, i was believing a plus on top like others.
price is way too high anyway

chavez553
09-05-2018, 08:29 AM
Wait list not sold out.

Yeah, that’s what I meant.

Waitlist.

I don’t think SS gets very many of these P1 pieces. Selling out so quickly. P1 will still have it in stock.

supermetroid
09-05-2018, 08:34 AM
Honestly 500 would still seem overpriced considering his size...I'd just wait this out, I'm sure the discounts will be had unless he has a tiny ES.

BurningRage
09-05-2018, 08:43 AM
Those factory pics got them more orders.

StatueDiva
09-05-2018, 09:03 AM
Honestly 500 would still seem overpriced considering his size...I'd just wait this out, I'm sure the discounts will be had unless he has a tiny ES.

I'd agree on $600, but $500 is unrealistically low. I think the base on this one drove up the price, as it makes him really big and more complex for the factory.

In hindsight, what they probably should have done is reduce the base to get him down to $500, but no way with the current base and options would he be that price.

Also comparing Guyver 1 to now is understandable, but not a good comparison. Guyver 1 is a fantastic deal (as usual for the beginning of the line), but you won't see anything like that again.

StatueDiva
09-07-2018, 09:41 AM
Just saw that XM Shogun Batman on Horse is $1,999 SGD (around $1,450 USD). I would think Skull Knight on Horse would be a good couple hundred more than that.

Makes me think he's not going to be the $3,000 pricing a lot of people have been thinking now seeing XM's piece.

iguana
09-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Just saw that XM Shogun Batman on Horse is $1,999 SGD (around $1,450 USD). I would think Skull Knight on Horse would be a good couple hundred more than that.

Makes me think he's not going to be the $3,000 pricing a lot of people have been thinking now seeing XM's piece.

maybe not 3000 USD but definitely over 2000 USD. Both are 1/4 but IMO SK will be more detailled and should also be a bit bigger than Bats. In the end it also depends what the base will look like and how much effort they put in there. I looking forward that the piece will only cost less than 2000$ but I highly doubt it, especially when we see how good the Berserk line is going for P1 (even if not all are sold out). Maybe in the end it will be 1999,99 $ XD.

majestic1
09-07-2018, 06:10 PM
maybe not 3000 USD but definitely over 2000 USD. Both are 1/4 but IMO SK will be more detailled and should also be a bit bigger than Bats. In the end it also depends what the base will look like and how much effort they put in there. I looking forward that the piece will only cost less than 2000$ but I highly doubt it, especially when we see how good the Berserk line is going for P1 (even if not all are sold out). Maybe in the end it will be 1999,99 $ XD.

The base looks like it's from the scene when he (SPOILERS) arrives in Qliphoth to confront Slan .

His horse is rearing up about to stamp on a Troll so that will raise the height significantly, this is of course if they stick with this base as it's been a while since this sneak.

http://i68.tinypic.com/dea69w.jpg

iguana
09-07-2018, 06:22 PM
The base looks like it's from the scene when he (SPOILERS) arrives in Qliphoth to confront Slan .

His horse is rearing up about to stamp on a Troll so that will raise the height significantly, this is of course if they stick with this base as it's been a while since this sneak.

right, ty, totally forget that they teased it already a quiet time ago XD.

StatueDiva
09-07-2018, 09:56 PM

If it somehow was $1,999.99 would more people grab this quickly? Sounds really good compared to Wonder Woman on Horse..

Yes that's the one. It looks like a complex base and I wonder if it would be trimmed down.

iguana
09-08-2018, 03:43 AM
If it somehow was $1,999.99 would more people grab this quickly? Sounds really good compared to Wonder Woman on Horse...

Would be great and I really think so, at least I know a few Berserk Fans who would buy it directly for this price tag. I'm also interested which ES they choose, guess it could be the lowest until now.

StatueDiva
09-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Would be great and I really think so, at least I know a few Berserk Fans who would buy it directly for this price tag. I'm also interested which ES they choose, guess it could be the lowest until now.

I surely would grab it.

Pompous
09-10-2018, 07:41 PM

I’m already saving for it. I’d also buy Femto but I don’t like the overly simplistic pose, and I unfortunately missed out on Black Swordsman Guts (if Sideshow started selling the Bloody version I’d gladly pre-order).

iguana
09-11-2018, 02:53 AM
I’m already saving for it. I’d also buy Femto but I don’t like the overly simplistic pose, and I unfortunately missed out on Black Swordsman Guts (if Sideshow started selling the Bloody version I’d gladly pre-order).

yeah but guess it stays china exclusive unfortunately. Just wait a certain time, I think most Berserk pieces (if the ES isn't very small) you can get for retail or even less later on, they are just too expensive from the start and the ES isn't small enough to rise in value.

davide87ita
09-13-2018, 11:14 AM
Better view of griffith head reworked

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/41685433_10212741337074808_6622705095005962240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=149045b8300466d93f52f9e60c9de0a1&oe=5C3660F9

Barbarian
09-13-2018, 11:27 AM
Yup. That looks like Griffith alright. The hair looks better too, although I'd like to see all of it. Really looking forward to adding him to Guts. Thanks for posting this pic!

Kevorkian
09-13-2018, 12:27 PM
Better view of griffith head reworked

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/41685433_10212741337074808_6622705095005962240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=149045b8300466d93f52f9e60c9de0a1&oe=5C3660F9
i would say better but can be still improved

BrandedSaiyan27
09-13-2018, 04:23 PM
More Pictures of Griffith as well as Bloody version Guts

BrandedSaiyan27
09-13-2018, 04:36 PM
I know I’m late to the party but here it is. EX Guts (EX portrait not displayed). This has been a long awaited statue for me and I almost didn’t get it! Once the EX went back up for order on Prime 1s site I jumped on it. This is my first piece by prime 1 and man am I impressed. I won’t go on and say what’s already been said, you guys already know what a great piece this is! I have some pics of him next to the ThreeZero Guts 1/6 Figure so you can see how massive this thing is. Pictures are phone quality with not the greatest lighting so I apologize in advance, hope you enjoy the pics!

P.S. I included a custom unpainted head for the ThreeZero figure for comparison.

MustardDragon
09-13-2018, 04:58 PM
Ya ya ya! Very nice. I love that they are improving it all the way up to release. It's adding value...and excitement.

Barbarian
09-13-2018, 05:00 PM
I know I’m late to the party but here it is. EX Guts (EX portrait not displayed). This has been a long awaited statue for me and I almost didn’t get it! Once the EX went back up for order on Prime 1s site I jumped on it. This is my first piece by prime 1 and man am I impressed. I won’t go on and say what’s already been said, you guys already know what a great piece this is! I have some pics of him next to the ThreeZero Guts 1/6 Figure so you can see how massive this thing is. Pictures are phone quality with not the greatest lighting so I apologize in advance, hope you enjoy the pics!

P.S. I included a custom unpainted head for the ThreeZero figure for comparison.
Awesome stuff, Saiyan! Congrats!
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/sparhawk71/Avatars%20and%20GIFs/welcome_16.gif
TO THE FORUM!!!
Ya ya ya! Very nice. I love that they are improving it all the way up to release. It's adding value...and excitement.
Big ol' honkin' ditto, brother. :buttrock:

BrandedSaiyan27
09-13-2018, 05:17 PM
Awesome stuff, Saiyan! Congrats!
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/sparhawk71/Avatars%20and%20GIFs/welcome_16.gif
TO THE FORUM!!!

Big ol' honkin' ditto, brother. :buttrock:

Thanks Barbarian! I've been looking for a good forum to chat with people about these amazing statues by Prime 1! Sideshow freaks has a Berserk forum but it's not very active and I experienced the same over on SkullKnight.Net. This seems to be the most active forum I could find.

Regardless I'm so excited for this line! I have Puck, EX + Bonus Griffith and EX Zodd Human form on order as well as Berserker Armor Normal Edition ( I was too late on the EX). After receiving Guts I'm so pumped to have these guys all displayed! Can't say I'm too hyped on Isidro, especially for the price. I really wish we would have had the option to buy that bloody version of Guts! Don't know if I would have purchased that one or not but the option would have been nice.

iguana
09-14-2018, 02:44 AM
Thanks Barbarian! I've been looking for a good forum to chat with people about these amazing statues by Prime 1! Sideshow freaks has a Berserk forum but it's not very active and I experienced the same over on SkullKnight.Net. This seems to be the most active forum I could find.

Regardless I'm so excited for this line! I have Puck, EX + Bonus Griffith and EX Zodd Human form on order as well as Berserker Armor Normal Edition ( I was too late on the EX). After receiving Guts I'm so pumped to have these guys all displayed! Can't say I'm too hyped on Isidro, especially for the price. I really wish we would have had the option to buy that bloody version of Guts! Don't know if I would have purchased that one or not but the option would have been nice.

I'm totally fine with my "normal" version of the BS, IMO the bloody version is a bit too much. The more bloody version would fit more for Berserker Armor IMO, maybe they announce one in the far future lol.

Barbarian
09-14-2018, 11:01 AM

Well sure. Options are always great. Nevertheless, I would have surely gotten the non-bloody EX version. There is already plenty of blood and guts without the added mess. I love the EX version. It's among the greatest statues I have ever seen or owned. Super psyched about the Prime EX Griffith! :buttrock:

Pompous
09-15-2018, 06:10 AM
More Pictures of Griffith as well as Bloody version Guts

Is this the version of Griffith that will be shipping? It’s much better than the prototype pictures they’ve been using to advertise it.

iguana
09-15-2018, 04:12 PM
Is this the version of Griffith that will be shipping? It’s much better than the prototype pictures they’ve been using to advertise it.

yes sir

daemerz
09-17-2018, 03:58 AM
someone posted on fb that zodd will start shipping this week. dunno how reliable he is though.

Kevorkian
09-17-2018, 04:31 AM
someone posted on fb that zodd will start shipping this week. dunno how reliable he is though.

i would say it's too early but maybe can be that some lucky asian costumer receive a copy in advance, already happened.

For most of us i will expect in october/november to ship

BurningRage
09-17-2018, 11:04 AM
i would say it's too early but maybe can be that some lucky asian costumer receive a copy in advance, already happened.

Yeah he said China distributor on FB.

rcaido
09-17-2018, 11:42 AM

Does that include from sideshow or people who order straight from prime1

Gekon
09-17-2018, 02:58 PM
If You are talking about Est est guy he is reliable.

chavez553
09-19-2018, 12:12 PM
Since Zodd is on its way this month, way before before Griifith

Does Prime1 allow you to move money from one partial pay order to pay off another, or do they do what Sideshow does and just cancel it?

Doctor Doom
09-20-2018, 12:42 AM
Any idea from those of you in the know when APOSTLE ZODD will,be up for preorder?

iguana
09-20-2018, 12:47 AM
Any idea from those of you in the know when APOSTLE ZODD will,be up for preorder?

As far as I know there isn't a fix date yet.

Kevorkian
09-20-2018, 01:35 AM
after isidro flop would be nice to continue with apostle

Fallency
09-20-2018, 02:10 AM
I wish they had done better with Isidro (even at first I didn't like him, but I feel attached to him later on.)

Griffith's new face is magnificent wow, I'm planning to get him for sure.

I want to see SK fairly soon, I assume at Prime Studio Museum Event which will take place in a few days.

I think Zodd Apostle will be a hit, damn he looks so good with the scene, but holy how I can expose it home.
He will be the next in PO or Schierke probably.

And some new characters reveals, such as Farnese and Serpico will make me feel happy !

oddmania
09-23-2018, 01:28 PM
New pictures, Bloodied Guts and Slan with here tongue out.

majestic1
09-23-2018, 01:42 PM
The tongue-out portrait doesn't quite work.

qz33
09-23-2018, 02:17 PM

I think it does ok.
Tongue should have been just slightly more subtle.

oddmania
09-23-2018, 03:20 PM

Though so, I kinda like the bloody version, but at the same time I think it covers a lot of the armor details.

Nugchompa
09-23-2018, 09:18 PM
The need to make that tongue out portrait sexier.

NosferatuOMeGa
09-23-2018, 11:24 PM
The face seems too static with the tongue out. It's needs a little more movement/expression in the eyes!

iguana
09-24-2018, 03:42 PM
Measurements for
Guts 1/3: 97x60x55
Zodd Apostle Form: 77x110x100

Credit to Stephen Lee from FB:

"Hope the following would be helpful for all collectors planning your man cave displays!

Prime 1 Exhibition Sep 2018 New Statue Measurements. The info provided by me is only for indicative purposes and cannot be used as final measurement facts because the production pieces’ dimensions may change subject to P1’s decision. All info is in centimeters (HxWxD)"

rcaido
09-24-2018, 07:42 PM
Yeah its a no go for Apostle Form for me...That depth dimension is a killer.

Pompous
09-24-2018, 08:18 PM
Measurements for

That is actually shorter than I thought 1/3 Guts would be. Thought he would at least breach 40 inches.

And damn, Apostle Zodd is a thicc boi.

Comicbookguy
09-24-2018, 09:05 PM

Its the angle thats not working. Should look great on display! With tongue is so much better than no tongue. The bloody guts looks amazing!!!! Now thats what I call making a difference on blood effects!

iguana
09-25-2018, 02:22 AM
Yeah its a no go for Apostle Form for me...That depth dimension is a killer.

Yeah you'll need an own table for him so I won't get him too. Unfortunately SK will be same or maybe even more I guess.

rcaido
09-25-2018, 03:18 AM
Yeah you'll need an own table for him so I won't get him too. Unfortunately SK will be same or maybe even more I guess.

They can do it like Wonder woman. Hers was only 25" in depth and that was for a 1/3 I believe.

Kevorkian
09-25-2018, 03:43 AM
Measurements for

Credit to Stephen Lee from FB:

"Hope the following would be helpful for all collectors planning your man cave displays!

Prime 1 Exhibition Sep 2018 New Statue Measurements. The info provided by me is only for indicative purposes and cannot be used as final measurement facts because the production pieces’ dimensions may change subject to P1’s decision. All info is in centimeters (HxWxD)"
apostle is smaller than i expected, from pictures i was imaging something like 85-90cm height

iguana
09-25-2018, 05:07 AM
apostle is smaller than i expected, from pictures i was imaging something like 85-90cm height

He really is if I think about it again. Even if it is about 1/5 and he's not 100 % straight he should be taller I guess, especially when Stehpen Lee included the size of the base too.

Edit: Here's a pic again with both and Guts Sword Up, Seems not thaaat much smaller, who knows if Stehpen measured right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Berserk/comments/7ylapr/comparison_photo_to_guts_and_zodd_both_by_prime_1/

Nugchompa
09-25-2018, 10:01 AM
They can do it like Wonder woman. Hers was only 25" in depth and that was for a 1/3 I believe.

I believe you are referring to the 1/2.

Gathro
09-25-2018, 04:20 PM
Beserk Armour Guts only has 2 payments left and SS has not sent their famous sorry its delayed so your payments will be pushed back yet. Here is hoping.

oddmania
09-26-2018, 05:58 AM
Beserk Armour Guts only has 2 payments left and SS has not sent their famous sorry its delayed so your payments will be pushed back yet. Here is hoping.

Of all my P1 pre-orders, the Berserk line has never been delayed.......Knock on wood.

BrandedSaiyan27
09-26-2018, 02:22 PM
Anyone here have kids? I have an infant daughter and currently own Guts: The Blackswordsman. I also have Zodd Human form on PO and Berserker Armor. These are all very gory statues and will be displayed in their own separate room, however I still feel uneasy thinking of my daughter seeing them. I'm also on the fence about getting slan. Anyone here with kids getting Slan? How will you explain and /or work around the nudity?

supermetroid
09-26-2018, 02:41 PM
Don't have kids but I see your dilemma. Not sure their brains would ask questions until they're toddlers but that'd be too young to explain Berserk lol. Maybe keep them out of sight

Pompous
09-26-2018, 03:45 PM
Anyone here have kids? I have an infant daughter and currently own Guts: The Blackswordsman. I also have Zodd Human form on PO and Berserker Armor. These are all very gory statues and will be displayed in their own separate room, however I still feel uneasy thinking of my daughter seeing them. I'm also on the fence about getting slan. Anyone here with kids getting Slan? How will you explain and /or work around the nudity?

I agree with supermetroid. I would hide them from her for now. I’m not one to lecture on how to raise kids but, to me, kids should not see that kinda imagery regardless of how young they are. At the same time I don’t think you should stop collecting. You said they will be displayed in a separate room, as long as they’re not all around the house you should have no problem keeping her from seeing it. A closed door is always a good solution, and if she needs to be in that room have some black cloths ready to pull over them.

The real tricky part is when she starts to ask questions. Just explain to her how she likes things for kids (My Little Pony, Frozen, etc) and you like grown-up, adult stuff that is more gross and scary, and promise she can see them when she’s much older. It’s pretty remarkable how understanding kids can be if you’re open with them.

As for Slan, as long as your spouse is okay with it, there should be no problem with your daughter, just hide it like the rest (and maybe save showing her that one for last waaaaaay down the line when you can explain context to her haha).

rcaido
09-26-2018, 04:11 PM
My kids loves the Guts statue. As for Slan only way i can get away with that is if i bought the whole God Hand which im not planning to do. I already have the Figma Goodsmile set which is pretty much the same sculpt as Prime 1. Pretty lazy on Prime 1.

Zombiez
09-26-2018, 04:57 PM

Take the kids to a museum a few times they won't be shocked by a naked body

BurningRage
09-26-2018, 05:17 PM
These are great for the nursery.

dao2
09-26-2018, 05:47 PM

Yea honestly the blood and guts are probably more of an issue then the nudity :| as long as it's not overly serialized the naked (or various almost clothed instances) human form has been depicated in art through human history. Slan isn't really that distatesful, the death and carnage on the rest of the bases are much worse :P

iguana
09-27-2018, 12:51 AM
I also have a kid and would say the body parts are more of a problem then the nudity. Nudity is something normal, ever was but humans/monsters/animals (especially horses which most kids love) with cut off parts or without heads that are staring at you aren't daily.

Zombiez
09-27-2018, 02:03 AM
Yea honestly the blood and guts are probably more of an issue then the nudity :| as long as it's not overly serialized the naked (or various almost clothed instances) human form has been depicated in art through human history. Slan isn't really that distatesful, the death and carnage on the rest of the bases are much worse :P

That's interesting traditionally Americans have had more aversion to sex/ nudity than violence and blood.

BrandedSaiyan27
09-27-2018, 01:46 PM
I agree with supermetroid. I would hide them from her for now. I’m not one to lecture on how to raise kids but, to me, kids should not see that kinda imagery regardless of how young they are. At the same time I don’t think you should stop collecting. You said they will be displayed in a separate room, as long as they’re not all around the house you should have no problem keeping her from seeing it. A closed door is always a good solution, and if she needs to be in that room have some black cloths ready to pull over them.

The real tricky part is when she starts to ask questions. Just explain to her how she likes things for kids (My Little Pony, Frozen, etc) and you like grown-up, adult stuff that is more gross and scary, and promise she can see them when she’s much older. It’s pretty remarkable how understanding kids can be if you’re open with them.

As for Slan, as long as your spouse is okay with it, there should be no problem with your daughter, just hide it like the rest (and maybe save showing her that one for last waaaaaay down the line when you can explain context to her haha).

Thanks Pompous, I like your view on explaining it the child.

As for my spouse being okay with Slan, technically my wife isn't okay with ANY of my collectibles, so thats going to be a no go haha. Like I said all of my statues will be in their own display/office room with a locked door. I think I'll figure out a good way to cover the inappropriate ones if my daughter wants to venture into the room. Everything else is DBZ related, still violent but not as bad as Berserk. I also just ordered the original Geralt of Rivia from Prime 1 and thats go a lot of blood too.

BrandedSaiyan27
09-27-2018, 03:36 PM
These are great for the nursery.

Whew! Thanks for confirming for me, I thought so too but was on the fence. I'm thinking of putting Void and Apostle Zodd right in front of the crib so she has a perfect viewing angle of them.

dao2
09-27-2018, 04:08 PM
That's interesting traditionally Americans have had more aversion to sex/ nudity than violence and blood.

Yes and it's weird that they do. Why is seeing someone's head cut off better than seeing a naked breast? I say this as an American. I don't think a child really needs to see either, but of the two violence is worse imo. Sex is a different story, still better then extreme violence but Sex or overly sexualized is not the same as nudity.

Pompous
09-27-2018, 04:27 PM

As she grows up, I feel the problem will be less about the naked statue itself, and more about “why do you own this naked statue”? Haha

Nugchompa
09-27-2018, 04:51 PM
I dont have kids, but I would have more of a problem with the gore than the nudity. The nudity just is. It isn't of an overtly sexualized nature. I find it odd how a breast creates controversy but a decapitated head is considered okay to many.

Zombiez
09-27-2018, 06:22 PM
Yes and it's weird that they do. Why is seeing someone's head cut off better than seeing a naked breast? I say this as an American. I don't think a child really needs to see either, but of the two violence is worse imo. Sex is a different story, still better then extreme violence but Sex or overly sexualized is not the same as nudity.

Violence is easier to explain to children but with SEX things can get very complicated, violence comes with less questions. I think most children would just think that all the gore on the berserk statues is ugly. Nudity in a tasteful ARTISTIC form is something i believe they can easily get used to which is why i suggested the museum.

NosferatuOMeGa
09-27-2018, 09:57 PM
I have guts and a three year old kid.

"Who's that man?" "WHY HE HURT THE DINOSAUR!!"
Lol, anyway - in general, my kids have liked all the statues I have/had.
All berserk pieces are on PO so far, so we'll see how they fair.

dao2
09-28-2018, 12:42 AM
Violence is easier to explain to children but with SEX things can get very complicated, violence comes with less questions. I think most children would just think that all the gore on the berserk statues is ugly. Nudity in a tasteful ARTISTIC form is something i believe they can easily get used to which is why i suggested the museum.

The nudity on slan isn't particularly over the top or anything, it's pretty muted and better the the base :P

Most other places in the world don't have a problem with explaining nipples to people ^^

Blacksunn
09-28-2018, 09:00 AM
Had me until the end... lol

Live-action Berserk manga commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=jm5T5Ok2Gms

Nugchompa
09-28-2018, 12:36 PM
On the subject of Slan, someone posted a video that shows the censored upper area. It might be the extreme angle needed to see behind the feather, but the nipple placement seems reminiscent of ARH.

BrandedSaiyan27
10-08-2018, 12:41 PM
I have guts and a three year old kid.

"Who's that man?" "WHY HE HURT THE DINOSAUR!!"
Lol, anyway - in general, my kids have liked all the statues I have/had.
All berserk pieces are on PO so far, so we'll see how they fair.

This is great, nice to hear some feedback from someone with firsthand experience. Do yo mind if I ask how you answered?

NosferatuOMeGa
10-09-2018, 01:01 PM
This is great, nice to hear some feedback from someone with firsthand experience. Do yo mind if I ask how you answered?

That side wasn't as memorable! Lol
Something like it was a "bad dinosaur who attacked him" or somewhere along those lines.

For the most part, he loves all of the statues, and is completely obsessed with a Venom piece that I have.

Spongebob
10-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Is Prime 1 studio only using Fedex to ship there products oversea and how fast will it arrive to its destination (Europe).

I have ordered Berserker amour and its sword placement is almost similar to Black swordsman. For anyone that has the Black swordsman, how secure is it if you switch his sword to his shoulder, is there a crevice of some kind on his shoulder for the sword to sit in or is it just only gravity.

Thanks!

DrDjango
10-11-2018, 04:04 AM
Is Prime 1 studio only using Fedex to ship there products oversea and how fast will it arrive to its destination (Europe).

I have ordered Berserker amour and its sword placement is almost similar to Black swordsman. For anyone that has the Black swordsman, how secure is it if you switch his sword to his shoulder, is there a crevice of some kind on his shoulder for the sword to sit in or is it just only gravity.

Thanks!

To Germany they usually ship via DHL. If you prefer Fedex, just write the support.

MustardDragon
10-11-2018, 03:03 PM
Got charged for PUCK this morning, looks like it's shipping out real soon. A nice appetizer while waiting for Griffith to get released.

bicoid18
10-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Zodd unboxing!! My body and wallet are ready for this guy! What a beast!!!! :buttrock:

https://youtu.be/oNad4l1tq2k

Zombiez
10-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Zodd towers over guts

dao2
10-12-2018, 10:13 AM
that is an awesome unboxing

Chargersfan57
10-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Zodd unboxing!! My body and wallet are ready for this guy! What a beast!!!! :buttrock:

https://youtu.be/oNad4l1tq2k

I didn't think my heart could take it through to the end. Seeing the claws, and then him dropping the shield just hurt me to the core!

I also really liked the fun unboxing music set to the background of this extremely gory piece! :)

MustardDragon
10-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Great Zodd unboxing, thanks for sharing.

For how heavy and expensive P1 statues are, they really need to make the magnets WAY stronger. It breaks my heart when I see these things drop or get damaged.

chavez553
10-12-2018, 01:50 PM
That guy was just man handling zodd

We all know to be careful. These aren’t made out of plastic.

SONICobra
10-12-2018, 02:52 PM
i knew this statue was going to be special as soon as i saw the concept art, pure madness :buttrock:

rcaido
10-12-2018, 03:15 PM
thanks for the upskirt shot at the end...

Cant wait to get mines

Blacksunn
10-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Thanks for posting the vid. I need to go change my shorts after watching that. Can't wait to get him!

DeadGhostKnight
10-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Lol i loved that video it was great!

It does amaze me that people drop so much money on statues and really don't take their time putting them together. For me a piece with so many pieces and slowly building it up is one of the fun parts and when pieces are this complicated and this expensive you take your time lol.

IF it was me i honestly wouldn't have uploaded it lol but it did make me smile.

Also this piece is ----ing INSANE! Yeah it's an expensive piece but ---- me the size, the quality.....just all out from P1 with these pieces.

Stiler
10-18-2018, 09:43 PM
lol, when that shield fell, oh man I've been there before, though mine was much worse (causing my Superman cape to fall and have multiple big breaks).

Then the realization that he had it in backwards and that's why it was so easily knocked out lmao.

chavez553
10-20-2018, 01:17 AM
Low stock alert on Prime1s Human Form Zodd at Sideshow.

Means he’s due to ship pretty soon.

chavez553
10-23-2018, 01:12 PM
Estimated arrival at SS has now been changed from oct-dec, to November.

BrandedSaiyan27
10-23-2018, 01:20 PM
Estimated arrival at SS has now been changed from oct-dec, to November.

Whoohoo! I haven't received a notification yet, did you get an email or just see it on the site? Honestly I'm kind of scared for this guy to show up. I have no idea where I'm going to display him or how I'm going to explain him to the wife :)

chavez553
10-23-2018, 01:29 PM
No, no email, but it shows the updated date on there product page. 2 things you can count on when something is about to arrive at SS, They puts the item at low quantity alert even it really isn’t to entice people to buy it asap, then they update the estimated arrival date.

He should be in our hands by early November. I’d expect emails to go out this week or next.

I’ve got a spot for mine. ��

chavez553
10-30-2018, 06:27 PM
Just got the item arriving soon email from Sideshow for Prime 1 Zodd

Will be arriving in their wharehouse November 12

Shipping to IL was $80 yikes!

BurningRage
10-30-2018, 06:35 PM
$100 to NY

chavez553
10-30-2018, 06:39 PM
$100 to NY

Ouch!

Gonna be a big boy.. lol

chavez553
10-30-2018, 06:44 PM
And that’s with the limited time offer on discount shipping.

SONICobra
10-30-2018, 07:51 PM
Yeah shipping on these P1 pieces does sting, regardless super stoked for this one. This will be the largest statue i have ever received and possibly ever will :itsb:

NosferatuOMeGa
10-30-2018, 08:54 PM
$160 to Canada, plus some additional taxes!
I'm 1 1/2 hours from NY too. Lol

daemerz
10-31-2018, 06:29 AM
300$ to switzerland, same as guts

Pompous
10-31-2018, 04:56 PM
I’m going to assume Berserker will ship in December, it is a busy time of year though so I can’t make that call 100%.

GriffiSkywalker
11-02-2018, 10:01 AM
300$ to switzerland, same as guts

300$ rip wallet

Zombiez
11-02-2018, 10:53 AM
if berserker ships in December then there is a 50-50 chance that it will be delayed.

majestic1
11-02-2018, 11:48 AM
Tokyo Comic Con is at the end of this month and P1 said they will be showing some new stuff so maybe we will see another Berserk reveal (Skull Knight, Casca, 1:6 dios)

MustardDragon
11-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Puck arrived last night! Pretty cool little piece. I was worried that the detail would be lost on such a small figure, but they did a great job.

https://i.imgur.com/qgXjy6N.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IqEB7UF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XOkW4Ib.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/MS3qT8v.jpg

V4XCollect
11-02-2018, 05:42 PM
:sly2:

I'm not going to say anything... just going to stop checking the Berserk thread...

Zombiez
11-02-2018, 06:31 PM

I'm not going to say anything... just going to stop checking the Berserk thread...

you should speak your mind this is a forum

NosferatuOMeGa
11-02-2018, 11:24 PM
Tokyo Comic Con is at the end of this month and P1 said they will be showing some new stuff so maybe we will see another Berserk reveal (Skull Knight, Casca, 1:6 dios)

New berserk stuff? Or just new stuff in general.
Damn, they've been hammering this stuff through!!

Zombiez
11-02-2018, 11:48 PM
New berserk stuff? Or just new stuff in general.
Damn, they've been hammering this stuff through!!

I am pretty sure this line is just about done because they have made most of the main cast of characters already and only a few more remain.

Kevorkian
11-03-2018, 12:15 AM
I am pretty sure this line is just about done because they have made most of the main cast of characters already and only a few more remain.

actually there are still many of them that can be made in multiple versions, and not counting the 1:6 dios.

berserk is a very productive cow for now if they continue to deliver stuff with high quality.

Zombiez
11-03-2018, 02:26 AM
actually there are still many of them that can be made in multiple versions, and not counting the 1:6 dios.

berserk is a very productive cow for now if they continue to deliver stuff with high quality.

