Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-09-2023, 03:01 PM   #111
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Forps makes some good points....but Michael Jordan is the GOAT lol. 6 for 6 in Finals as the best player, come on.

I'll say as far as this company bashing there's some merits for all the companies and all have weaknesses too. XM are great and have a ton of detail but often times overdo the details, I'm going to throw LBS in there with the too busy bases. XM also have many "lifeless" portraits especially the ladies.

Prime 1 have some great pieces but have overdone Batman to death and there's some true criticisms of the "big action figure" look as well. XM and P1 need to evaluate how big there statue's should be too, I know they're "higher end" but space runs out quick when they make them unnecessarily huge lol

Sideshow still might be the best overall but they have their duds and poor choices at times but overall do good to great statues. I hope they keep making more X-men/Spider-man as they've gone pretty deep but so many more characters to do and they knock most of them out of the park!

As for me, I've cut way back over the last few years after starting too fast. I think a big but good "problem" is there's so much competition that sometimes a 8 or 9/10 for me might not make the cut bc there's a lot of choices and many versions of the popular characters already coming or I already own
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 03:05 PM   #112
qz33
Baron Zemo

As far as the anime thing. Y'all know what he's talking about and it isn't people that like Guts.

Go look in the sexy creatures thread and the barrage of pitiful excuses for Mai and Chun-Li statues from Asian producers to get what he means.

Can't take everything Forps rolls out as literally written in stone.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 03:12 PM   #113
Forps is back
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Forps makes some good points....but Michael Jordan is the GOAT lol. 6 for 6 in Finals as the best player, come on.

I'll say as far as this company bashing there's some merits for all the companies and all have weaknesses too. XM are great and have a ton of detail but often times overdo the details, I'm going to throw LBS in there with the too busy bases. XM also have many "lifeless" portraits especially the ladies.

Prime 1 have some great pieces but have overdone Batman to death and there's some true criticisms of the "big action figure" look as well. XM and P1 need to evaluate how big there statue's should be too, I know they're "higher end" but space runs out quick when they make them unnecessarily huge lol

Sideshow still might be the best overall but they have their duds and poor choices at times but overall do good to great statues. I hope they keep making more X-men/Spider-man as they've gone pretty deep but so many more characters to do and they knock most of them out of the park!

As for me, I've cut way back over the last few years after starting too fast. I think a big but good "problem" is there's so much competition that sometimes a 8 or 9/10 for me might not make the cut bc there's a lot of choices and many versions of the popular characters already coming or I already own
Now THIS is an answer of a grown-up man promoting further discussion. Im looking at you, SHOGUN.

Prime1's lacks in her paint application, all of her sculpts looking like someone has thrown buckets of paint over them. The fact that Prime1 gave up with movie pieces and left it to Blitzway is also telling a lot. I trully believe that Prime1's best line is Transformers BY FAR with her best statue being Shockwave.

Her manga/anime/videogames lines do well for the reasons i gave to Zombiez earlier.

Personally and with the exception of Superman Hush 1/3 (or some videogames/manga statues), i have not seen a SINGLE sculpt by Prime1 to make me take a seat and admit "Well, this is a masterpiece"

And Forps eye never faults
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 03:20 PM   #114
Forps is back
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
As far as the anime thing. Y'all know what he's talking about and it isn't people that like Guts.

Go look in the sexy creatures thread and the barrage of pitiful excuses for Mai and Chun-Li statues from Asian producers to get what he means.

ONCE AGAIN, qz33 got it. It is the reason he also has a "Forps' artsy eye". qz32 is obviously smart. REALLY SMART.

He got what i was implying..And mind you, i personally dont know a guy collecting such stuff, but 3-4 times i saw some weirdos in stores asking for statues the likes qz33 implies, well....

IF i was the store owner, i would keep their names, addresses and then inform the police...And im NOT kidding!

40-45y old men collecting these ATROCIOUS (you know what im implying) anime statues is NOT NORMAL. These guys were trully weirdos. It was obvious that they had social anxiety, they had zero social skills and they were crin...

BRAVO, qz33.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 03:40 PM   #115
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
And Forps eye never faults
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
But Forps certainly can
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 03:58 PM   #116
KiDD
Mephisto

Quote:
Im not talking about anime/manga/videogames. Guys buying that stuff are obviously clueless about art, sculpting lines, shading and they also have limited choices in eg 1/3 scale.
Yeah yeah nice objective opinion. I'd like to hear your opinion on the new Kentaro Miura legacy collection that P1 has just started though, just for poops and giggles.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 04:07 PM   #117
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
Yeah yeah nice objective opinion. I'd like to hear your opinion on the new Kentaro Miura legacy collection that P1 has just started though, just for poops and giggles.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...42#post6124942
Quote:
gz33, my gut feeling tells me that Fist of the North Star does not have a massive following (mainly guys 35+ nowadays) willing to fork out >1000d for a piece. It has its fans but its a rather setting in the sunset manga.

All of Prime1's Kenshiros can be acquired for dirty cheap. And when i say dirty cheap, i mean dirty cheap.

If this sculpt was from Berserk or Dragonball, i could easily see it going for crazy prices in the aftermarket.

The final ES could be something like 300 ES for the deluxe and 50 ES for the regular or 350 ES total.

I would get it only due to my LOVE for ART and this sculpt IS artsy. The only anime/manga sculpt (out of hundreds/thousands, licensed or custom) that got my interest.

I also eye the new 1/6 Legacy Griffith and 1/6 Guts from Prime1. They are also artsy and Berserk does not have fans, it has maniacs following it! Lol!

So i am going to get this and 1/6 Griffith and Guts "diorama" coming soon.

To have some ARTSY anime/manga sculpts in my collection
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 04:51 PM   #118
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:

I am constantly open to change my view or my opinion based on facts or on new developments.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 04:54 PM   #119
grphyx1
Kingpin

Forps you should have a youtube podcast channel, where you and The Shogun hosts. That is comedy gold
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 04:56 PM   #120
ukshaun
Hercules

Big Chief Studios
It is with heavy heart that I must inform our customers that despite our best efforts Big Chief Studios,
the Company, has been forced to cease trading.

https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote