Gianco
X-Force

Congrats to all AC Milan´s fans!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:33 PM   #12
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I am so so disappointed. I felt we were the better team in the first half and if it were not for a fluke of a first goal to Milan it could have been so much different. Anyway we are lacking a top class striker and were not good enough in the penalty area. Congrats to Milan on their 7th title. Hopefully it will not be too long before we add to our 5th.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #13
Foord
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I am so so disappointed. I felt we were the better team in the first half and if it were not for a fluke of a first goal to Milan it could have been so much different. Anyway we are lacking a top class striker and were not good enough in the penalty area. Congrats to Milan on their 7th title. Hopefully it will not be too long before we add to our 5th.
We had a top class striker, he just had to sit on the bench until 15 minutes from time. All those crap final balls that sailed over heads in the first half might just have landed on Crouch. He may be funny looking but he was Liverpool's top scorer in the competition this year. Play the man, dammit! First goal was hand ball. Deliberate or not, it came off his arm and should have been disallowed. Ah well. At least we won 2 years ago. Let's go shopping in the summer, Reds!
Foord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #14
ANGRYCOMICMAN
Cobra Command

AC Milan!!!

Buncha Mafioso!!!
ANGRYCOMICMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:18 PM   #15
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foord View Post
We had a top class striker, he just had to sit on the bench until 15 minutes from time. All those crap final balls that sailed over heads in the first half might just have landed on Crouch. He may be funny looking but he was Liverpool's top scorer in the competition this year. Play the man, dammit! First goal was hand ball. Deliberate or not, it came off his arm and should have been disallowed. Ah well. At least we won 2 years ago. Let's go shopping in the summer, Reds!
I would definitely have played Crouch ahead of Kuyt, I really don't rate him. But Liverpool need to prioritise a radical overhaul of the attack, and also find a pacier left winger. They would have been better served yesterday playing two strikers, having Gerrard in an advanced midfield role, and leaving Alonso out. Mascherano had Milan in his pocket, but for that freak goal.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #16
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Interesting lineup for next year as posted on the BBC site. Interesting signings.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #17
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

That frontline would certainly be an improvement, though I'd ditch Alonso for Pennant and play Gerrard in the correct position.

Last edited by JDH; 05-25-2007 at 06:02 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:36 AM   #18
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

You would drop Alonso?? I think he is the best passer in the team and more disciplined in tracking back than Gerrard. I think that is why Benitez will not play him there.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:01 AM   #19
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Alonso's a bit too slight though, was non-existent on Wednesday, and with Mascherano there's less of a need for emphasis on tracking back. Plus I think a team is still better off with a stronger British presence if it wants to win the league. Arsenal showed it isn't always vital, but at Chelsea and United the domestic players are key to their success. That's one of the reasons I like Mourinho - he spent big, but in large part opted to sign and develop good English players, while too often Wenger and Benitez only seem to look in Spain and France.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:35 AM   #20
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I think the problem they see is that the technique in the British players from the lower divisions is not good enough and they are over priced when compared with the continental players. That is why i think Benitez had a falling out with the Liverpool Youth Coach and is looking to improve technique in the young English and British players which i think should be the main priority of the FA. Improve technique on the ball, learn to hold onto the ball better and less emphasis on bombastic football which while we may find entertaining will not improve your chances of World Cup Success.