Like who?? From the main cast only casca, farnese serpico remain. The 1:6 dio line is different I was talking about the 1:4 I believe it's pretty much complete . After the 3 characters that I mentioned are done what remains?? A few villains Maybe Mogus, ganishka and grunbeld but they are far from the most desirable especially mogus.

No doubt they will make other berserk statues but this initial 1:4 museum pose line seems like it's reached an inevitable end. I could be wrong but I doubt it

Kevorkian
11-03-2018, 03:19 AM
Like who?? From the main cast only casca, farnese serpico remain. The 1:6 dio line is different I was talking about the 1:4 I believe it's pretty much complete . After the 3 characters that I mentioned are done what remains?? A few villains Maybe Mogus, ganishka and grunbeld but they are far from the most desirable especially mogus.

No doubt they will make other berserk statues but this initial 1:4 museum pose line seems like it's reached an inevitable end. I could be wrong but I doubt it

i would like for example:

golden age band of hawk
(Judeau, Pippin, Corkus, Rickert)
Serpico
Caska golden, crazy, nowdays?
farnese in double version
nowdays guts
zodd with wings
Grunbeld
Locus
Irvine
Sonia

Snake Baron
Count
Wyald
Rosine
Ganishka

Gambino
Charlotte
King of Midlands

But im sure i missed somebody else

StatueDiva
11-03-2018, 04:11 AM
1. Band of Falcon won't sell in 1/4 scale. Anyone besides Guts, Casca, and Griffith is business suicide in 1/4.

Locus
Irvine
Sonia

Snake Baron
Count
Wyald
Rosine
Ganishka

Gambino
Charlotte
King of Midlands

2. None of these will sell in this scale either. I only cut out Grunbeld because he's really the only one that will move units.

You're going to have shortage of warehouse space with the rest. Nobody in their right mind should do those characters in large scale.

3. I think Zombiez hit it right in that this line is probably about done with. I wouldn't be surprised if 2019 is the last year for 1/4.

Medusoid
11-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Any word on Schierke? I loved how the statue turned out and I was hoping to see it up for order soon.

HiTMAN
11-04-2018, 06:14 AM
I’m really digging the revised portrait on Griffith, well done to Prime 1 for listening to collectors.

I had no plans to display the initial render but I will now, hopefully the P1 store EX bonus includes a stand.

https://i.imgur.com/pvyuPm2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0PVRFZk.jpg

Comicbookguy
11-04-2018, 03:32 PM
This line has superior paint apps! That Asia bloody variant guts was so good looking in the newer pics. I wished I had that one over the reg version.

ciscocisco1000
11-05-2018, 08:20 PM
My payment is processing on my Nosferatu Zodd in Human Form so you know what that means. It should be shipping this week. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Barbarian
11-06-2018, 07:27 PM

Too late. You already said something. Might as well go for it and let folks know wtf you're talking about.
I’m really digging the revised portrait on Griffith, well done to Prime 1 for listening to collectors.
Amen, brother! He looks so friggin' righteous! :buttrock:
Can't wait to place him next to Guts.

Puck looks great, Mustard. Thanks for sharing your pics. :thumbs2:

StatueDiva
11-09-2018, 09:42 AM
Prime 1 put up the Beast of Casca's Dream this week.

Edition Size: 500
Price: $899.00

EX is the cannon head.

https://www.prime1studio.com/br-beast-of-casca-s-dream-upmbr-10ex.html

https://preview.ibb.co/deAoJV/upmbr-10-a01.jpg (https://ibb.co/ivWHCq)
https://preview.ibb.co/gPneQA/upmbr-10-a02-ex.jpg (https://ibb.co/fiT8JV)
https://preview.ibb.co/kPkoJV/upmbr-10-a03-ex.jpg (https://ibb.co/doVzQA)
https://preview.ibb.co/cfqcCq/upmbr-10-a05.jpg (https://ibb.co/kmwHCq)
https://preview.ibb.co/fHetkA/upmbr-10-a06-height.jpg (https://ibb.co/ftVzQA)
https://preview.ibb.co/hUNqXq/upmbr-10-a07.jpg (https://ibb.co/ffceQA)
https://preview.ibb.co/b4LzQA/upmbr-10-a08.jpg (https://ibb.co/n0CqXq)
https://preview.ibb.co/fpsDkA/upmbr-10-a11.jpg (https://ibb.co/d8ZhdV)
https://preview.ibb.co/gPneQA/upmbr-10-a02-ex.jpg (https://ibb.co/fiT8JV)
https://preview.ibb.co/iAFYkA/upmbr-10-b03-ex.jpg (https://ibb.co/kEixCq)

StatueDiva
11-09-2018, 10:10 AM
Price is too high imo, not sure if this is going to do well since a lot of people buying the statues don't know the manga well.

SONICobra
11-09-2018, 10:24 AM
$200 less than zodd? man this hobby is getting nuts, glad i got guts and zodd - im out of this line

Zombiez
11-09-2018, 10:25 AM
As soon as this goes up on sideshow i will pre-order it. I would have preferred a " broken" casca statue but this will due just fine for now until they release an official Casca.

actionjackson83
11-09-2018, 10:30 AM
What the hell $899 for “that”?

StatueDiva
11-09-2018, 10:35 AM
$200 less than zodd? man this hobby is getting nuts, glad i got guts and zodd - im out of this line

Yeah, this is priced the same as Slan regular. That piece was understandable since she is fully covered in translucent resin like ECC females.

I was expecting the price to be around $599 or a bit higher. Can't knock Prime 1 quality, but these prices are getting out of hand.

majestic1
11-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Isidro at $699 and now this at $899, P1 are getting a bit silly with these prices. The price for Skull Knight on horse and Grunbeld is gonna be insane.

BurningRage
11-09-2018, 11:29 AM
I hate to see what 1/3 Guts will cost.

BrandedSaiyan27
11-09-2018, 11:36 AM
Isidro at $699 and now this at $899, P1 are getting a bit silly with these prices. The price for Skull Knight on horse and Grunbeld is gonna be insane.

Damn, Glad I got Guts, Human Zodd, Berserker Armor and Griffith. That may have to be it for me for this line with these crazy prices. Isidro was the same price as Geralt of Rivia ( Witcher Series). Geralt is way more of a badass character than Isidro so I got him instead.

Beast of Cascas dream is cool and all, but not $899 cool for the size and he only lasted a few pages in the manga.

I'm going to be passing on the God Hand unfortunately, just too expensive.

I'm terrified to see the price on Grunbeld and Skull Knight, I love those characters and they would be on my must have list. Hopefully I'm all caught up on my other PO payments by then and can afford it :)

Also Apostle Zodd and 1/3 Guts will be priced insanely high.

GriffiSkywalker
11-09-2018, 12:55 PM
900$ what the hell, i was thinking around 500$

daemerz
11-09-2018, 01:21 PM
po'ed everything from the berserk line day 1 except for the last two as they are priced too high for my taste. it looks great but not for that kind of money...

rcaido
11-09-2018, 02:19 PM
This actually looks really good w/ some fine detail. Can you imagine this next to Guts & Armored Guts...That would look so good!

Got the notification for final payment & shipping soon for Zodd! Yes!

Zombiez
11-09-2018, 03:01 PM
I am down for the whole line but this really should have been 100$ less.

majestic1
11-09-2018, 03:06 PM
This actually looks really good w/ some fine detail. Can you imagine this next to Guts & Armored Guts...That would look so good!

They displayed it with those 2 at Wonder Festival this year, it's nice but still over-priced.

http://i68.tinypic.com/9asl0z.jpg

Here is Sisko's HD vid of this piece from Wonder Festival - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWq2EfwlMtA

Barbarian
11-09-2018, 05:06 PM
Yeah, it's super way cool and all, and fairly massive at 26 inches tall, but that price is a bit much.

