Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 04-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
IronLungs31

How are you going to display these?
Old 04-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #12
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
How are you going to display these?
I'm going to display it on Ebay.

I think if I would've gone with keeping it and continuing the line I would've HAD to display them on the wall close to my desk where I work. I think the set would look nice displayed together. One on it's own, though...

Maybe one day if someone sells a set for cheap on Ebay, I'll revisit. I do love that silver age look for the Joker, but I'm already getting the Gary Frank bust and the 1:4 museum statue, so I'll do without it unless I can get it closer to what I feel these are worth. Personally, it doesn't feel right to spend $65 a piece for these, though. I already canceled the others I had on order. I'm at the point where I've gotta be pickier and stop getting everything I think looks half-decent. I kinda liked the Robin/Harley Quinn piece in this line, too, but I've got the Harley cover girls statue on order and I'll just hope that one day we'll get a decent Robin statue...
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #13
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I got it as well for around the same price BJF. I really like it but seeing as I got #49/2500 I imagine that these didn't sell well and will be cleared out by Diamond and littered all over Ebay for a fraction of the cost.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #14
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I got it as well for around the same price BJF. I really like it but seeing as I got #49/2500 I imagine that these didn't sell well and will be cleared out by Diamond and littered all over Ebay for a fraction of the cost.
I'm not sure you can use what number you got to determine sales, although it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't sell well at that price point and size.

My number was 254.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #15
Gustavo Freire
Jubilee

Oh, well, I suppose I'll have to wait until mines comes around. So far, seems a nice piece, despite of size.
Gustavo Freire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #16
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I have a few statues that hang on the wall and I like the option.

I won't be getting them all, for sure I'll pick up Catwoman.

Only gripe I had was the background sticker was not put on flat and had ripples in it.

As for the cape blowing out the window, lots of buildings have positive air pressure from air conditioning.
I think we all have felt that backdraft coming out of a big building now and then.

CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote