PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a newbie~

JetFire76
10-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Hello all,

I just want to say first that I have been scouring this whole entire forum, in particular the Scuptors Corner... and I have to say 'WOW!!' Kind of gave me the inspiration to start my own.

So I have literally read almost every thread and tried every link from the Sculptors Pit Stop looking for information and also, not to be annoying and start up any new posts that already have been addresssed.

My question is this:

I have a very small oven...more like tiny. I want to make an 18inch statue of the Hulk (1st attempt - so many great hulks in this forum) but it will not fit into the oven. So I was looking into doing parts of the Hulk so I can fit each part in to the oven to bake.

However, the only problem with this is that I've read numerous articles on Armature and several posts about people mentioning people should sculpt in body parts and make it detachable. But nobody has posted any insight as to how this is done.

So, basically, I have no idea how this is done! Do we start at the amature level? If so, how is it possible to do so without the part slipping off? I thought initially that it may have been done after you sculpt the clay, but then you run into the problem of having to cut the armature in order to bake that one part.

So I'm assuming it has to be done at the armature level. Can anyone explain or provide something as to how this can be achieved?

riteguytu
10-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi Jetfire...WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

Here is a link for you:

http://www.goregoregore.com/tutorial_03_eng.php
(check out the other tutorials as well)

JetFire76
10-07-2009, 01:18 PM
I actually saw the article...I guess I must have just glanced at it and moved on!