Pompous
11-09-2018, 08:49 PM
The actual Berserker armor statue is literally only $50 more than this. Are they trying to capatalize on dog lovers or......?

StatueDiva
11-09-2018, 08:58 PM
More that they're taking the piss.

We know that the underbases are recycled. The sword is definitely recycled. The rest of it is new.

You're paying $900 for a 1/4 dog, casket, some small golems, and a broken Casca doll.

DeadGhostKnight
11-09-2018, 09:30 PM
The actual Berserker armor statue is literally only $50 more than this. Are they trying to capatalize on dog lovers or......?

That really puts it in perspective....the only other thing i can imagine is a low ES....

StatueDiva
11-09-2018, 10:05 PM
That really puts it in perspective....the only other thing i can imagine is a low ES....

Berserker Armor also has 500 ES on the EX.

Blacksunn
11-10-2018, 11:58 AM
Berserker Armor also has 500 ES on the EX.

Nos Zodd has an EX of only 350 and still has not sold out...

SONICobra
11-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Nos Zodd has an EX of only 350 and still has not sold out...

which is so bizarre to me, awesomeness of the statue aside - its the best bang for buck of the line and maybe even from prime1 period

Comicbookguy
11-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Price for the dog is ridiculous.

majestic1
11-11-2018, 01:22 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/2euip9e.jpg

chavez553
11-11-2018, 05:08 PM
I'm still laughing at the price for this.

For $300 more you can get Zodd Human form.

Not worth it if you ask me either.

I bet Zodd Apostle form will be set at a more fair price.

chavez553
11-11-2018, 06:02 PM
which is so bizarre to me, awesomeness of the statue aside - its the best bang for buck of the line and maybe even from prime1 period

It will, once it’s starts shipping. Sideshow has already put the low stock meter on him. The regular might hang around though, but not if Prime1 has cut the ES down because of port sales.

It’s on Prime1s waitlist.

iguana
11-12-2018, 08:08 AM
Price is at least 150 USD to much IMO, don't know what they thinking. I hope it will not get much orders and they rethink their price tags fot the future.

EnShinNoi
11-12-2018, 08:34 AM
High price. Then consider it has the most niche audience of all their Berserk statues. Ridiculously high price. Sales are going to be so low. It might even get cancelled.

To actually want this, one would have to meet the following requirements:

A die-hard manga fan who is up to date with their reading
A statue line completionist
Enough money to buy something expensive you don't necessarily love as much as other comparably priced statues

Of course, I'm being very generalistic here but my point is, niche audience.

SONICobra
11-12-2018, 10:01 AM
High price. Then consider it has the most niche audience of all their Berserk statues. Ridiculously high price. Sales are going to be so low. It might even get cancelled.

maybe thats the point, to say they made the effort but the fans dictated that it wouldnt get made

StatueDiva
11-12-2018, 10:21 AM
In that case the same fate may fall on Isidro and Schierke.

Price is at least 150 USD to much IMO, don't know what they thinking. I hope it will not get much orders and they rethink their price tags fot the future.

They'll just kill the line.

TBH with these prices people may as well forget about Skull Knight on Horseback.

Zombiez
11-12-2018, 11:18 AM
In that case the same fate may fall on Isidro and Schierke.

They'll just kill the line.

TBH with these prices people may as well forget about Skull Knight on Horseback.

Nah schierke should be popular enough to make good sales. If jetpower prime can move units at around 3000$ skull knight should be just fine

Zombiez
11-12-2018, 11:20 AM

They still have to pay for the prototype so that would make no sense.

Zombiez
11-12-2018, 11:28 AM

To actually want this, one would have to meet the following requirements:

A die-hard manga fan who is up to date with their reading
A statue line completionist
Enough money to buy something expensive you don't necessarily love as much as other comparably priced statues

Of course, I'm being very generalistic here but my point is, niche audience.

You just described me but hopefully sales won't be low just slow. I don't think these companies expect statues to sell out until after collectors have them in hand. Which means sometime in 2020.

iguana
11-12-2018, 11:35 AM

What?
I mean they can make better prices for other statues of the line, not this one.

Zombiez
11-12-2018, 11:49 AM
What?
I mean they can make better prices for other statues of the line, not this one.

I am pretty sure these statues are priced exactly were they need to be to keep things profitable. All the berserk statues are going to range from 700- 1500. IF this doesn't sell at this price point that doesn't mean they are going to lower the prices they just won't make any more niche statues at this scale for this line and p1 will end up like sideshow making the same thing over and over again because that's what the consumers want.

SONICobra
11-12-2018, 12:24 PM

companies abandon projects all the time regardless of if a prototype is produced or not. the loss of a prototype is a lot easier to make up than the loss on an entire run of statues they can only sell a very small percentage of

Zombiez
11-12-2018, 01:29 PM
companies abandon projects all the time regardless of if a prototype is produced or not. the loss of a prototype is a lot easier to make up than the loss on an entire run of statues they can only sell a very small percentage of

Yeah but I don't think that's likely with this line p1 seems to be supporting this line 100% more so than many of their others

iguana
11-13-2018, 02:30 AM
I am pretty sure these statues are priced exactly were they need to be to keep things profitable. All the berserk statues are going to range from 700- 1500. IF this doesn't sell at this price point that doesn't mean they are going to lower the prices they just won't make any more niche statues at this scale for this line and p1 will end up like sideshow making the same thing over and over again because that's what the consumers want.

I have no clue what they cost the company all in all but I claim they could be cheaper if they wanted to and still make profit, maybe not much cheaper but still a bit.

Balthazar
11-13-2018, 03:14 AM
I thinks this will not sold out. It is beautiful, but indeed you need to be a completist. Does anyone know something about the 1/6 line? I am very interested about it

Kevorkian
11-13-2018, 03:35 AM
I thinks this will not sold out. It is beautiful, but indeed you need to be a completist. Does anyone know something about the 1/6 line? I am very interested about it

they showed just a concept of guts riding zodd for now, but no teaser of a actual sculpt.
I dont know if the release of oniri creations impacted somehow on this one.

Balthazar
11-13-2018, 04:25 AM
Thank you. I believe you are correct. For animes i try to stick in 1/6, because i believe that suit em better

Dokstarr
11-13-2018, 11:50 AM
I think I'm going to be mostly out of this line now. Guts, Armor Guts, and I'd do a regular Casca. Slan is a very attractive statue, but in terms of actual screen/page time, the Godhand are barely seen. I'm not even sure if we will see the Guts-Dog again. It was very cool in the few chapters it was there, but that might be done

SONICobra
11-13-2018, 06:35 PM
one of these is $130 less than the other one... i know i know :deadh: but what the heck are they thinking?

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=118611&d=1542148500

Balthazar
11-13-2018, 10:30 PM
Sonic, i understand what you try to point out, but i believe that it is incorrect and I explain. This kind of comparision is not that easy, because, for example, the license fee and the royalties for Guyver can be significantly cheaper than for Berserk. More, the materials involved can be different and with different quality.

Phoenixblazes
11-13-2018, 10:37 PM
Sonic, i understand what you try to point out, but i believe that it is incorrect and I explain. This kind of comparision is not that easy, because, for example, the license fee and the royalties for Guyver can be significantly cheaper than for Berserk. More, the materials involved can be different and with different quality.

Does anyone actually know how much licence fees actually cost for various franchises? I know Beserk is going through a resurgence because of the movies and animated series etc, but I doubt the price difference is solely just because of the license.

Maybe Prime 1 just believe there's going to be enough demand in East Asia, that they can get away with pricing it higher than usual.

And at least for apparent quality that Guyver piece does looks great, from head to base.

chavez553
11-13-2018, 10:46 PM
Does anyone actually know how much licence fees actually cost for various franchises? I know Beserk is going through a resurgence because of the movies and animated series etc, but I doubt the price difference is solely just because of the license.

Maybe Prime 1 just believe there's going to be enough demand in East Asia, that they can get away with pricing it higher than usual.

And at least for apparent quality that Guyver piece does looks great, from head to base.

Bet those Asians love Berserk. On a large scale.

chavez553
11-13-2018, 10:47 PM
My Zodd arrives Monday btw.

StatueDiva
11-14-2018, 01:00 AM

The Guyver pieces are super comparable with Berserk... Both lines are offering a variety of switchouts and retail at $999 and above..

one of these is $130 less than the other one... i know i know :deadh: but what the heck are they thinking?

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=118611&d=1542148500

Dead horse indeed, but it's obvious they've turned to nickel-and-diming folks. They'll get 5 orders for this at maximum.

generalzodlives
11-14-2018, 09:13 AM
Count me in as one of the five orders. :penguin:

Blacksunn
11-14-2018, 10:03 AM
Waitlist for Griffith converted... Zodd arriving Monday...

Guess I need to open my Guts now. :P

SONICobra
11-14-2018, 10:05 AM

congrats bro, my final payment is tomorrow - super stoked! :buttrock:

bicoid18
11-14-2018, 11:26 AM

Nice! I was hoping to get Zodd sometime this week but my order has been processing since Monday. :banghead:

But with the serious situation with the wild fires that were happening so close Sideshow, they’re probably trying to get caught up with their day to day operations.

chavez553
11-14-2018, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I’m looking forward to this one very much.

So the regular has disappeared at Sideshow and the Ex has higher payments now.

daemerz
11-14-2018, 07:35 PM
should get zodd today. first time ss used DHL with me. super fast.

batman1180
11-14-2018, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I’m looking forward to this one very much.

So the regular has disappeared at Sideshow and the Ex has higher payments now.

Regular is still there, just hidden. Not even low quantity alert anymore on the reg.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/berserk-nosferatu-zodd-in-human-form-prime-1-studio-903115/

chavez553
11-14-2018, 11:26 PM
Regular is still there, just hidden. Not even low quantity alert anymore on the reg.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/berserk-nosferatu-zodd-in-human-form-prime-1-studio-903115/

Those people at Sideshow are some sneaky bastards.. lol.

chavez553
11-14-2018, 11:28 PM

No, you’re wrong. Check it again. It’s waitlisted now.

Hi in the hell does the regular sell out right when it starts shipping? This happens quite a bit on Prime1 products.

chavez553
11-14-2018, 11:32 PM
The regular sells out and the exclusive is still available?

Makes no sense.

There was 500 of the Regular and 350 of the exclusive.

Who here bought a regular ?

Phoenixblazes
11-15-2018, 12:10 AM
Just keep in mind that all of the international retailers are the ones selling the majority of the 'regulars'.

Most of my collection are non exclusive pieces, as it costs me an additional 30 to 60% on top of what I spend to get the regular locally, in order to get the Exclusive from Sideshow.

chavez553
11-15-2018, 12:25 AM
Just keep in mind that all of the international retailers are the ones selling the majority of the 'regulars'.

Most of my collection are non exclusive pieces, as it costs me an additional 30 to 60% on top of what I spend to get the regular locally, in order to get the Exclusive from Sideshow.

Well that makes sense. I kinda thought that’s what was happening.

daemerz
11-15-2018, 08:51 AM
just got him. looks super awesome. no issues.

https://imgur.com/a/lw73aWt

DPmaster
11-15-2018, 09:28 AM
This piece looks like one of those pieces where people walk into a room and are immediately drawn to it. Overload for the senses. Looks absolutely fantastic imo!

SONICobra
11-15-2018, 09:51 AM

outstanding, congrats! :buttrock:

This piece looks like one of those pieces where people walk into a room and are immediately drawn to it. Overload for the senses. Looks absolutely fantastic imo!

he is going to be front and center when you walk into my collection room, i cant - frickin - wait :itsb:

qz33
11-15-2018, 09:59 AM

Do it!

majestic1
11-15-2018, 11:46 AM
Zodd has got to win statue of the year.

Negativepenalty
11-15-2018, 11:47 AM

Congrats!!! This is gonna be one hell of a piece, I get mine on Monday and terrified of the size.

Any way you can let me know the size of the circular base on it?

SONICobra
11-15-2018, 02:55 PM

:goodpost: :iagree:

daemerz
11-15-2018, 05:33 PM
Congrats!!! This is gonna be one hell of a piece, I get mine on Monday and terrified of the size.

Any way you can let me know the size of the circular base on it?

42-43 cm / 16.5 - 16.9 inches

daemerz
11-15-2018, 05:39 PM

this year has been insane.

got ToT, lady maria, guts and now zodd...

thanos pops more than zodd for sure (due to the colors) but zodd has so much presence, its insane.
I can only score the ones I have but for me the order would be:

1 Zodd
2 ToT
3 Lady Maria
4 Guts

I would not rate any of the statues less than 8.5 (Guts)

StatueDiva
11-15-2018, 08:35 PM
Zodd is a beauty..

DiscoCougar
11-16-2018, 03:14 AM
On the whole, I don't see how Zodd and HMO's Morrigan won't be the two finalists competing for statue of the year this time around.

Kevorkian
11-16-2018, 03:40 AM
On the whole, I don't see how Zodd and HMO's Morrigan won't be the two finalists competing for statue of the year this time around.

hmo morrigan for sure is one of the best female piece ever released, but zodd is totally on another level, just my 2 cents

SONICobra
11-16-2018, 12:17 PM
zodd arrives wednesday... ill have an whole day off on thursday to sit and stare at this thing :buttrock:

bicoid18
11-16-2018, 12:44 PM
zodd arrives wednesday... ill have an whole day off on thursday to sit and stare at this thing :buttrock:

Congrats! I just chatted with Kimberly from CS and they are a bit behind with shipping due to the wild fires. Hope mine ships soon! :praying: I’ve been waiting for the shipped status since Monday. :drinking:

rcaido
11-16-2018, 08:41 PM
Got the notification, getting mine Tuesday. Zodd & Guts is going to look so good together!

creech1999
11-16-2018, 11:15 PM
I can’t wait till next Wednesday for Zodd!
But with all honesty Sideshow Court of the Dead Demithyle statue should also be one of the runners up for the best statue of the year!
I just received him yesterday, and finally opened him up today.
And all I can say Is WOW kudos to Sideshow, one of the best detail statues I have ever seen.
The artistic talent, engineering and creativity that was put Into this statue Is amazing.
Again well done Sideshow!

chavez553
11-17-2018, 01:47 PM
Out for delivery today.

Hope I don’t miss it.

chavez553
11-17-2018, 08:29 PM
It’s here guys.

Holy f@%! It’s big!!!

Comicbookguy
11-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Mine is not here, will be next week so have to wait through the weekend and into mid week next week. :(

Comicbookguy
11-17-2018, 09:38 PM
Any buying zodd's monster form? It's a must if you all get this one. Do it add it into the b berserk line! It's going to be a stand out piece for sure :D

chavez553
11-17-2018, 10:27 PM
:bawling:Any buying zodd's monster form? It's a must if you all get this one. Do it add it into the b berserk line! It's going to be a stand out piece for sure :D

Yeah I was giving that piece some thought and decided against it after getting Human Zodd. Lol. You’d need like a 30 x 30 table top of some sort.

chavez553
11-17-2018, 10:35 PM
https://imgur.com/a/921Psu7

Here’s my Zodd

batman1180
11-18-2018, 03:40 AM
How big are his box(es)?

chavez553
11-18-2018, 04:01 AM
How big are his box(es)?

They’re both 3 ft tall

One is a little thinner than the other. But yeah, standard big ass boxed from P1.��

The base was in a box pretty much by itself. Base is the biggest I’ve ever seen. My jaw dropped.

Comicbookguy
11-18-2018, 04:34 AM
:bawling:

Yeah I was giving that piece some thought and decided against it after getting Human Zodd. Lol. You’d need like a 30 x 30 table top of some sort.

Don't let that stop you! He';s a center piece :)

Here’s my Zodd

Nice look at the size! He's quite bigger than the beast wars! I have both beast wars too. Love them!

chavez553
11-18-2018, 05:31 AM
Don't let that stop you! He';s a center piece :)

Nice look at the size! He's quite bigger than the beast wars! I have both beast wars too. Love them!

I don’t have the room for that monster. If it’s around later and I have a bigger place, maybe. Lol

Yeah he dwarfs Megatron. :laugh:

They really great pieces. :)

Silverine
11-18-2018, 05:55 AM

Here’s my Zodd

I have but one question? Are you still watching narcos

oddmania
11-18-2018, 06:12 AM
I think I'm going to be mostly out of this line now. Guts, Armor Guts, and I'd do a regular Casca. Slan is a very attractive statue, but in terms of actual screen/page time, the Godhand are barely seen. I'm not even sure if we will see the Guts-Dog again. It was very cool in the few chapters it was there, but that might be done

It's not about how much they appeared as much as you like the character, It's like saying you wont by Guts before the Eclipse.
Are you honestly gonna say no to the 100 man slayer or guts vs bazuso ? lets not forget him holding Casca during the sacrifice.

chavez553
11-18-2018, 06:39 AM
I have but one question? Are you still watching narcos

Yeah. I watched 2 more episodes. 😂

SONICobra
11-18-2018, 03:43 PM
Congrats bro he looks imcredible! :buttrock:

About how deep is it to the end of the outstretched sword? (total depth)

NosferatuOMeGa
11-18-2018, 08:20 PM
It's not about how much they appeared as much as you like the character, It's like saying you wont by Guts before the Eclipse.
Are you honestly gonna say no to the 100 man slayer or guts vs bazuso ? lets not forget him holding Casca during the sacrifice.

Guts with Casca during the sacrifice is exactly what I want!

(My Zodd arrives tomorrow!)

chavez553
11-19-2018, 02:19 AM
Congrats bro he looks imcredible! :buttrock:

About how deep is it to the end of the outstretched sword? (total depth)

Thanks man,

10”

Just the sword.

batman1180
11-19-2018, 02:50 AM
10”

Just the sword.

So just the sword is 10 inches? Isn't the sword real metal also? Any concern about it warping the arm over time being outstretched like that?

chavez553
11-19-2018, 03:24 AM
So just the sword is 10 inches? Isn't the sword real metal also? Any concern about it warping the arm over time being outstretched like that?

You know it does feel a little harder material that the rest of the statue. So maybe it is metal. I’d have to put a magnet 🧲 to it later on to find out for sure.

The sword hand does sort of droop out of the arm socket a little so there’s that.

If you get the Ex and are worried about it, just use the crushed helmet hand. It looks just as good. IMO.

SONICobra
11-19-2018, 10:02 AM
10”

Just the sword.

sorry, i meant total depth from the sword to the back of the base. im trying to figure out if hes going to fit my cabinet the way i had hoped

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=118703&d=1542636124

Phoenixblazes
11-19-2018, 11:12 AM
You know it does feel a little harder material that the rest of the statue. So maybe it is metal. I’d have to put a magnet �� to it later on to find out for sure.

The sword hand does sort of droop out of the arm socket a little so there’s that.

If you get the Ex and are worried about it, just use the crushed helmet hand. It looks just as good. IMO.

You might already be aware, but magnets don't work on all types of metal. Mostly they only work on materials that include iron or nickel.

chavez553
11-19-2018, 01:50 PM
sorry, i meant total depth from the sword to the back of the base. im trying to figure out if hes going to fit my cabinet the way i had hoped

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=118703&d=1542636124

Well the base is 17” and There is a body that protrudes off the back about 2”

So add the sword and it’s 29”

Thing is big.. lol.

I had to turn mine to the lady a little so no one runs into it.

chavez553
11-19-2018, 01:54 PM
:spam:You might already be aware, but magnets don't work on all types of metal. Mostly they only work on materials that include iron or nickel.

This is true

Let’s just say it’s of a metal type. Lol.

It does feel like it is.

SONICobra
11-19-2018, 02:11 PM
So add the sword and it’s 29”

Thing is big.. lol.

DANG that is huge :itsb:

kind of sucks as i wont be able to display him straight on but sounds like im going to have to turn it slightly if i want to display the sword. to be honest i kind of expected that though, part of the reason im getting out of this line. these things look big in pictures but i think its difficult to grasp their true size or the logistics of displaying them until you have them in hand. thanks for checking bro :thumbs2:

jerkilroy2
11-19-2018, 08:38 PM
Got mine as well. Holy hell! I though Guts was amazing but this in my opinion is one more rung up the freaking awesome ladder.Very brutal! I wish I could have his sword out but its way to long for my situation.

chavez553
11-19-2018, 09:50 PM
Yeah I took the sword hand off and I’m using the crushed helmet.

It’s just too big and too much risk having the sword hand in.

Don’t like him turned to the side like that either. Better to look at him straight on.

jerkilroy2
11-19-2018, 10:41 PM
Yeah I took the sword hand off and I’m using the crushed helmet.

It’s just too big and too much risk having the sword hand in.

Don’t like him turned to the side like that either. Better to look at him straight on.

Did you have any trouble with the cape being tied too tight for his head to sit down in properly? That was my only problem besides a very small break on his chest piece.

jerkilroy2
11-19-2018, 10:43 PM
Makes everything else look small!

Vendetta
11-19-2018, 11:16 PM
Zodd is probably my favorite in the entire (extremely impressive) Berserk line. Griffith and Femto are up there too.

Can't wait to get mine in a few weeks.

chavez553
11-20-2018, 01:26 AM
Did you have any trouble with the cape being tied too tight for his head to sit down in properly? That was my only problem besides a very small break on his chest piece.

Yeah, it was a bit of a struggle but was able to to it a few minutes.

After put his head on over the cape, I just pulled the cape away from his face and back of head, at the same time pushing the head down till it the head sat all the way down.

NosferatuOMeGa
11-21-2018, 12:58 AM
These are some BIGGG boxes.
I have some work to do later this week!

SONICobra
11-23-2018, 11:45 AM
unboxed zodd yesterday - impressive as hell, just a really really REALLY awesome statue. it was expensive but honestly i feel like i got my moneys worth, very satisfying statue

for those with 24" deep shelves i believe he will fit straight on using the knife hand that is angled sideways. i have yet to build my shelves but was measuring it after i set it all up and its just about 24" on the dot maybe an 1/8" less but should work if youre like me and wanted to display him head on

Spongebob
11-26-2018, 09:44 AM
When will the berserker armour ship? How much import/custom tax do some of you guys pay for a 1/4 scale when ordering direct from Prime 1

Kevorkian
11-26-2018, 11:08 AM
this weekend i unboxed zodd, absolutely fantastic piece.

Drakul
11-27-2018, 02:43 PM
Have we had any news/tease for the 1:6 diorama line? Now that Tsume released their piece I feel Prime1 should give us more info.

Balthazar
11-27-2018, 10:15 PM
Have we had any news/tease for the 1:6 diorama line? Now that Tsume released their piece I feel Prime1 should give us more info.

was about to ask the same. I did not like tsumes

HiTMAN
11-29-2018, 06:57 AM
Congrats guys, Zodd looks incredible. I've yet to unbox mine but I'm hoping this weekend.